Author Topic: Recipe Review Spicy Chicken Noodles with Broccolini Quick Fix in the TMX p102  (Read 11220 times)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
In this 40o heat there is no way I want to turn on the oven or stove even, so this was a great dish to have today. There was a perfect blend of spiciness and herbs, and just the right amount of chicken and broccolini. Probably not going to be a meal that young children will like with the chilli, but we loved it.  5/5
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
This is another one on my 'to do list' CP, you and I seem to have the same choices from this book  ;D
I'm sure people like Hally will leave the chilli out for their children and it will still taste great.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We enjoyed this one too but next time I would combine it all in the thermosaver and not the TM bowl as my noodles got a bit mashed up in places.   Only used a piece of seeded chilli for half quantity and would have liked a little more liquid/sauce as I find chicken breasts in this type of meal a little dry - would use thighs next time but that is just a personal preference of mine.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
This is on my list for next week.

Sounds like I will need to leave the chilli out so ds can eat this. He loves chicken, noodles & brocolini :)

Thanks for the tip about the chilli.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
We were going to have a chicken pie for dinner tonight but ran out of time to prepare it. I found this and made it. We really loved it and will be doing it many more times.
5/5 from us.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Made this for dinner tonight and I couldn't believe how quick and easy it was.  I only used one generous handful of coriander leaves and one teaspoon minced chilli (equivalent of one chilli) so that hubby and four year old would eat it.  I used palm sugar and one thing I noticed was that it hadn't quite melted down after the four minutes of sauteing so I found a small lump of it in amongst the noodles at the end.  Apart from this, I highly recommend this dish, we will definitely be making it again in our house!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
I've had that problem before in recipes using palm sugar asha, now I grate it before adding it to alleviate that problem.

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
Thanks for that idea judydawn...I'll try that next time.  We found another lump of palm sugar in the leftovers we had for dinner tonight so grating it first sounds like a much better idea!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
When I was in Bali I did a cooking course, and we had to shave off a bit of palm sugar. It was so different from this hard stuff that we have as it is a lot fresher. So much softer and sugary.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Going back a few years ours was better here too CP, it is just since they started selling it in those individual baton sized pieces that it is as hard as a rock.  I don't like it at all.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
those individual baton sized pieces that it is as hard as a rock.  I don't like it at all.

couldn't agree more, JD - I don't grate mine but just mince it up with a knife (probably the same outcome . . . ;D)  When you look at those little "boxes" of the sugar they're like mini bricks and I just can't see them ever melting down if they were added whole . . .

Hadn't thought about it before but now that CP has mentioned it I'm just wondering if Asian grocery shops might carry different packages - If I remember I'll check out a couple of shops in our area.

Offline Merlin

• View Profile
In the Asian grocery I go to you get the palm sugar in a large block and shave it off that- it's still pretty hard and what annoys me is there is no way of telling how old it is! I can't stand the supermarket mini-brick palm sugar things. When I used one of those to do the dressing for the vietnamese chicken salad from Dinner Spinner I thought my TM blades were going to kark it!!!
"There are two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as if everything is"
Albert Einstein

Offline Katiej

• View Profile
Some Asian supermarkets have a softer variety of palm sugar.  It's in a plastic cylinder type container and you can spoon it out.  It's a lot nicer and easier to use than the hard type that needs grating.  It can be hard to find sometimes though as not all Asian supermarkets seem to have ti.
Katie from Adelaide, SA

A party without cake is really just a meeting - Julia Child

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
That's good to know Katie.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
I like the saying at the bottom of your posts Katie - its very true.