Author Topic: Beef Enchiladas  (Read 105132 times)

Offline Caroline J

• View Profile
Re: Beef Enchiladas - With photo
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2009, 05:33:19 am »
In my meal plan to try next week- YUM!

Offline Thermie007

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 21, 2009, 12:12:47 am »
Hubby made this last night in Thermie with a tiny bit of help from me(instruction wise guidence).He put a little too much of the sauce into the meat mixture,so there wasnt enough for the top.He also didnt add a full chilli cos the one we had was hot & Im a bit of a coward when it comes to hot chilli,wished he had popped it all in now cos the enchiladas werent hot enough but we loved this slavered with sour cream.

Julie0,"I want some more,please" hehe..main meal recipes that is.. :)

Going to make me own tortilla's next time too.
Just a little pic here of how our dinner looked below.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 21, 2009, 02:42:50 am »
Thermie, great photo, they do look very nice.    And well done to your husband, he has done so well.  ;D

Please try and make your own tortillas one day when you can, I'm sure that's why we enjoyed this as much as we did, they were much nicer than the store bought ones for sure and they freeze well too,(with baking paper in-between) so you can just pull out as many as needed.  They are on my list to make simply to freeze for the times when needed.

Thanks for posting, it's always good to hear back.  :D

Offline Thermie007

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 22, 2009, 04:29:52 pm »
And well done to your husband, he has done so well.  ;D

Well,he is going to have plenty more cooking sessions as he is seriously thinking of taking up training to become a consultant and I may just join him as well in it.Mr & Mrs Bond will become a double act! ;)
Yep,am definetly making my own tortilla's next time.
No worries,JulieO,thanks for a lovely meal :).

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2009, 12:12:47 pm »
I made these last night for dinner and we loved them.  Thanks for the wonderful recipe Julie.

I made my own tortillas using the recipe from Quirky Jo's blog and they were lovely. When I did my monthly shopping at the supermarket I picked up a packet of tortillas to check the ingredients and counted 9 preservatives/additives listed. Now I know that they are so easy and cheap to make (and tasty) I won't be buying them again.  :)

Offline MollyGrubbles

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2009, 01:20:08 pm »
YUMMO - Definitely on my 'to do' list.

I love enchilada's but I am put off the store bought ones by how many additives are in them.  Not to mention they kind of taste processed if that makes sense.  I have never tried making my own, but can't wait to give this recipe a go. 

Thanks to JulieO, but also thanks to everyone who has been posting about it because otherwise I might have clean missed it.  I am really not sure how I didn't notice it there for so long.
Molly
Mum to 2
Wife to DH
----------------------------------------------
Every artist was first an amateur - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Offline jworth

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2009, 04:30:39 am »
 My hubby cooked this dish for us the other night and even made the tortilla's it was sooo yummy, hubby is starting to think the the TM is his! My older daughter has requested that Dad  makes more tortilla's  for her lunch. What an awesome recipe!! :) ;D

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2009, 04:51:50 am »
Good to hear you all liked it.  I think it's great that your DH is interested enough to use it!  :D

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 23, 2010, 12:04:09 am »
Made these a few nights ago, and almost forgot to review.

These were fantastic.  The flavours were really fresh and delicious.  At first glance, the recipe looks a little overwhelming, but it's actually very straight forward.  I guess it's the list of ingredients.  But I had everything in the cupboard.  Used half the chilli and didn't put in the chilli powder and was perfect for the kids (and me).

I even made my own tortillas.  That was a little fiddly, and looked a little dodgy compared to bought.  But once they were rolled up and baked in the oven, no one would know their original strange shape.

Interesting side note - I did buy tortillas, but when I got them home the "best before" date was October 09, 3 months ago.  They looked fine, but didn't dare use them.  What on earth could be in them so they last that long???????

Edited to add - I have a recipe that also puts lots of vegies in the mince - celery, zucchini and carrot.  It was a great recipe, even though it used "bought" everything.  So next time, I'll add the extra vegies to this homemade recipe.
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 12:06:47 am by cathy79 »
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 23, 2010, 12:47:16 am »
Cathy, I'm so glad that you enjoyed them.  I have just bought a tortilla press which arrived yesterday so am hoping to make this meal again next week to try it out.  The home made ones are so much nicer than the store bought ones, but take ages to roll out and I could never get them into a good round shape either.  Hopefully this little gadget will rectify that problem.
Thanks for reporting back, I like the idea of the extra vegies in the sauce too, I do that with cottage pie filling and the flavour is far more superior.   :)

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2010, 08:03:22 am »
Can we have a photo please JulieO of your tortilla press?   Never heard of them let alone seen one  ??? ???
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2010, 09:11:25 am »
Here's the website Judy.  Also have seen similar in action on YouTube, makes it look so much easier than trying to roll them out. Plus not an expensive item.   :)

http://www.montereyfoods.com.au/cart.php?target=product&product_id=16185&category_id=285

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 23, 2010, 11:18:02 am »
What a great little gadget JulieO.  Is that an Australian or American company?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 23, 2010, 11:55:28 am »
I didn't know there was such a thing, but after looking at it I realise that I may have seen it on "The Hairy Bikers" cooking show.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2010, 12:18:27 am »
Judy, the website is Australian and the goods are imported.  :)

I'll post back when I've used it and report if they are any good.  ;D