Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368807 times)

Offline Leontine

• View Profile
Re: Re: Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #585 on: September 08, 2014, 04:52:20 pm »
Hmm I was told the butterfly would not work well with the old TM. Will check it out tomorrow.
Just spoke tot my contact who sold me the Tm31, the new butterfly does not fit in the old machine.

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #586 on: September 08, 2014, 08:49:45 pm »
Hi everyone,
I have just been to a meeting at my group leaders home this evening.  Evidently the launch last Friday at 2000 in Frankfurt which was the global release and was a tremendous success.  Wish I was there too but I am not special enough evidently! :) There were 2500 demonstrators out of 9000 in total present at the event.  Frankfurt was chosen due to its central location, airport and availability if hotel rooms.

We got the opportunity to test it out, love the colours and new the sounds it makes when it finishes cooking, no more Yukky beeping sounds.  It is far more melodic.  It is considerably larger in capacity, both in varoma and bowl too.  I like the automated lid and the way you can place the lid on quickly from any direction. I also like the flashing green that turns red when it gets hot.

Time to reason with you all, as this forum is a place of honesty.  There is absolutely no need to upgrade whatsoever.  If you are happy with TM31, keep it.  The only problem really is for the poor demonstrators who have to re train and buy a whole new machine.  We cannot purchase the old one anymore, I expect they are trying to flog them off to other countries but as it is a German machine, they like to stay current.  It is hard to buy anything old here, as soon as the latest model comes out, people do tend to upgrade.

Cleverly, I brought Ed (DH) along too.  He even arrived before I did.  I walked in the door and he had already decided that we simply had to have it.  I am fortunate to have studied psychology and had a strategy in mind to ensure success.  There were lots of husbands there who were captivated by the new technology too.   So it is purchased and I cannot wait.  We cannot officially buy until Friday but my order is in.  €1109 which is around 1500$. Germany do have a wonderful payment plan too with a teeny, tiny interest rate.  Over 12 months, the interest is barely €50.  I am saddened by the enormous interests rates charged in Australia.

I should have it in the next week or so.  I promise to keep you all posted for the upcoming of my new baby Thermie!!!

Xxxxoooo

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #587 on: September 08, 2014, 09:10:07 pm »

The new TM 5

A fancy angle of TM5

The Cream of Mushroom soup that is built into the recipe "chip". Totes fab!

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #588 on: September 08, 2014, 09:32:02 pm »
 Leesmac,  in your avatar you appear to have 2 TMXs already. Is this your third one? I loved reading your detailed description of your encounter with TM5 BTW.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: September 08, 2014, 09:36:43 pm »
Great photos of getting up close and personal with the T5 Lee ;D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline Thermesa

• View Profile
« Reply #590 on: September 08, 2014, 09:58:51 pm »
Seems my husband is trying to justify a new lathe. The conversation in the office included from a consultant 'I have a 5 in the car if you want to check it out' and from a staffer 'my wife would be happy to buy a pre-loved machine'.

Now I have a yogurt maker and I've used it once. I like musical instruments. I don't like touch screens but I have a 3 and 6 year old who can drive anything.

I like that the jug is covered at the back as the boys often climb up the island bench behind my thermomix where they can touch the jug which scares me if it's hot. (They'll only burn themselves once)

I previously said I would upgrade if it was strategic in gifting my original tmx to my aunt who can't justify the money on her limited income. A little tempted. I think I'll wait a month and see what DH thinks about it then. I'm happy with my TM31

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #591 on: September 08, 2014, 10:23:11 pm »
Bedlam,  the new butterfly won't fit the 31. The configuration at the bottom where it fits on the blade is different.

Offline lonnie

• View Profile
« Reply #592 on: September 08, 2014, 11:35:39 pm »
A link to a blog post on unpacking and using the new TM5: http://tickofyum.webs.com/apps/blog/entries/show/42643048-what-s-new-pussy-cat

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: September 08, 2014, 11:55:46 pm »
Thanks Chookie, someone is being misleading on Facebook. Never mind.

Well done Leemac, looking forward to your reviews.  Nice to gave you and your sense of humour back.  We have interest free ATM but almost $500 more in initial cost!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2014, 12:01:35 am by Bedlam »
Denise

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #594 on: September 08, 2014, 11:57:39 pm »
Hello Everyone, haven't been on the forum for a while and looks like I have lots of catching up to do.
I ordered a TMX 5 today and should have it late next week or early the week after.  ;D
Am really looking forward to it.  :D
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #595 on: September 09, 2014, 12:41:10 am »
Hi Michele,  welcome back hope all is well, looking forward to hearing what you think about the new machine.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: September 09, 2014, 12:45:46 am »
Nice to see you back posting Michele, lots of reading to catch up on - especially about the new machine. 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #597 on: September 09, 2014, 12:46:56 am »
Can I just say, I am finding myself weakening each day with my resistance to purchase!!
I don't think I've had so many conversations with myself!
Oh dear.

Have you seen the "Thermomix unhappy customers" page on Facebook...ouch.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline mcmich

• View Profile
« Reply #598 on: September 09, 2014, 01:10:07 am »
Thanks Chookie and Lee for your reviews and photos. Now I can't wait to get the new TMX. It should be easier than the first time as I can still play with the one I have. I like how Chookie likened it to upgrading a phone, ipad or car which is out of character for me as I'm not one for upgrading anything.
Still in two minds as to whether I will sell it or keep TMX 31 as I don't have a second bowl. It's a pity I can't pass it on to one of the children but which one? I don't really want to hang on to anything I don't have to  ??? Will have to wait and see how much I use 2 machines.  :D 
Michele - Lake Macquarie, NSW

"Just tell yourself Duckie, you're really quite lucky." Dr Seuss

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: September 09, 2014, 01:18:10 am »
Lucky you Mich, nice to see you back.
Denise