Author Topic: 1 month on and Varoma demo  (Read 3123 times)

Offline allthingscraft

• View Profile
1 month on and Varoma demo
« on: May 01, 2011, 10:34:34 pm »
Well it's been a month now that I've had my Thermomix and it's continually being used. I'm am working my way through the awesome recipes on this forum.

I had a Varoma demo last Friday. That is one full on demo - I think we were all a little 'chatty' as my poor consultant mentioned that she had never stayed so long for a demo  ;D I was able to get a copy of the Indian cookbook so I'll be starting to experiment with those recipes. My DH is Anglo-Indian so I will be able to impress him and his family!

Funny what you discover when you use a TMX - my 4 year old daughter has tree-nut allergies. I started blitzing nuts into pancakes/muffins as she wouldn't discover the 'bits' and we soon realised when she was telling us her tongue tingled and her lips started swelling that she is allergic to them (which has now been confirmed by our paeditrician/allergist). That was another reason why we had the demo in April - I ordered a second jug to make sure she won't have anything with nuts.

Just loving this 'magic' machine!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: 1 month on and Varoma demo
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2011, 07:59:38 am »
So pleased it has worked out well for you. Families with allergies benefit so much from the TM especially with two bowl and blade sets. Do you have one set marked? As a consultant we put a dot of nail polish on each part to identify them :)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2011, 09:27:44 am »
good you have the thx and pity about your DD having nut allergies...thats never fun but at least from this forum and with the thermomix you can whiz up all sorts of stuff she can still enjoy and good you found out when you did.  Also good luck impressing DHs familly and yours  :)
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline allthingscraft

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 02, 2011, 11:27:59 am »
Thanks Meagan - great tip about marking the bowl. I was trying to think how I'll distinguish them that will stay on when the parts are washed.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 02, 2011, 01:51:32 pm »
Keep us informed about all the exciting things you get to make for your DD.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/