Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7859736 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38280 on: January 15, 2020, 02:02:11 am »
  Couldn't hold off doing the washing any longer so I have a clothes drier full (hopefully) drying in the lounge.

Same here Cuilidh, I don't have a clothes dryer so mine is all hanging on the old fashioned clothes horses.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38281 on: January 15, 2020, 02:09:49 am »
A frustrating day here.  Internet wouldn't work, no house phone, the power went off and then I sent a text message to DIL and managed to send it to 5 other people as well. I have finally managed to get it all sorted.   I think I might hide for the rest of the day.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38282 on: January 15, 2020, 06:41:07 am »
Mab I know the feeling.  The Forum is playing up for me.  I have to log in every time I look. Yesterday I spent a 1/2 hour sending a member a personal message, only to be told that it didn’t go.  Not happy.  Could be my iPad but nothing else is amiss.
We have had a small thunder storm.  Very humid now. Still a bit of smoke around.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38283 on: January 15, 2020, 07:42:23 am »
Yes Mab, my washing is on a clothes horse - although I concede that a clothes drier would be great, I resent buying one when you really only need it for a couple of weeks a year.

Bucketing with rain here at the moment ... our new water tank has flooded the cellar again, DH is currently drafting a very strong note to our builders to get something sorted out.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38284 on: January 15, 2020, 07:20:16 pm »
We had Storm Brendan batter us yesterday afternoon and all night. All calm this morning and the sun came out this afternoon,
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38285 on: January 15, 2020, 08:11:02 pm »
Glad the storm has passed over - could be a bit rocky in a caravan!  Is that the same storm that hit the Outer Hebrides?  My cousins have been talking about it for the past day or so.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #38286 on: January 15, 2020, 11:21:23 pm »
Good morning everyone.  Raining here at the moment.  We had a huge storm last night, lots of crashing thunder that made the house shake a couple of times.  Plenty of lightning as well.
CC, hope you are not getting washed out on your building site.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38287 on: January 16, 2020, 01:12:19 am »
I hope your van didn’t leak Denise!  It can be pretty hairy inside a van during a storm, how did Chance cope with it?

Good luck to all who have received that beautiful rain yesterday, I hope you didn't get too much to cause problems though. Poor old South Australia missed out completely.  At least it's cooler this week.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38288 on: January 16, 2020, 05:07:33 am »
I  know what you mean about the sound of rain in a caravan Denise. It can be over powering.

It's lovely to hear about rain around. Up north has had a fair bit thanks to cyclone Blake. I see Melbourne is rather wet today.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38289 on: January 16, 2020, 05:54:38 am »
Mab I know the feeling.  The Forum is playing up for me.  I have to log in every time I look. Yesterday I spent a 1/2 hour sending a member a personal message, only to be told that it didn’t go.  Not happy.  Could be my iPad but nothing else is amiss.
We have had a small thunder storm.  Very humid now. Still a bit of smoke around.

Reboot your iPad. If that does not fix it the forum website is playing up.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38290 on: January 17, 2020, 11:23:54 am »
Thanks Gert. Will try.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38291 on: January 17, 2020, 11:32:09 am »
Gert, still  doing it.  We are going out to Chadstone on Monday.  Will go to the Apple store.  We have 3 nights in the new hotel. Maybe I need a new iPad.  ;D

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #38292 on: January 17, 2020, 11:50:18 am »
We missed out on the rain with that last storm infact no storm either. Rather cold this morning at the beach but quiet warm in Melbourne. Hoping tomorrow will be a pleasant day . Chookie I too have been having iPad problems, cannot send emails when at  Mum’s, I have to tak3 the iPad for drive , reboot it as Gert says ! It works then .
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 11:52:47 am by K Atie »

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38293 on: January 18, 2020, 03:03:02 am »
We are having slightly cooler weather for a few days. It was very humid yesterday after the 0.2mm of rain. I think today is only going to be around 31.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38294 on: January 18, 2020, 05:15:12 am »
Have been picking Peaches.  They are White and very delicate but have a beautiful perfume.  We are eating lots fresh straight off the tree and I am making Jam.  The TMX only makes 3 or 4 jars at a time.  This is ok as I can do lots of other jobs while it is cooking. I have added Raspberries to 2 batches. 
I will post the recipe as 1 kilo will make 3/4 jars.  I saw Woolworths had white peaches for $3 today. All up ingredients should work out at a little more than $1 a jar.