Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6134035 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14235 on: May 03, 2014, 06:20:31 am »
We went out to DSs place to get wood for the fire this morning.  The two men did the chain sawing and I did the wood splitter and then we all loaded it.  Enough wood for two households and we managed to get it all done before the rain came.  I'm feeling a bit on the tired side now :D :D
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

mcmich

« Reply #14236 on: May 03, 2014, 07:25:00 am »
Wow, Mab, wood splitting is hard work. I bet you're tired.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #14237 on: May 03, 2014, 09:34:42 am »
Wow, Mab, wood splitting is hard work. I bet you're tired.

It's a motor driven wood splitter mcmich.  I just had to put the logs on, pull the lever to split the wood and then throw the pieces of wood onto the heap.  A bit of a work out for the arms tho. :D
It was worth it tho as it's nice and cosy in our house tonight and we have enough wood to last us several weeks.

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #14238 on: May 03, 2014, 10:47:15 am »
Gosh Mab that is still hard work,no wonder you are tired.  Have a rest tomorrow ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14239 on: May 03, 2014, 11:18:32 am »
Sounds good mab, i can't wait to light the fire soon :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14240 on: May 03, 2014, 11:21:48 am »
I had a wood fire in Sydney and loved it. But it is hard work stacking and maintaining the thing. My doggie used to love sitting and watching the fire as we did.

I am now in bed reading with the air con on. I should never have put the cotton blanket on my bed when I was frightened by seeing it was down to a chilling 22 degrees one night. Crazy as it is now .24.4 in the room. Might turn it off, open the doors as usual and listen to the curlews cry all night. Trying to finish Empress Dowager Cixi by Jung Chang. Have had a few interruptions in the reading of.

Bad sentence I know cookie but you get the meaning better.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14241 on: May 03, 2014, 12:12:11 pm »
Robyn do you ever need a fire on up there? When we were in Broome it could get quite cold in the morning but soon warmed up.

I get the meaning Gert, no worries.  ;D
Mab what a super effort, well done.
MF I really want to sit down and have a good read. I just seem to have been busy.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #14242 on: May 03, 2014, 02:58:09 pm »
Lovely to hear from you DJ, so close.
Astarra take it easy.
Had a lovely long walk to a cafe for breaky and at long last watched Philamena.  I have wanted to watch it for so long and really enjoyed it.
We have a very frustrating intermittent problem with our reverse cycle air con. Worked last night and was lovely to take the chill away, unfortunately not playing the game today.  Have spent many dollars and been told it is fixed...very frustrating!
Denise

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14243 on: May 03, 2014, 10:44:56 pm »
Cookie, yes we have a fire, it does get cold.
14 here this morning inside...

we have heaps of timber, and the kids pick up pine cones for the kinder-ling from our trees.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14244 on: May 03, 2014, 11:07:11 pm »
Lovely to hear from you DJ, so close.
Astarra take it easy.
Had a lovely long walk to a cafe for breaky and at long last watched Philamena.  I have wanted to watch it for so long and really enjoyed it.
We have a very frustrating intermittent problem with our reverse cycle air con. Worked last night and was lovely to take the chill away, unfortunately not playing the game today.  Have spent many dollars and been told it is fixed...very frustrating!

What manufacturer is your air con Denise?
I loved Philomena too  it was so sad. Have the book on kindle but haven't read it yet.

I think we need to make time to read cookie but recently I just don't seem to have had much free time at all. DS and family  popped in unexpectedly yesterday for breakfast. DIL and GD ended up staying for most of the day as DS had business meetings so that was my relaxing day gone!!! Not that I minded as I loved having them  ;)
« Last Edit: May 04, 2014, 01:51:06 am by judydawn »

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #14245 on: May 04, 2014, 12:26:12 am »
Since its Sunday I though I'd read the on-line "news" with my cuppa and discovered we are not just a cult, but food snobs as well  :o

This article advises "Check your breadcrumbs carefully if buying at the supermarket. Often they have all sorts of nasty artificial additives which taste horrible. We’re not going to turn into food snobs and encourage you to freeze your own bread and grate it."

Is making your own healthy food snobby or is just encouraging people to do so snobby  ??? Bah!!  Sorry mini rant over ;D

I'm off to the kitchen to be a food snob and make my own bread. And I might even grate and freeze some for breadbrumbs  :o :o :o
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14246 on: May 04, 2014, 12:30:42 am »
LOL  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14247 on: May 04, 2014, 02:10:28 am »
Home bread makers always make their own crumbs, why wouldn't we.  I do like panko though if I have to buy them.  Silly man, set  himself up for criticism with this article.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #14248 on: May 04, 2014, 02:12:24 am »
Well, if food snobs avoid additives then I for sure don't mind being one!!   ;D
:D

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #14249 on: May 04, 2014, 02:20:52 am »
We have just delivered the bath we removed from the bathroom when we installed the new shower unit.

I decided to advertise it in the classified ad section of my home page and sold it next day. :D  DH was glad to get it out of the shed.