Author Topic: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)  (Read 4478086 times)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #15945 on: December 14, 2019, 09:49:16 pm »
I have always loved BBQs.  We have a built in one in the backyard and an old one in the front patio.  This one is old and dilapidated.  So yesterday we bought a new Weber Q 2200.  Love it but will take some getting used to as it is recommended that you cook with lid down all the time. I like the very simple construction and good quality parts. I will also be able to again smoke some foods. 

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15946 on: December 14, 2019, 10:15:32 pm »
We've got the Weber Q  or baby Q, (not sure now Chookie), not the smallest of them so maybe not the baby one.  It doesn't get used a lot but works well when we do.

Got my vacuum sealer yesterday after it was delivered to the wrong house!  Spent about an hour with Aust Post on line trying to find it.  They were able to explain what the front porch looked like from a photo the delivery guys take when they leave a parcel at the front door.  I was able to find what I thought was that house from their description but no one was home.  Went back about 30 mins later when there was a car in the drive, they opened the door and asked if I was looking for a parcel!  Total relief as it was not a cheap item to go missing.  Anyway I was so thankful to get it back.  It's never happened to me before and I did feel a little stressed at the thought that I wouldn't get it back but all good now.  :P

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15947 on: December 15, 2019, 01:05:28 am »
Australia Post is hopeless.  You are lucky you tracked your parcel down, JulieO.  We once sent a parcel to a customer and, after a week or so, the customer rang to say it had never arrived, yet, when I rang them, Aust Post argued black and blue it had been delivered to the correct house ... a couple of days later the parcel arrived back at our place!!!  In the interim we had replaced the missing items (over $400 worth) to the customer, free of charge, of course, so I guess we were lucky that we eventually got the original package back!  This happens regularly with Aust Post.  If we ran our business like they do we would be out of business within the month.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15948 on: December 15, 2019, 03:10:47 am »
That's awful Cuilidh but like you say at least you got it back in the end.

I wonder if taking a photo of where a parcel has been left is a new thing now? I'm grateful for this as it was what got mine back.  I'd like to think that the recipient would have brought it over to us as our address was clearly shown, but who knows?  :-))

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
THE SHOPPING THREAD :-)
« Reply #15949 on: December 15, 2019, 04:39:20 am »
There are 3 streets that run off our street and all of them begin with b. The parcel man often gets very confused. We always deliver it to the correct street, hopefully they do too.

DH drilled some extra vents for my new microwave and it is up and going now.  I have to do a lot of learning.

I also need to grow a few more cms as it’s higher than my last one.
« Last Edit: December 15, 2019, 04:41:57 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15950 on: December 15, 2019, 09:54:41 am »
That looks lovely cookie, when I had the new kitchen installed the chap suggested he make the m/w cupboard lower for me and it’s so much easier being at the correct height.

You were indeed lucky that photographs are taken of a delivery drop-off Julie, on-line shopping is great but delivery can be risky as Marina knows all too well. 

I’ve got the second sized Weber Q and haven’t used it for a couple of years now but it used to smoke one thing for me Chookie - sausages.  I’d put them in, close the lid and there was smoke everywhere. 10 minutes later they were ready to eat. I never was sure if I was supposed to close the lid or not but it worked for me!

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15951 on: December 15, 2019, 12:36:45 pm »
Very smart looking  microwave Cookie.
Bought the TMX BBQ book today.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15952 on: December 15, 2019, 07:59:49 pm »
Cookie, it's not often I would say a microwave is lovely looking, but that one is  ;D

I agree Judy, I hope Aust Post are doing that with every left parcel now, was so helpful.

Chookie, I've made the 'Sunflower & sesame seed bread rolls' from that book.  Different to what I've had before in a nice way.  You think they will be like a wholemeal roll but they aren't, much heavier than a normal one as there's no yeast in it and so they don't rise.  However you shape them is how they end up.  I made mostly smaller rolls and a couple of hot dog shaped ones.
We had one with ham, cheese and salad and thoroughly enjoyed it.  Froze the rest and they defrosted and reheated very well.  :)

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15953 on: December 15, 2019, 08:55:39 pm »
Thanks for the review Julie.  I will try them. I was quite impressed with the list at the end of each recipe , of the ingredient substitutions.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #15954 on: December 15, 2019, 09:31:55 pm »
That microwave looks amazing, Cookie, but be careful with it so high.  Like Judy, when I got our renovation done, I made sure that the microwave was at a more suitable height for me than it had been in our old flat.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15955 on: December 15, 2019, 10:29:41 pm »
Thanks for the review Julie.  I will try them. I was quite impressed with the list at the end of each recipe , of the ingredient substitutions.

If you have trouble sourcing the green banana flour for them Chookie, Woolies sell it in their health food aisle.  :)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #15956 on: December 16, 2019, 03:56:09 am »
The rolls look lovely JulieO. I like the look of several things in the BBQ book. I was wondering about the rolls that don’t have yeast in. Thanks for the reviews from Cookidoo JulieO, I appreciate them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #15957 on: December 16, 2019, 11:25:29 am »

If you have trouble sourcing the green banana flour for them Chookie, Woolies sell it in their health food aisle.  :)
Thanks Julie.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #15958 on: December 17, 2019, 12:22:58 am »
Those rolls look nice JulieO.

The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #15959 on: December 17, 2019, 09:56:15 pm »
Thanks Mab.  :)