Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368821 times)

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #495 on: September 06, 2014, 03:36:25 pm »
There are loads of machines on the market. Consultants have to sell 3 machines by end of September to pay for their new one. Or, 5 by the end of October. That's when the price goes up.

Getting very serious about re-training.

You should do it MJ  :)
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline thenorthern

• View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 06, 2014, 03:50:37 pm »
I have a few thoughts:

- There was no way Vorwerk could have not upset people.  If they gave one month's notice, people who bought 32 days ago would have been angry.  If they gave two month's notice, people who purchased three months ago would be angry.  It's a no win situation.  If they had had a runout sale like cars do, people still paid full price the day before the sale announcement.  If they say they will reimburse people who bought their's within 4 weeks, what about the poor people who signed on 5 weeks ago?  It is just a real shame, but it's business, at the end of the day.  They can't give everyone who is angered (as I would be, admittedly) their money back/a new machine etc.

- I don't think for MOST people, it's a big enough change to warrant them selling up and upgrading unless they're a huge tech nerd and love the new features or you're a consultant or just generally have enough money to buy at whim.  It has some nice new features, new designs etc, but at it's bones, it does the same things. 

- I am in the band of people who ordered during out of stock and have been given the option to buy the new model or get a discounted TM31.  I feel very lucky to have booked my consult when I did.

- My consultant said there is (limited) stock in Victoria currently. 
Soon to be owner from Melbourne, Australia.

Offline floweryspring

• View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 06, 2014, 04:39:36 pm »
Agree with thenorthern. No matter when they announce it, someone will get upset. It's business. Things like this always happen.

there will always be some who will prefer tm31 to tm5 and will pay for it. I personally am not a fan of the touch screen. The HMP had such bad reviews due to the computer defects! A big reason why I bought tmx instead of HMP when we moved to US. I hope they hv really really tested it out!

None of the new functions are wowing me. What would have really made me jump is if they had made EVERYTHING in stainless steel. I hate cooking in plastic!  Oh and if cooking could be done without blades moving (bottom not burnt)

Offline Thermo Mrs

• View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 06, 2014, 08:16:38 pm »
I'm almost certain that I will upgrade from the TM31 to the TM5 if it's noticeably quieter. The noise is a big factor for me. I wonder how the lid works, does it twist on like the old one or does it just sit straight on? Do the clamps push down automatically when you start the machine or do you press them down with your hands? I'm not a fan of the recipe chip, I doubt that I would use it a lot, like others have mentioned I think it would have been better if it was a universal usb that you could personalise.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 06, 2014, 08:53:43 pm »
Certainly in two minds about the TM5.    I'm looking forward to seeing a demo soon - not too sure at this moment about the recipe chip.. seems a little too gimmicky but I'll reserve judgement until I see it in action.

Have to agree with Thenorthern's comments :D  The voice of reason!  :D  Even so, maybe just a gentler path might have lessened the angst a little = earlier announcement and giving potential customers a range of options.

I'm happy enough with the TM31 - but that being said, I'll certainly be curious to observe just how much quieter the new model is.

One red light though. . . . this is just an introductory price????  Is the price actually increasing come October?????? By how much??

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 06, 2014, 09:08:11 pm »
I must be having trouble with my ears ATM.... I was telling DH about the new TM etc, didn't think he was listening that much - til I mentioned that it was quieter...well, he looked up and said "well, that has to be a good thing, I wouldn't rush out and buy one just yet, wait a month and read all the reviews you can find, then if you want one ... "  :o :o :o :o
I was hoping to pick up a cheap TM31 to marry my current one, was definitely not expecting the new one to even be considered - definitely not by him anyway!!! :o ;D ;)

Please everyone that trys it, do a honest truthful review.  :-* :-*
:D

Offline Nik2WIN

• View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 06, 2014, 09:29:29 pm »
I've been lurking here all day (you know my attendance is flaky here).  When I saw the news yesterday I wasn't at all taken with the new model.  It looked bigger, bulkier and not very in keeping with the modern kitchen.  The chip thing looked like a stupid gimmick blah blah.

After sleeping overnight and seeing mostly positive feedback on the interweb I started to come round and then I saw the chip thing in action on a video - guided recipes - and I could see how useful it could be.  I've got a gf that's desperate for a Thermomix but is terrified of cooking.  As a result most things she cooks are a not great.  She will LOVE the guided cooking feature.  I've got 3 boys and the two oldest can now cook an evening meal with very little supervision from me.  They're both autistic but the Thermomix minimise the handling of hot water etc.

I don't get to see it in action until Monday and I still don't know the UK demonstrators incentives to buy/earn.

Nik xx
Hampshire based independent Thermomix demonstrator.
Thermomix user since October 2010

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 06, 2014, 09:31:29 pm »
LOL Astarra, well deserved .
More pressure on the reviewers!

DH hates the noise and I have a secret pair of ear muffs in the kitchen I use sometimes  :o

Enjoyed making jam in  *: today, thanks chookie.

Offline Thermo Mrs

• View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 06, 2014, 09:45:00 pm »
I hear a lot of people saying that they hate the look of the TM5 but love the look of the TM31. I'm the opposite, I never liked the look of my TM31 but I've grown used to it over the past 2 years. I can't wait for the first review to pop up on here for the TM5!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 06, 2014, 10:59:56 pm »
Just want to say my HMP has never given me any grief, neither has my TM31.

I will do a honest review,  on it.

In have such a big kitchen, and if a new HMP comes out,  I will upgrade aswell.
Its just like upgrading to a new car.. :) new products come out all the time, so 10 years in between is pretty good.

INAID I'll sell my TM31..

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Nikkit

• View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 06, 2014, 11:09:39 pm »
Hmmmmm all very interesting.

Will await some serious reviews and see what the go is.

But with 2 "oldies" in my kitchen I am sure I don't need another. (But what I want is a different story!)

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 06, 2014, 11:09:42 pm »
Surprisingly DH is more keen to look into it than I am! The quietness is a biggie for me. I have emailed my consultant to find out the pricing here.

Our newsletter said the cooking classes for this year will still be tm31, then tm5 next year.
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline Cbt1

• View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 06, 2014, 11:46:00 pm »
grrrrrr- took delivery of my Thermomix on Monday.  No wonder my consultant was keen to get it to me before she went on holiday on Thursday.  I am devastated. 

Offline Aussie Brenda

• View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 06, 2014, 11:51:19 pm »
Cbt1 don't be too upset, you still have a fantastic machine that cooks the same , if you can't upgrade enjoy it ,

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 06, 2014, 11:51:59 pm »
I was pretty sure that someone told me / read somewhere you can turn the blades off? That and the quieter sound (which my friend told me is a marked reduction) are both big winners for me. I have a couple of besties wanting to have a look so I think I will be booking a demo in the near future (so much for waiting until we return from Hawaii LOL).
Kylie