Author Topic: Beef alla Pizzaiola (with photo)  (Read 2799 times)

Offline farfallina

• View Profile
    • Thermomix Tarif Defterim
Beef alla Pizzaiola (with photo)
« on: May 21, 2012, 09:05:12 am »

Having seen the picture, many might wonder why the today's recipe lays on a pan so let me clear that up.
In fact there is a similar recipe in the Italian official Thermomix cookbook aka. Io e il mio Bimby but I enjoy this recipe more if cooked in a pan.
I prepared the sauce of course in our precious Thermomix so that she wouldn't get offended anyhow ;)

Ingredients:

500g beef, thinly sliced
2 tbsps of extra virgin olive oil
Flour
3-4 cloves of garlic

Sauce:
400g can cherry tomatoes
20g extra virgin olive oil
A handful of basil leaves (approx 15g)
Salt, freshly ground black pepper
A pinch of sugar

Preparation:
    Tell your butcher to cut your beef into very thin slices.

Trim excess fat from the steaks and notch the edges slightly with a sharp knife to keep steaks from curling while cooking.
    Wipe them with paper towel. Flour them and then beat the excess flour off.

For sauce, place tomatoes and oil in TM Bowl. Cook for 10 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 2.
    Add salt, pepper, sugar and basil leaves. Mix for 15 seconds on Speed 6-7. Clean down the sides of TM Bowl with spatula and continue to cook for another 5 minutes at 100ºC on Speed 2.

While cooking the sauce, start frying meat. Put 2 tbsps of oil and cloves of garlic in a non-stick pan. Fry gently until the cloves are browned a bit.
    Move cloves toward the edge of the pan, start frying meat. (Don't throw all the slices in the pan at the same time. Place as many as fits in the pan, fry them, transfer them into a plate and continue to cook the rest)

When the sauce is ready and all the steaks are cooked, put all back in the pan and cook for 5 minutes on low heat.
    Serve into the plates

Enjoy...

Photos: http://thermomixtarifdefterim.blogspot.it/2012/05/beef-alla-pizzaiola.html

Tips/Hints: It would be nice to have some mashed potatoes and salad as side dish