Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6110792 times)

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #17595 on: April 18, 2015, 08:57:18 am »
Oh gosh Gert, is all I can say.
I've  had mybissues with Telstra  too (namely moving house and being given wrong information, leading to 3 weeks of no internet during  uni marking season =no fun). One thing I have has success with is their 24/7 app with live chat. Worth a try (I'm currently #7 on their wait list, but have never had to wait before).
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17596 on: April 18, 2015, 09:37:20 am »
Not all all surprised . I thought I too had done it all but while looking for something I knew I and not got rid of discovered a few places I had not touched. Totally not me but I will,leave them until I am more enthusiastic .

I need to save  my mental strength to deal with the department of motor vehicles who require the ORIGINAL will and death certificate  to change a motor car over. Not happening as far as I Am concerned. Ther is no logical reason why a certified copy is not acceptable .

Then to deal with the U.S. a social security who insisted on giving Ted  $50 a month even though he never worked in the US, did not have a social security number  and was married to a non US citizen.  Don't even go there! 

I am weary of it all.

Gert

Be kind and cut yourself a break Gert. You don't have to do it all immediately. From my experience the DMR wasn't that hard to deal with and neither were the banks. Take a breather - it's early days.
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17597 on: April 18, 2015, 09:40:40 am »
No wonder you are weary Gert. :o Take a breather before the next battle. :-*
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17598 on: April 18, 2015, 12:38:17 pm »
Good advice there Mich. I can understand why you wish to get it done Gert, I think I would be the same.

I'm so glad you all enjoyed Gnomesville Karen. I hope you are having a lovely break with the family.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Katj

• View Profile
« Reply #17599 on: April 19, 2015, 12:17:12 am »
Don't get me started on Telstra, unfortunately other companies such as Optus, IiNet and others I'm sure, rentheir lines from Telstra, so in some way Telstra are still intertwined.
Glad you got to see Gnomesville  Karen, we are planning on taking oldest 2 GK to a Farmstay near Gnomesville in September, they can each put a gnome there.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17600 on: April 19, 2015, 02:47:24 am »
That will be exciting Katj. Will they paint their own gnomes?

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17601 on: April 20, 2015, 09:05:59 am »
Not all all surprised . I thought I too had done it all but while looking for something I knew I and not got rid of discovered a few places I had not touched. Totally not me but I will,leave them until I am more enthusiastic .

I need to save  my mental strength to deal with the department of motor vehicles who require the ORIGINAL will and death certificate  to change a motor car over. Not happening as far as I Am concerned. Ther is no logical reason why a certified copy is not acceptable .

Then to deal with the U.S. a social security who insisted on giving Ted  $50 a month even though he never worked in the US, did not have a social security number  and was married to a non US citizen.  Don't even go there! 

I am weary of it all.

Gert

The DMR is easy to deal with Gert. If it's getting to much, take a break. You don't have to do it all now, even if you feel you need to. It will always still be there and as much as you want to wrap things up, one thing at a time - one day at a time.

Offline troupie

• View Profile
« Reply #17602 on: April 20, 2015, 10:23:22 am »
Did some googling to find a good way to store the dies for my Bigshop machine; came up with old CD and DVD cases with a strip of magnetic tape. Simple and effective.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #17603 on: April 20, 2015, 12:02:12 pm »
On holiday with the kids in WA staying with my parents in Harvey.  Thanks to some posts on this forum a few weeks ago, we took the kids to see Gnomesville.  That place is amazing!   I cannot believe how many gnomes have made their homes in the forest there  ;)  It is a really pretty place too.  So thank you to those people who mentioned gnomesville - we never would have gone there otherwise!

You are very close to my turf Karen, glad you enjoyed Gnomeville.  DH and I went to Bunbury and Busselton today to clear up a few building queries only to return with more questions than answers.  Some good news though, earth works commenced today.  The fun begins.
Denise

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17604 on: April 20, 2015, 12:04:30 pm »
Things are on the way Denise.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17605 on: April 20, 2015, 12:48:42 pm »
I've been grocery shopping this morning.I met a lovely lady  ( we were both reaching for the same bag of flour) who is a keen baker.Apparently she never weighs any of her ingredients.She was trying to talk me through a recipe to make Date and Treacle Scones which is her specialty.I so wish now I had invited her around we could have cooked together.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17606 on: April 20, 2015, 01:53:54 pm »
Look out for her next time you're shopping Denise.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #17607 on: April 20, 2015, 01:59:53 pm »
Spent a half hour on the phone to Energy Australia about an over paid electricity bill. Thought it would have taken a lot longer and been more painful but it was cleared up quite quickly and they were very helpful.  :D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17608 on: April 20, 2015, 03:13:10 pm »
Look out for her next time you're shopping Denise.
I will Judy. ;)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #17609 on: April 21, 2015, 01:26:25 am »
With buying the new car I have been up to the bank a couple of times lately for deposits etc, mainly shifting money into different accounts. ( don't do internet banking). Last week I had an extremely idiotic teller who I think managed to muck everything up without seeming to try. Yesterday I went to get the cheque for the balance owing and had a lovely young lady. It was all done with a minimum of fuss and effort. Almost a pleasure. ( I don't like taking money out, I would much prefer to put it in  ;D :D)
In future if it is my turn and this idiot calls me I think I will need to take an urgent phone call.