Author Topic: Salmon Fillet with Mushroom Sauce from Canadian Thermomix Cookbook  (Read 8121 times)

Offline MelissaS

• View Profile
Salmon Fillet with Mushroom Sauce

Servings: 6-8
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook time: 34 min.

Ingredients:

Salmon
- 700g skinless salmon fillets
- 2 tbsp butter, divided
- 1 lemon ,divided
- salt & pepper to taste
- 240g fresh mushrooms, cleaned and trimmed
- 480g water

Sauce
- 1 shallot, peeled
- 60g dry white wine
- 120g whipping cream
- 120g cream cheese
- dash of ground nutmeg

Garnish
- Chopped Parsley

• Cut salmon into 8 equal pieces
  • Using 1 tablespoon butter, spread a piece of aluminum foil large enough to enclose salmon. Place salmon on foil. Squeeze half of the lemon over salmon pieces and season with salt & pepper (slice other half for garnish) Carefully seal salmon inside foil.
  • Place prepared salmon in upper Varoma tray. Place mushrooms in lower varoma tray. Pour water into bowl. Properly install Varoma trays. Cook for 15 minutes at Varoma Temperature on speed 1. Carefully turn salmon packet over and cook another 15 minutes at Varoma temperature on speed 1.
  • Remove Varoma trays . Empty liquid from the bowl. Leave salmon in foil to keep warm while making sauce.
  • With the blades running for 10 seconds at speed 6, drop shallot into the bowl through the opening in the lid.
  • Add remaining butter and cook for 1 minute at 90degrees on speed 1.
  • Add remaining ingredients and half of mushrooms. Heat for 3 minutes on 100degrees on speed 2.
  • CServe salmon with sauce. Garnish with remaining mushrooms, lemon slices and chopped parsley.

Members' comments
ES - I made this tonight in my Thermo Chef. I cooked a cup of rice at the same time in the basket, so I increased the water to approx 900ml. I wrapped the fish in separate parcels and cooked them for the first 15 min at speed 2, turned them over and cooked for only another 5 min as I like my salmon still pink in the middle. It was overlooked for my liking, so next time I would stop after the first 15 min.
I had trouble sautéing the shallot as the quantity is too small for the blades to mix around. Next time I would add all the mushrooms with the butter, the shallots and the white wine. I also dropped the temp to 70C and cooked at speed 2 for 1 minute. Then added the cream and cream cheese and cooked for a further 3 minutes at 90C.
Next time I would also steam some other vegetables with the mushrooms.
Everyone enjoyed this meal, and I will make it again.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2014, 03:10:57 am by judydawn »

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Salmon Fillet with Mushroom Sauce from Canadian Thermomix Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2009, 08:01:58 am »
Thanks Melissa, this one looks nice enough to do for a dinner party. I haven't requested any of your recipes but will just go with the flow and print out any that take my fancy.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: July 23, 2009, 08:41:24 am »
Thanks Melissa - sounds like a rich sauce.  Love things done in the Varoma  :-*
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 02:57:17 am by Thermomixer »
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline trudy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2009, 02:15:12 am »
Thanks Melissa,

Can't wait to try this one!!!

Trudy

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 21, 2012, 12:19:46 pm »
I made this tonight in my Thermo Chef. I cooked a cup of rice at the same time in the basket, so I increased the water to approx 900ml. I wrapped the fish in separate parcels and cooked them for the first 15 min at speed 2, turned them over and cooked for only another 5 min as I like my salmon still pink in the middle. It was overlooked for my liking, so next time I would stop after the first 15 min.
I had trouble sautéing the shallot as the quantity is too small for the blades to mix around. Next time I would add all the mushrooms with the butter, the shallots and the white wine. I also dropped the temp to 70C and cooked at speed 2 for 1 minute. Then added the cream and cream cheese and cooked for a further 3 minutes at 90C.
Next time I would also steam some other vegetables with the mushrooms.
Everyone enjoyed this meal, and I will make it again.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2012, 12:45:17 pm »
Looks good ES.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.