Author Topic: Slow Cooker-Crockpot Yoghurt  (Read 28239 times)

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
Re: Slow Cooker-Crockpot Yoghurt
« Reply #30 on: November 16, 2009, 10:52:03 am »
Thanks Guys!  It snuck up on me actually.  Yesterday when it changed I got quite a shock.  I must say though it isn't very hard to become a hero member of this forum - chatting with such lovely people.  :)
« Last Edit: November 17, 2009, 10:39:05 am by Chelsea (Thermie Groupie) »

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #31 on: November 16, 2009, 11:47:11 pm »
You're OK JD - think you deserve a rest and let other people carry some of the load for a while.
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline A Canadian Foodie

• Valerie: A Canadian Foodie
    • View Profile
    • A Canadian Foodie
« Reply #32 on: November 20, 2009, 04:18:51 am »
I probably should update this thread actually.  I have been making Valerie's TMX yoghurt for a couple of weeks now and love it.  It is perfectly thick and delicious each time and makes a large amount.  My slow cooker has been relegated to the back of the cupboard once again.  ;D

Link to Valerie's yoghurt: http://acanadianfoodie.spaces.live.com/blog/cns!55C0FC976512499!1506.entry

I am so excited to see some of you are reading my blog and using some of my recipes. YEAH! I have the yogurt cheese and the yogurt cheese balls there, too - and actually just put it all on video a couple of weeks ago. I read every new entry in this blog daily. I have learned SO so much!
Thanks. (Happy dance!)
Thermomixing Daily and Loving it, in Canada!
http://www.acanadianfoodie.com
Make it Happen!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: November 20, 2009, 04:38:43 am »
Valerie, thank you so much for your yoghurt recipe.  I'm going to be trying yoghurt cheese soon for christmas and am really looking forward to it.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: November 21, 2009, 11:53:54 am »
I am trying to read Valeries yoghurt recipe but whenever I click onto the link to her blog, my computer seems to freeze up. Any chance of someone putting the actual recipe and method onto our site please.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: November 21, 2009, 12:38:07 pm »
I am trying to read Valeries yoghurt recipe but whenever I click onto the link to her blog, my computer seems to freeze up. Any chance of someone putting the actual recipe and method onto our site please.
Here is the original thread where this has been discussed...
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2176.0

And here is my notes on the "how-to" for easy reference.  Definitely recommend watching the video if you can.
http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2302.0
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

• View Profile
    • A Canadian Foodie
« Reply #36 on: November 21, 2009, 04:02:01 pm »

That's strange that your machine freezes, but I suggest you google "A Canadian Foodie yogurt" and then go to the page from there. That should work well. Let me know!
Make it Happen!

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: November 21, 2009, 10:12:50 pm »
JD - the other trick to watching any video on the internet is to let it fully load before trying to watch it, otherwise the video will stop and start all the time.

Press the play button, then pause it straight away.  Walk away for about 5 minutes and come back.  It should be fully downloaded, and ready to watch from beginning to end without jumping.

This is assuming you can get to the site to start with.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: November 21, 2009, 11:19:22 pm »
Thanks CB79 for the hint on watching videos - that stuttering drives me crazy but that wasn't the problem with Valeries site. It came up but I think it might have been downloading every single thing she has ever put on there and all I wanted was the yoghurt.   I used her information above and went straight to it this morning though (not the video, the written matter which I wrote down by hand as when I went to print it off I got heaps of pages all the same ??? ???).  I then found the video (slideo?) on Helene's website so have now seen it made.  Phew, finally got there.  Now I must google some more uses for yoghurt cheese. One point Valerie, your written recipe on your blog differs slightly to the slideo on Helene's blog (I presume that is you demonstating) - one the milk is cooked for 15 minutes (the other 20) and then the milk is cooled in the fridge (the other is cooled for a lot longer but not in the fridge).  Which direction do you prefer to use please?
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
    • A Canadian Foodie
« Reply #39 on: November 22, 2009, 07:29:22 am »
Thanks CB79 for the hint on watching videos - that stuttering drives me crazy but that wasn't the problem with Valeries site. It came up but I think it might have been downloading every single thing she has ever put on there and all I wanted was the yoghurt.   I used her information above and went straight to it this morning though (not the video, the written matter which I wrote down by hand as when I went to print it off I got heaps of pages all the same ??? ???).  I then found the video (slideo?) on Helene's website so have now seen it made.  Phew, finally got there.  Now I must google some more uses for yoghurt cheese. One point Valerie, your written recipe on your blog differs slightly to the slideo on Helene's blog (I presume that is you demonstating) - one the milk is cooked for 15 minutes (the other 20) and then the milk is cooled in the fridge (the other is cooled for a lot longer but not in the fridge).  Which direction do you prefer to use please?

Hi!
When I first started making yogurt, I wrote the first blog- and it made really good yogurt, but not with the same consistency I am finding with the longer cooking time. You can cool the milk in the fridge, or on the counter. Either is fine. The key is to stay on top of it, set the timer to check the temperature of it at regular intervals as it cannot go below 37 degrees...
I have two blogs on yogurt... so that is why you may have not found my videos - they are on the most recent blog... you would have had to just scroll down a bit once Googling "A Canadian Foodie yogurt" to the second entry... but you found the videos anyway. Yes, that is me speaking my way throught eh video. Helene calls hers "slideos" because she uses photographs (slides) to make her presentions so effectively. Great term, eh?
Can't wait to hear how your yogurt turns out!
Make it Happen!

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2012, 04:42:49 am »
I made my yoghurt this way last night, and it has turned out better than any of my TMX batches :-\

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2012, 05:07:59 am »
I'm joining this bandwagon, too . . . I'm interested in how it compares to the TMX version . . .Thanks for bumping it Amy.

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2012, 05:49:35 am »
No worries GF ;) I was very pleasantly surprised this morning when I poked my spoon into it and got a lump rather than a dribble ;D