Author Topic: WA Retreat Weekend  (Read 469481 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: WA Retreat Weekend
« Reply #1395 on: August 06, 2012, 02:16:22 pm »
Wow, you will look stunning. A dress and accessories. I will look pretty tame but I think I have it all put together now.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #1396 on: August 06, 2012, 03:25:09 pm »
Had a BAC tonight, and it certainly is very easy and ever so tasty. I give it my thumbs up. Might have to cook some chickens at another house tho cos they could take up a bit of room if all in the one bbq. What do you reckon Gretch - you are the expert? Would 8 chickens be enough for 29 people? I must say my poor little chicken looked mighty uncomfortable on top of the beer can. 2 hungry men, 1 gorgeous woman and nothing left to show for a 1.4kg chook.

(photo coming later)
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1397 on: August 06, 2012, 10:45:27 pm »
Had a BAC tonight, and it certainly is very easy and ever so tasty. I give it my thumbs up. Might have to cook some chickens at another house tho cos they could take up a bit of room if all in the one bbq. What do you reckon Gretch - you are the expert? Would 8 chickens be enough for 29 people? I must say my poor little chicken looked mighty uncomfortable on top of the beer can. 2 hungry men, 1 gorgeous woman and nothing left to show for a 1.4kg chook.

(photo coming later)

Yeah I think so. We will have had a nice lunch and no doubt we will buy some goodies like cheese and olives . It we had 4 disposable roasting pans, 8  empty cans, say two to three cans of beer,  a small jar say of mixed herbs to pop some into the cans and  8 LARGE chooks  we could feed the 29 of us for around   $100 . 4 houses could each cook 2 in the oven or in a  covered BBQ.  Cool them slightly, break them up into slices and pieces and bring along .  I like the bones and the backs  and I think  there may be one other like me! Oh boy 8 parsons nose .  Yum. too easy and not a lot of cleaning up .

Glad yours was a success.  I cannot be bothered cooking a whole chicken any other way theses days.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1398 on: August 06, 2012, 10:46:25 pm »
I'm excited- I went op shopping today and have bought just the thing for the dress up day. Now I just need to accessorise;)

Can you give us a wee clue? A teaser?

Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #1399 on: August 06, 2012, 11:33:18 pm »
I don't want to spoil the surprise, but let me just say that I will feel pretty silly if no one else dresses up.
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #1400 on: August 06, 2012, 11:50:02 pm »
This just keeps getting more exciting :D Gert, thank you so much for suggesting we cook some BAC :)

Don't worry ES, you won't be the only one dressing up ;) I can't wait to see what you've got!!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1401 on: August 07, 2012, 12:08:20 am »
It looks as if BAC is going to be a goer for the retreaters - you've got my vote for it.  A bit of tossed salad to go with it and it sounds like a winner to me.

Lucky you ES, I didn't have too much jump out at me at the 5 op shops I went to so had to just settle for anything in the end. Be in touch soon regarding meeting time at the airport.  Hope they sort out the problem they had yesterday with the opening of the new car park and changing of the drop off point.  I intend trying to get there an hour before to make sure of my seat - if I missed this flight I would be a shattered woman :'(
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #1402 on: August 07, 2012, 12:17:28 am »
BAC sounds good to me.  Will help if necessary,  having had a go at the Duck version. 

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #1403 on: August 07, 2012, 12:20:27 am »
BAC sounds good to me too!
I have been to quite a number of op shops too, and couldn't find anything that took my fancy until yesterday. My GF thinks that I was grossly overcharged at $5 LOL :D :D ;)
I saw the news about the airport too and sure hope it gets sorted out soon. I'm not sure if I will have to go into work on Thursday morning before the flight just yet. i will try my best to get everything done between now and then, but I'm planning on getting to the airport in plenty of time too as I definitely do not want to miss that flight!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1404 on: August 07, 2012, 12:20:43 am »
It looks as if BAC is going to be a goer for the retreaters - you've got my vote for it.  A bit of tossed salad to go with it and it sounds like a winner to me.

Lucky you ES, I didn't have too much jump out at me at the 5 op shops I went to so had to just settle for anything in the end. Be in touch soon regarding meeting time at the airport.  Hope they sort out the problem they had yesterday with the opening of the new car park and changing of the drop off point.  I intend trying to get there an hour before to make sure of my seat - if I missed this flight I would be a shattered woman :'(

I have a really tight  connection in Brisbane but there is a later flight. I just don't want to lose my  J class seat.  I have to get up at 0400 to make the first flight down to BNE. I may fall  asleep by dinner time in Perth.

Gert

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1405 on: August 07, 2012, 12:25:15 am »
You are going from one end of the country to the other Gretchen and have been looking forward to this for so long that I'm sure you will stay awake. Have a nap on the plane if possible.  I imagine us all being very tired at the end of the retreat but hope we have the energy to go, go, go during it.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1406 on: August 07, 2012, 01:02:31 am »
You are going from one end of the country to the other Gretchen and have been looking forward to this for so long that I'm sure you will stay awake. Have a nap on the plane if possible.  I imagine us all being very tired at the end of the retreat but hope we have the energy to go, go, go during it.

You think I am gunna nap  on a daylight flight across the country!!!!!! Dream on. I love flying and did not spend the money to miss the experience.  Anyway I che ked the flights from Brisbane and there are still eats available on the later flight so I won't worry about the connection. Hopefully it will be in the same finger.

Are you flying on QF   Judy?

Gert

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1407 on: August 07, 2012, 01:26:42 am »
I don't blame you Gert, there is too much to see on a day flight.
BAC sounds good to me with a bit of salad. IF and it is an IF I have time on the Thursday I'll make some Agrarian Bread from Chookie but I have a busy day so don't count on it.

Perth has had a few fogged out morning lately, so hopefully your flights will be all ok. I'll need flight details from those that I'm picking up too. I can't wait.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #1408 on: August 07, 2012, 01:40:27 am »
No I'm going Virgin Gretchen.  Funny how we have foggy mornings in August only, here anyway.  Mine is an afternoon flight so hopefully no hold ups but the chaos at the Adelaide airport yesterday with traffic changes was a bit of a worry.  Hopefully they will have it all sorted before the 23rd.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #1409 on: August 07, 2012, 02:00:09 am »
I never really worry about travel arrangements. So long as I have something  to read or a place to people watch I am happy. Whatever happens happens. Since I always have my belongings at my feet I am happy to not care about the flights.  Airlines do not go out of their way to make life miserable.

Cookie 1 don't put pressure on yourself. Doesn't matter.  You Perth people are doing enough for us travellers anyway.

I am sure we will all have a story or two to tell. I have one about a member of this forum that is a hoot and I don't mind telling. It is amazing what some people will put on the Internet.

Gert