Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371623 times)

Offline turando

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #825 on: September 15, 2014, 11:18:19 pm »
I have mine and am very happy with it now. To be honest I was pretty underwhelmed initially as there are certain things I wanted them to do that they didn't but overall it's a good machine. I'm not sure if it is worth the upgrade from the TM31 but at the same time my TM31 feels old now after using the TM5 lol. The functionality is still the same and I'm still doing the same recipes so nothing new in that regard.

I am liking the whole touchscreen/recipe chip / guided recipe features though a lot. Will love to see more recipe chips come out soon though.

The new feet on the machine are great though for more stability when kneading etc.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #826 on: September 15, 2014, 11:42:44 pm »
Oh I do so hope Vorwerk will Sell the TM5 in the US. I miss having a tmx desperately. I think the major obstacle is the measurement issue, ie metric versus imperial. When I first got here (temporarily living in the US after relocating from Australia) I was asking for 200 grams of this or that and shop assistants looked set me blankly.  The non- use of metric is a huge hurdle to overcome. I'm constantly having to convert in my head, mikes to Kms, hrsms to ounce, Fahrenheit yo Celsius etc.
From Perth WA

Offline WG

• View Profile
« Reply #827 on: September 16, 2014, 01:12:51 am »
Hi all,  I’ve been reading this thread for weeks now and it is largely the reason for my delaying purchasing TM31 and waiting to purchase the TM5. 

I’m going to add to the list of unhappy campers out there,  I’ve purchased the TM5,  I was told by the consultant that I would receive it late this week, yesterday I was told that she cannot give me a set date,  it could be next week or the week after.  I called HO asking them when it will be dispatched, and got the same response.  My frustration is that our money was deducted out of our account on the 6th September it’s now the 16th, 10 days they’ve had our money but cannot produce the goods.  Why not deduct the money on the day it’s dispatched?

I went to a “consultant’s presentation”  I decided not to go ahead with consulting,  if I did I would have received the TM5 today because everyone who attends training today will get their machines,  even though they haven’t paid for them as the larger majority will be “working”  them off. 

After reading all the forums over the weeks I have truly lost faith in the way Thermomix Australia do business, even though I know TM is a good machine I’m seriously thinking of cancelling my order which HO said I could do.  If this is my experience prior to even getting the TM5 what will the after service be like. 

For me it’s not about the money it’s the principal.  I really question Thermomix Australia business practice.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #828 on: September 16, 2014, 01:35:22 am »
Hi WG, welcome to the forum.  It is understandable that consultants need to receive their machines before customers.  I'm sure they are working hard behind the scenes to supply as many orders as possible and as far as after service is concerned, you won't hear too many problems about that, there are many happy customers as far as that's concerned. Many people on here are awaiting their delivery so try and be patient, it will be worth the wait.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline zebby

• View Profile
« Reply #829 on: September 16, 2014, 02:00:54 am »
Actually Judy Dawn, I have never found their service to be particularly good. Atm I have a question about noise issues and they are fobbing me off terribly. Getting information is like getting blood out of a stone - if not harder. They have contacted me in the last week with some help b/c I am making such a noise on social media - but I was only able to do that b/c of the whole TM5 debacle. The TM31 is a great machine - but I wouldn't rec. it b/c of the (advertised) customer service anymore - and when that is taken out of the picture there is now a wide range of machines to choose from. In saying that - I am very glad I got my TM as it certainly makes doing stuff in the kitchen a lot easier.

The little feedback there is is also wildly different, some saying it is SO much better ,others saying there's little difference.
I am tending to think that it might be consultants who are saying it is wonderful! Maybe a little jaded but I am going to reserve judgement for a few months. I was actually booked in to see a demo next week but I think I'll miss it - atm the feedback seems to be the sales reps don't know how to use the machine very well and there are issues so I might wait until they have had more practice - that and I just can't see anything that would make me want to upgrade - it can't sear, it's not much bigger, the recipe chip means you are locked into TMX recipes and company (MAJOR offput atm with the awful way they have handled the release) and the yogurt function - while sounds great - apparently the blades still move and apparently it's still as noisy. If the scales were more accurate that would be a selling point but I can't even get the company to confirm that - and I can't be bothered sitting through a 2 hr demo to check that one feature out!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #830 on: September 16, 2014, 02:08:42 am »
Welcome WG. I can understand your feelings.  I waited nearly 3 weeks for my TM31 and am now waiting for my TM5. I know that I am going to get a wonderful machine and it is worth the wait.
Voerwork seem to be excellent in the repair category if you ever need to call on them. The work doesn't seem overly expensive and everyone on the forum has been pleased with the speed it is done.
One of our members who lives in the tropics had a problem with vermin getting in and eating the insides of her TM31. It was shipped across Australia, repaired and returned to her for a very reasonable cost.
I am not sticking up for Voerwork in any way as I detest the way in which the machines are sold. I feel I am just telling the truth.
The decision is yours, I hope you don't have too much trouble deciding. As you say $2K is a lot of money.

By the way I have also paid for my TM5, I didn't expect my consultant to pay the money from her own bank account to buy the machine.

Do let us know what you decide. If you buy a machine we would love to have you as a contributor to the forum.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #831 on: September 16, 2014, 02:33:56 am »
The lead time we've been told now via email is 20 days. Just got an email before. Usual lead time is 10 days (though it can come quicker).

BTW in regards to the tropics vermin was that cockroaches? I was told there was a new cockroach mesh thing inside now to stop cockroaches getting in. :)

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #832 on: September 16, 2014, 02:44:24 am »
I'm waiting for my machine also. Trying not to hassle my consultant for a delivery date as she has placed the order and its totally out of her hands. As I am paying interest on the credit card deduction, I would have preferred to have paid a deposit and then settled a couple of days prior to delivery. I would prefer to deal with a shop and be able to walk in.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #833 on: September 16, 2014, 02:51:08 am »
Yes it was cockroaches. There have been problems in the tropics. I keep an LCD light on mine 24/7 now. It was efficiently repaired as good if not better than new. Others have had the same problem in different countries.

Oh I do so hope Vorwerk will Sell the TM5 in the US. I miss having a tmx desperately. I think the major obstacle is the measurement issue, ie metric versus imperial. When I first got here (temporarily living in the US after relocating from Australia) I was asking for 200 grams of this or that and shop assistants looked set me blankly.  The non- use of metric is a huge hurdle to overcome. I'm constantly having to convert in my head, mikes to Kms, hrsms to ounce, Fahrenheit yo Celsius etc.

This seems an easy fix with chips. Have chip will travel. Clever marketing as well. Preventing customers from doing their own thing with a USB is smart. It also locks out other recipe developers.  They will be cheap as chips, pun intended, to produce and they can sell them for whatever the market will bear.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #834 on: September 16, 2014, 03:20:18 am »
I played with the "newbie" yesterday. Would have liked more time to get right into it, but we ran out of hours in the day!

My opinion...
I liked it, not loved it.
I like that the bowl is a tad bigger, the Varoma is bigger.
Has a good MC with measurements on it.
I do not think it was any quieter.
I didn't like the lag time or delay when the arms unlock the lid.
It is heavier (which for an at home only use wouldn't be a problem, but I'd hate to be a consultant lugging that sucker now!)
Maybe I'm not up with all the technology, but the whole touch screen thing and recipe chip doesn't really float my boat.

I won't be buying a new one as I am very happy with my "oldies".

BUT... if you do not own a TM and you want one, save your pennies and get one as I think you'll love it.

Offline Kitty25

• View Profile
« Reply #835 on: September 16, 2014, 03:45:46 am »
I am part of the group who ended up having a choice between either machine, so I had sent out money a good 20 plus days ago for the TM31! It is fairly frustrating when you just want to enjoy the machine you have paid so much money for.

Offline WG

• View Profile
« Reply #836 on: September 16, 2014, 03:55:56 am »
Hi Gert / cookie thank you for the welcome,  I understand the consultants have to receive their machines in order to do their demos,  however TM Australia should not deduct the money until delivery,  I think it is very presumptuous of them to have done so without  securing a delivery date.  Again I would like to reiterate for me it’s not about the money but the principal of the situation.

I also had the choice between TM31 or TM5 but what I don’t quite get is we were  told TM Australia  have run out of the TM31 so where are they getting these machines from Germany?  or are they 2nd hand machines?

Offline Kitty25

• View Profile
« Reply #837 on: September 16, 2014, 04:06:32 am »
WG that is why I decided to go for the TM5 because if there is absolutely none left, what would we be getting? Not enough info, so I went for the new one.

Offline WG

• View Profile
« Reply #838 on: September 16, 2014, 04:18:15 am »
For every one who is waiting for their TM5  here is a TM5 online manual  you can start reading:

http://www.thermomix.com.au/wp-content/uploads/2014/09/Thermomix-Instruction-Manual.pdf

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #839 on: September 16, 2014, 04:29:07 am »
Thanks WG  :-*
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand