Author Topic: Elisabeth's Mayonnaise – no butterfly  (Read 85368 times)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: Elisabeth's Mayonnaise – no butterfly
« Reply #15 on: January 22, 2011, 03:50:36 am »
I never add lemon juice or vinegar  ;)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Shiraz49

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 22, 2011, 08:39:04 pm »
I love this recipe. It's the only one I use. Found it when you posted it somewhere else on the forum Meagan.  So easy and tastes great. Greatful thanks to you and Elixabeth.

Offline ahoney

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2011, 03:58:34 am »
I have made this twice now (it went so quick!) 1st time 2 cloves of garlic, a little to garlicky for d.p but i love garlic so put 1/2 a clove in the next time, so easy and yummy, maybe too much as we have used 1 and 1/2 jars in a week :o, maybe I won't make it any more lol! the shop mayonnaise stays in the fridge till wer make baked potatoes.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 31, 2011, 03:41:31 am »
I made 'real' mayonnaise for the first time successfully today using this recipe.  Used 1 clove of garlic and did use the lemon juice,  I had no plain dijon mustard so had to use the seeded version and used Sunflower oil instead of grapeseed but it didn't seem to matter over a potato salad.  What a thrill it is to open the lid and see a perfect mayonnaise below  8) 8)
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 31, 2011, 02:55:46 pm »
Yay  ;D so glad everyone is having success with this one :)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline Lovemythermo

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 01, 2011, 02:49:30 am »
How long do you think it would last for Meagan? with only the two of us one batch could potentially last a couple of weeks.

Offline Coops

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2011, 02:38:09 am »
This is the only mayo recipe I will be using from now on, just to to easy. Thanks heaps x

Offline jarac59

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 21, 2011, 07:56:00 am »
Thanks Meagan for passing this recipe on - I've just made it, and after never having much success before, this has to be the easiest, creamiest and tastiest mayo I've ever made!
Thanks again,
Judith

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #23 on: February 21, 2011, 09:22:58 am »
I notice this mayo doesn't have vinegar or lemon juice in it at the beginning of the recipe - I thought this was required to aid emulsification - but maybe not??
The lemon juice or vinegar is the water part of the recipe and needs to be emulsified with the oils. The egg yolk is the emulsifier. By adding it at the end, there's no need to worry about adding oil slowly to make sure emulsification occurs.

Thanks for this recipe, I'll try it tonight.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline ahoney

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: February 21, 2011, 09:37:37 am »
I think this mayo is making me fat! it's so yummy I can't stop eating lol, and so easy to make  ;D

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #25 on: February 21, 2011, 12:52:08 pm »
Delicious! I didn't have any Dijon left, but had some Mild English Mustard. I made double the recipe and used White Balsamic. My DD said it almost tasted like Heinz Salad Cream, but needed a bit of sweetness. I added 4 tsp of Agave Nectar. Superb!!!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline TamG

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 11, 2011, 12:22:39 pm »
This is a great recipe.  I had my first failed mayo today using a different recipe and finally found this one that I have used a few times before.  Perfect, thanks for the recipe.

Offline arluin1

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 06, 2012, 01:38:09 pm »
Heading off to make this one now! Thanks Megan for posting it. The EDC mayo failed for me terribly (just a runny mess) even though everything was room temp etc.

Thanks again. :)

*update

Perfect, absolutely perfect. Thanks again for sharing Elizabeth's recipe, Megan. I now have a perfect batch of mayo, and a perfect batch of tuna dip that my daughter can take to school tomorrow with crackers for lunch (nestled amongst freezer blocks ;))
« Last Edit: February 06, 2012, 02:32:25 pm by arluin1 »

North of the River, Perth, Western Australia

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: March 11, 2012, 01:29:27 am »
I didn't realise I had already made this recipe once before but made it again today using 1/2 tsp Tenina's caramelised garlic paste instead of fresh garlic and only 15g dijon mustard as I am not a huge fan of mustard.  Used it over potato/spring onion/parsley salad - beautiful.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Pepper

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: June 06, 2012, 12:19:58 am »
I had never attempted making my own mayonnaise until last night when I tried this recipe. I opened the lid not knowing quite what to expect and it was amazing, perfect mayonnaise!  ;D
I made it with 1 large clove of garlic and about 15g of mustard and used it on lamb souvlaki's, it made such a difference, so, so much better than store bought. Needless to say no more store bought mayonnaise in this house!

Thank you Meagan & Elisabeth for a perfect recipe.