Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6133985 times)

Offline Emme

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #1995 on: August 18, 2012, 06:47:47 am »

You did very well with the clothes shopping Amy.  Well done!

Dede, you have had a busy and somewhat traumatic day, hope things are a little calmer for you now.

Obbie, enjoy your barbecue and time with your friends, hope the weather is fine.

Marie

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #1996 on: August 18, 2012, 07:37:46 am »
Dede thats not nice.

Well dh digging in manure mix for veggies, knew I would get him back. Out to help soon, but it is taking me sooo long to put marinated chicken pieces on sticks for our family bbq.

Its lovely out in the sun, we came home & had a cuppa & a sandwich sitting out. Strong enough to wear suscreen today if your out for a while.

Sms from my friend, loved trudys impoosible pie & is having chicken tika masrla from the indian book tonight :)

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Delightful Den

• View Profile
« Reply #1997 on: August 18, 2012, 07:51:15 am »
Raked up leaves and cleaned up the back veranda this morning. I will tackle some rose pruning this afternoon.

No exercise for me today. Still have a head cold.

mcmich

« Reply #1998 on: August 18, 2012, 07:58:39 am »
Another day at work. Was bumped to the paediatric ward today. It certainly went fast.
I admire the nurses who work there full time.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1999 on: August 18, 2012, 08:32:58 am »
Another day at work. Was bumped to the paediatric ward today. It certainly went fast.
I admire the nurses who work there full time.

My worst nightmare . I only got called to that ward when they had  a difficult or exceptionally stupid  mother. They called me the MEAN SISTER . One such mother was an airhead who had taken her three week old baby sun baking on the beach . It had third degree burns. MEAN  SISTER had to debride those burns . Usually  they sent the mother for coffee but I used to make her hold the baby. It was horrendous but the wounds were kept clean and the airhead might have learned a lesson. 17 year old bimbos should not be having babies.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #2000 on: August 18, 2012, 08:36:01 am »
That poor little baby Gert... :'(  That story is so sad.  :'(
:D

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #2001 on: August 18, 2012, 08:53:17 am »
oh my Gert, that sounds terrible, I remember when my DS was little (born in summer)
and i visited some friends, we sat outside under a big tree, but he still got slightly burnt . I felt so bad, and that was only mild.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2002 on: August 18, 2012, 08:54:25 am »
ooh  Gert, we need more of you up here in the heat...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2003 on: August 18, 2012, 09:00:12 am »
That sounds like child abuse to me >:(

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2004 on: August 18, 2012, 09:10:04 am »
That poor little baby Gert... :'(  That story is so sad.  :'(

It  was terrible for me to have to actually rub that three week old baby's arms raw  so that it would minimise the scars while  the mother screamed at me for hurting her baby.  I wanted to shove her head into the bowl of lux flakes until the bubbles came out her nose. Complete barrier nursing and the stupid Bimbo used to dash out for a cigarette  without  following the rules putting her child in worse danger of infection.

Was funny though  because some nurses could not do it so they rang matron and matron called me . When the staff saw me coming they disappeared but they made sure the mother was caught unawares and so she was more or less locked in the room with me and there was no one else to hold her baby but her as it should be.
Gert

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #2005 on: August 18, 2012, 09:14:31 am »
That sounds awful Gert.  You are correct, some people have no right having children.

This morning my DH and I picked up the last few items we are removing from our offsite storage shed and this afternoon we dropped a few things around to Mum's, including a clothes dryer.

My DH plugged in the clothes dryer at Mum's to make sure it was OK and discovered a load of clothes still in the dryer.  Embarrassing enough in itself, but the clothes belonged to my ex (along with a couple of pairs of god knows who's women's undies  ;D).  Mum and DH thought it was hilarious!

Typical of my ex though to not even take his clothes out of the dryer, lazy bugger!
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline gertbysea

• View Profile
« Reply #2006 on: August 18, 2012, 09:16:46 am »
That sounds awful Gert.  You are correct, some people have no right having children.

This morning my DH and I picked up the last few items we are removing from our offsite storage shed and this afternoon we dropped a few things around to Mum's, including a clothes dryer.

My DH plugged in the clothes dryer at Mum's to make sure it was OK and discovered a load of clothes still in the dryer.  Embarrassing enough in itself, but the clothes belonged to my ex (along with a couple of pairs of god knows who's women's undies  ;D).  Mum and DH thought it was hilarious!

Typical of my ex though to not even take his clothes out of the dryer, lazy bugger!

OMG I nearly spit my wine out. That made me laugh out loud . Too funny. Are you going to send them back?  Hilarious . You really should mail them back.

Gert

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #2007 on: August 18, 2012, 09:37:56 am »

My DH plugged in the clothes dryer at Mum's to make sure it was OK and discovered a load of clothes still in the dryer.  Embarrassing enough in itself, but the clothes belonged to my ex (along with a couple of pairs of god knows who's women's undies  ;D).  Mum and DH thought it was hilarious!

ROFL ;D

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2008 on: August 18, 2012, 10:59:35 am »
That sounds awful Gert.  You are correct, some people have no right having children.

My DH plugged in the clothes dryer at Mum's to make sure it was OK and discovered a load of clothes still in the dryer.  Embarrassing enough in itself, but the clothes belonged to my ex (along with a couple of pairs of god knows who's women's undies  ;D).  Mum and DH thought it was hilarious!

:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
« Reply #2009 on: August 18, 2012, 11:02:30 am »

OMG I nearly spit my wine out. That made me laugh out loud . Too funny. Are you going to send them back?  Hilarious . You really should mail them back.

Gert

Lol!  I put them in the bin at Mums.  That's what I should have done though.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child