Author Topic: Shelf Life for Tomato ketchup  (Read 4493 times)

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
Shelf Life for Tomato ketchup
« on: April 13, 2012, 03:36:03 pm »
I made the Tomato kethup from EDC a while back. Does anybody know how long a shelf life it has? I have kept it in the fridge. It is at least a month old and still tastes fine but DW was concerned if it is still ok to use. 

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
Re: Shelf Life for Tomato ketchup
« Reply #1 on: April 13, 2012, 04:00:14 pm »
If I was looking at a home made product I would seriously look at what the mould outcome was after making it, and if there is  a recommended use by date (tenina gives a little indication in her "basic cupboard stock/flavour enhancing" recipes), judge from your own personal experience with "BEST BY / USE BY" recommendations, if the product has been kept in the fridge or frozen. Shelf life woud depend upon the amount of preservative used eg. salt. Call up HO and ask them this question as they publish this recipe, and report back as its valuable information for thermomixers.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
Re: Shelf Life for Tomato ketchup
« Reply #2 on: April 13, 2012, 11:14:21 pm »
I make the MWOC tomato ketchup and the recipe says it keeps fresh in the fridge for 3 months, it never lasts that long though as it is delicious  ;D
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com