Author Topic: TM5  (Read 273778 times)

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: TM5
« Reply #435 on: October 29, 2014, 09:07:02 pm »
I agree Denise,some of the photos are poor.
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: October 29, 2014, 11:37:23 pm »
I agree with your DH  CC.  All the photos from the Thermomix are lacking in styling for sure. Not a patch on Tenina's.

The simmering will be a bonus when cooking things for a long time and it will help with the splattering.

Has anyone removed the two grills to clean?  I am wondering if the one on the bottom needs to be replaced ever or can it be washed?

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 30, 2014, 02:18:57 am »
CC have heard others describe the shape the same as your DH  :D ;D

Ladies, will be very interested to hear what you think of the new one in comparison to the TM31.  Looking forward to your reviews.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 30, 2014, 03:20:15 am »
Just some feedback on the Basic Cookbook photograps in the "Desserts and Sweets" section. I don't feel tempted to try the lamingtons as I grew up with cube shaped lamingtons, those ones look like they failed to rise. The chocolate fondant cake is probably meant to look like this, but to me it looks undercooked and a gooey mess. Too easy chocolate cake looks like it was put in a tin that's too large and didn't rise, resembles a slice. Apple Tart looks a bit dry, some presence of cream somewhere would make it look more appetising. We eat with our eyes, and I don't find these photos enticing. Just saying  :D

I agree. There would be thousands of these books printed so its not just a small operation, they need to start thinking like a multi-national business instead of backyarders. Some pizazz wouldn't go astray, it looks like something from the 60's.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 30, 2014, 04:05:25 am »
Just some feedback on the Basic Cookbook photograps in the "Desserts and Sweets" section. I don't feel tempted to try the lamingtons as I grew up with cube shaped lamingtons, those ones look like they failed to rise. The chocolate fondant cake is probably meant to look like this, but to me it looks undercooked and a gooey mess. Too easy chocolate cake looks like it was put in a tin that's too large and didn't rise, resembles a slice. Apple Tart looks a bit dry, some presence of cream somewhere would make it look more appetising. We eat with our eyes, and I don't find these photos enticing. Just saying  :D

I agree. There would be thousands of these books printed so its not just a small operation, they need to start thinking like a multi-national business instead of backyarders. Some pizazz wouldn't go astray, it looks like something from the 60's.

Couldn't agree more  it is their usual dogs dinner with too many people  in many countries trying to pull it together. Some of the photographs are professionally done but not all are styled. Very inconsistent and some insipid.  They should take a lesson from some excellent cookbooks out there .

At least the paper doesn't stink like that crappy Devils cookbook.  I could not even touch  thing.
Gert
« Last Edit: October 30, 2014, 04:08:54 am by Gertbysea »

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 30, 2014, 06:08:06 am »
I was just about to say how jealous I was of you all getting your TM5s but my consultant just rang! Now to organise everyone so we can do a group delivery demo. My Aunt and I ordered on the 21st and she received them yesterday while brother ordered on the 22nd and it came today! So it seems they are going order.

I'm so excited!

It's a shame about the photography in the book. I love food photography (I love taking photos myself but not as talented as others out there).

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 30, 2014, 07:06:51 am »
Still waiting, doesn't look like I'll get it for this weekend.

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 30, 2014, 07:14:45 am »
Mine is here but I am too sick to,play and of course there is little fresh food in the house because I have not been shopping.

Gert

Offline SoBlessed

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 30, 2014, 09:31:00 am »
I've succumbed! After seeing a demo, I just had to have one and have just ordered my new TMX5 tonight. I should have it just before Christmas. I still love my old one, but it will get a new home with either my daughter or one of my friends. My daughter's husband says they don't have room, but she's still working on him  ;D  At least I will still get to see my old Thermy :)

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 30, 2014, 09:38:17 am »
Lucky you, definitely so blessed
Denise

Offline LillyPilly

• View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 30, 2014, 03:22:02 pm »
Heard back from TMAU. Brisbane warehouse is up to orders placed on 2 October. Also heard from my consultant and she says mine is 'picked'! So, hopefully end of next week, or beginning of the following.  ;D

I've read the manual I downloaded, but touchscreen directions, without a touchscreen to play with tend to read like a foreign language. Can't wait to get my hands on my new kitchen offsider!
TM5, delivered 05/11/2014 😍

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 30, 2014, 09:34:07 pm »
It seems to be very hit and miss. Mine was paid for September 18th and Thermomix Australia confirmed last Friday it was "in transit" and my consultant has now confirmed the status hasn't changed  :-\ No doubt Thermomix will blame Australia post for the long transit, and they didn't respond to my email regarding the warranty beginning on the day of payment rather than the day of delivery but I'll chase that up once I get the machine.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 30, 2014, 10:03:11 pm »
You have had a very raw deal Wonder, I feel for you.
Denise

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 30, 2014, 10:07:37 pm »
It seems to be very hit and miss. Mine was paid for September 18th and Thermomix Australia confirmed last Friday it was "in transit" and my consultant has now confirmed the status hasn't changed  :-\ No doubt Thermomix will blame Australia post for the long transit, and they didn't respond to my email regarding the warranty beginning on the day of payment rather than the day of delivery but I'll chase that up once I get the machine.
Where a about are you? You ordered before me and mine came 2 days ago (mine was picked on the 22nd - 31 days after I placed my ordered and my consultant received it exactly a week later in Melbourne). I'm sure they have tracking so they have a better idea of how close it is to you now.

stacelee

« Reply #449 on: October 31, 2014, 02:24:26 am »
Are there any rumours about what promotions might be offered once the price goes up tomorrow? I'm playing with the idea of upgrading sometime in the near future (just playing at the moment) and was curious as to what might be offered.  I don't feel like giving them my hard earned money at the moment and waiting a couple of months to get the machine....I'd prefer to have it in my account and wait to see what happens next.

Thanks
Stacey