Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371098 times)

Offline Nea79

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #615 on: September 09, 2014, 05:33:58 am »
Hi, I've been considering a thermomix but held off buying one because I saw this forum, so THANK YOU!
I'm now in a position where I can buy the TM31 second hand at a reduced price or buy the TM5 interest free for 12 months. What would you do? Any opinions/comments would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 09, 2014, 05:52:12 am »
Just curious. Is it TMX Aus who followed the method of selling  TM31 without letting customers know about the new model  or has this happened in other countries also?

I think it is the same here, although I don't know anyone who had recently purchased.  The first I officially heard was via a newsletter from thermomix NZ during the weekend. From speaking with my consultant, she only knew at the launch in Auckland in the weekend (although like the rest of us, I'm sure many consultants had their suspicions that something was coming).

The intro price of the new TM5 is LESS than what I paid for my TM31 2 yrs ago (and as far as I know it was still being sold at the same price up until now).
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline arafalov

• View Profile
« Reply #617 on: September 09, 2014, 05:56:33 am »
Just curious. Is it TMX Aus who followed the method of selling  TM31 without letting customers know about the new model  or has this happened in other countries also?

Well, it's even more fun in Canada. They announced the new model, but will not sell it to us for a while. I am waiting to hear if they are going to offer some special deals on the TM31 over the next month(s?). Otherwise, I suspect they will have no sales for that period at all.

On the other hand, at least in Montreal, it seems that Thermomix is only sold through the shops and not through consultants. So, maybe they don't care that much if one particular product does not sell well for a while.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 09, 2014, 06:06:03 am »

Well, it's even more fun in Canada. They announced the new model, but will not sell it to us for a while. I am waiting to hear if they are going to offer some special deals on the TM31 over the next month(s?). Otherwise, I suspect they will have no sales for that period at all.

On the other hand, at least in Montreal, it seems that Thermomix is only sold through the shops and not through consultants. So, maybe they don't care that much if one particular product does not sell well for a while.

Well, at least they were up front about it, Arafalov!!  If they can sell this way in Montreal - and in Hamburg I believe - why can't they sell it that way in Australia?!?  I'm keen to see the new model in action, but certainly won't be able to afford (or justify) the expense of a new tmx for a while yet.  In the meantime, I'm more than happy with my TMX31.

Offline anniebygaslight

• View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 09, 2014, 06:59:27 am »
It has happened in the UK too. I posted earlier in the thread.   I have written a lengthy complaint to Thermomix UK, but haven't had the courtesy of a response.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 09, 2014, 07:05:34 am »
I am jealous Cookie and Dede and Obbie and CP and Mich! 
Xx
Denise

Offline dede

• View Profile
    • Mandi's Picture Framing
« Reply #621 on: September 09, 2014, 07:14:58 am »
Well my order is in and expecting my new toy around 20th, very exciting.
I have stopped reading all the negative comments because I find it depressing.

I do feel for those who have just brought a TM31 without given any hints of a new model coming out.

I feel for all the people trying to sell their TM31s and loosing $$$ so they can buy the new model.

I feel for those who buy an almost new secondhand TM31 and not realise the warranty is no longer valid.

I feel for the consultants who are bearing the brunt of the blame for all these issues.

I love my Thermomix, just a shame HO didn't deal with announcement of the new model a bit better and given consultants the heads up a month ago so they could of given potential buyers an option to wait. I realise this would of effected sales but that's better than what's happening right now.
Mandi, Mum of 5, Live in Tasmania. Work from home picture framing.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 09, 2014, 07:18:18 am »
Well said, Dede :)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 09, 2014, 07:27:24 am »
Hi everyone, thanks for all the comments I've been following this thread with interest and it's great to hear the good and the bad.

I don't think I'm going to worry about upgrading but I would be interested to know from a consultant the all up cost if you purchase on interest free vs purchasing outright during the special price period.

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 09, 2014, 07:36:05 am »
Hi, I've been considering a thermomix but held off buying one because I saw this forum, so THANK YOU!
I'm now in a position where I can buy the TM31 second hand at a reduced price or buy the TM5 interest free for 12 months. What would you do? Any opinions/comments would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

Make sure you read the fine print on the monthly charges Nea and add them up over the 12 months for the interest free deal. It may be cheaper to do the Easy 3 option if it is available.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 09, 2014, 07:43:03 am »
I'm having a demo next Wed and barring an absolute disaster, I will be ordering a new one. Am thinking of how lovely it will be to have two side by side. My friend who is a consultant was worried for me about the 15 day wait at present but since we are going overseas for 28 days I told her that that doesn't phase me at all. As long as it is here when I get back on 19th October I'll be happy.
Kylie

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #626 on: September 09, 2014, 07:49:38 am »
Agree with Dede. The launch was poorly handled indeed.

My background is in marketing and branding. It's going to be interesting to watch how Grace and co handle this backlash.

stacelee

« Reply #627 on: September 09, 2014, 08:04:10 am »
A journalist is now asking for people to contact her so I suspect that there may be some more bad publicity coming their way.  The fallout will definitely be fascinating to watch.  It is a shame that it has come to this because the machine itself has so much to offer but I'm sure that there would be people now thinking twice about buying it....particularly with the cheaper versions that are flooding the market. 

I will be interested to see what those who have ordered think of the machines when they get them.  The machine that I've been given permission (!?!) to buy is not officially available for order until the 15th and I'm not going to be able to get my hands on one to play with until after the Fine Food Fair so I'm struggling to be patient and wait....the inner geek in me is going TOUCHSCREEN, pretty cookbook on screen etc etc vs higher temp, larger bowl etc.  I need to win lotto so I can have both.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: September 09, 2014, 08:16:44 am »
Gosh. I have been surprised at the Facebook page. I wonder how HO will take it. Everything has been so positive so far.

Wonder the outright price until the end of October is $1989. ( I paid $1949 for my TM31 in 2008), you can have 3 payments split over 3 months of $839, $600 and $600 =$2039, and then if you had the pay it off method I guess it would be even more expensive.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/