Author Topic: Interesting saving  (Read 4648 times)

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Interesting saving
« on: February 09, 2011, 11:37:28 am »
Just had this quarters (so from Nov) gas and electricity bill in and my gas bill is 1/2 the price of last year. All we have as mains gas is the hob (cooktop/stovetop) and the ducted heating. So being the summer bill it's just the cooking and I rarely use it anymore - just eggs really and dh uses it sometimes. So that's an extra saving of $50 a quarter. The electricity side of the bill showed no increase (a slight decrease but don't think that would be down to the the tmx as do use the oven a bit more due to bread making and obviously the tmx use) but still no increase in electricity used.

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Interesting saving
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, 11:02:13 pm »
NICE!  :o

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 10, 2011, 12:01:44 am »
Don't you just love it when you open one of those bills and it hasn't gone through the roof.  Some people, according to recent current affair programs, are getting the shock of their life when they open theirs. My electricity bill was $60 cheaper than the same time last year which is unheard of with price rises all the time.  We have a gas hot water service but removed the gas fire 5 years ago as we had reverse a/c so that bill is cheaper in winter but I've noticed no difference in summer even though I hardly ever use the gas stove top these days. I'm happy with my bills, comparing them to others we know, they are pretty good.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 10, 2011, 01:28:32 am »
What a wonderful surprise. Our electricity and gas have both gone through the roof (compared to what they were before). They are not expensive compared to other people's bills as we've always been fairly careful, but electricity has risen something like 40% or so in the last 12 months. We're thinking of putting solar electricity panels on the roof. Does anyone have them?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline thermie crew

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 10, 2011, 06:55:15 am »
We got paid $125 last quater for electricity! And all thanks to our lovely solar panels. We're moving in 4 weeks and I'll miss them dearly-back to big bills perhaps  :o

Good to see some thermomix savings that go beyond the checkout ;D
Clare from Adelaide, mum of 3 littlies :)

Offline KarenH

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 11, 2011, 04:35:24 am »
Cookie, we got solar panels installed last winter, and since then we have made a "profit" on all of our electricity bills - but we have not had a very hot summer yet and the aircon has hardly been on.  Having said that, so far we are over $300 in credit on our bills, and each quarter used to be $400-$600 ....... so the solar panels have made a huge difference.  Having said that, they were about $6500 to buy and install, so it will take a while to earn that saving back again.
Karen in Adelaide

Offline thermoheaven

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 08:43:58 am »
I haven't compared my bills since getting the tm, but I know i save on trips to the supermarket for things like bread and sorbet and icecreams because i haven't had to fill my car up with petrol as much.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 13, 2011, 01:50:21 am »
Thanks KJH. What kilowatts in size did you purchase? We're looking at either 1.5kw or 2.3kw.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline NICKY 74

• View Profile
savings
« Reply #8 on: February 13, 2011, 02:43:07 pm »
hi everyone. we installed panels on 14th dec, just got first bill which included 2 weeks prior to panels, it was $20. very happy  ;D
our local installer was fantastic, we got the 1.5kw with the 3kw inverter, so that we can add more panels to it in the future, total out of pocket was $4000. he did all the paperwork to get the government rebate back, so we didnt even have to pay all up front and claim it back.
our street is known as solar street, as 4 out of 5 houses have solar panels. we are working on number 5!!!!!!
the answer is chocolate, who cares what the question is!