Author Topic: Kneading Issues  (Read 9302 times)

Offline mi

• View Profile
Re: Kneading Issues
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2014, 11:46:48 am »
Thanks everyone for your replies!

This is the recipe I was using:
http://www.tastebook.com/recipes/1497996-Pasta-Dough-in-Thermomix?full_recipe=true

I will also try Cookie's No Fuss Rolls - I hope I wont get that wrong!!  :P

Will let you all know how I go... probably wont be able to make them until the weekend tho...

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 08, 2014, 12:19:38 pm »
Definitely need a touch more water  ;) the dough should not be in little balls or crumbs, mine generally gets the bulk of it into one ball. Practice is what is the key you will get to know the dough so don't give up and keep asking questions  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Bonsai

« Reply #17 on: January 08, 2014, 12:39:50 pm »
Ooohhhh, pasta dough is different!  We were all thinking you meant bread dough 😊 My pasta dough is often like that and you just pour it out on to a silicone mat or work surface and knead it together to form a dough ball. More water will make it too wet to roll through a pasta machine or by hand. I think your recipe is probably ok and dough can sometimes form a mass of small 'marbles' that come together easily by hand.

Bread dough, however, should come together as a single mass.

Bonsai

« Reply #18 on: January 08, 2014, 12:40:43 pm »
I presume you want to make pasta not bread with the recipe you mentioned!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 08, 2014, 02:07:59 pm »
Actually I made pasta not that long ago and the same thing happened to me. Looked wrong. I fiddled with it a bit and could not get it right so I binned it. Next day I made some more and it worked out - what recipe did I end up using - can't remember.  Uni is probably the best one to answer this but she may not be on here for a while. I seem to remember her saying she uses plain flour but I think an OO flour is probably the best as it is a low gluten flour and the eggs provide that degree of firmness required as well as holding the pasta together. C*les stocks OO flour - don't know about WW but I'm sure it would.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 08, 2014, 02:43:37 pm »
I have only ever made pasta dough once and that's exactly how mine was mi.  Yes we all thought you were making bread dough, so glad we sorted that one out.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 08, 2014, 08:29:06 pm »
Laughed out loud. How wrong we were to assume it was bread. That is what pasta dough does in the Thermomix . ;D ;D

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 08, 2014, 08:55:01 pm »
I make pasta dough regularly, yes mine is like that too.

Bread dough, we were all fooled :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 08, 2014, 09:51:37 pm »
Our pasta dough in the TMX is the same, we just tip onto the bench and knead for a minute and it comes together.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2014, 10:56:45 pm »
Hi Mi,  plenty of help here but I will add my bit also .  Def need more water if it is bread dough.  Even with the No Fuss you may need a little more water,  depending on the flour.  Wholemeal always needs more water.  The softer the dough ,  the better the rise in the finished loaf.

Offline mi

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 09, 2014, 02:36:29 pm »
I am so sorry everyone!! I should've of been clearer in my question!! However.... I really appreciate everyones prompt assistance and will certainly be reading through this forum more!! (so much help and tips here!!)

and thanks for the no fuss no fail bread roll recipe!! am looking forward to it this weekend!!

Super thanks!!  ;D