Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371112 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #360 on: September 04, 2014, 04:01:53 am »
lovely to see all these new members posting, instead of lurking. welcome.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #361 on: September 04, 2014, 04:58:40 am »
I remember when I bought my TM21. I bought it in September 2014 and the new one came out in at that time. I didn't have a demo as my sister ordered it through her consultant. That consultant didn't ever contact me once. I was furious when I learned there was a new machine.

I've been thinking about retraining again. Apparently, there's some good incentives. I'd love to get one of these new machines, so that's certainly a good way to earn one. The only thing that holds me back is the travelling costs and cost of food for demos. I did eleven demos and sold only three machines when I started. Since then, three people have bought from another consultant and I didn't receive any commission as you are supposed to.

I just find the sales process leaves me a bit cold. I'm not keen on the pressure sales and pushing from the GL to sell, sell, sell. I like to teach people about food and how to prepare and cook it easily and cheaply. Hopefully, that is enough to make someone interested in purchasing a machine. Depending on the cost of this new one, I may consider going back.

DH will roll his eyes and ask me how long it'll last this time.  :-))
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: September 04, 2014, 06:10:29 am »
MJ I had a friend who only gave it up recently. She was quite naughty with her demonstrations etc. she would make what the people asked for, within reason. A couple of times I helped her practise things she was unsure of. She obviously had a good group leader as when she didn't make sales her group leader gave her some of hers. She was just friendly and didn't push. She sold quite a few.

I delayed buying mine for some time as I wasn't impressed by the way they were sold. But eventually my desire to have one won me over.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #363 on: September 04, 2014, 07:50:28 am »
I think the GL you have makes all the difference. My one is wonderful and never pushes. If I had a pushy one I would have stopped a while ago. Can't stand pushy sales stuff. I demo and leave it to the person to decide and tell them to contact me with questions / orders etc. I hate to push anyone towards a 2k machine. It's worked well enough for me.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
« Reply #364 on: September 04, 2014, 08:14:02 am »
Turando that's the sales approach that would have gone a long way towards me buying. My demo was actually done by a GL. Whilst she was a nice person, she phoned me constantly as well as my friend who had been "slightly" interested. I told her from the get go, if I am buying one I will approach you but instead she chose to diary the exact date we arrive back home from overseas and start phoning daily. I come from a high pressure sales role in Banking so I know how demanding and hard it is but that pitch doesn't work for me.
Kylie

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #365 on: September 04, 2014, 08:29:18 am »
I think for me as well I didn't feel pressure as it wasn't my full time job where my rent etc was dependant upon it. I know for some consultants it is a full time job so making sales is their income so they feel more pressure too. And then add the pressure of the GL and it gets more pressure too.

I feel highly uncomfortable in pressure sales (had an absolutely horrendous experience once at a friend's house at a party plan thing where the person who was selling who was also the friend of the host was telling people why aren't you buying etc. I still cringe when I think about how bad it was). After that experience my friend vowed never to hold a party plan party again lol.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: September 04, 2014, 10:08:05 am »
I remember when I bought my TM21. I bought it in September 2014 and the new one came out in at that time. I didn't have a demo as my sister ordered it through her consultant. That consultant didn't ever contact me once. I was furious when I learned there was a new machine.

I've been thinking about retraining again. Apparently, there's some good incentives. I'd love to get one of these new machines, so that's certainly a good way to earn one. The only thing that holds me back is the travelling costs and cost of food for demos. I did eleven demos and sold only three machines when I started. Since then, three people have bought from another consultant and I didn't receive any commission as you are supposed to.

I just find the sales process leaves me a bit cold. I'm not keen on the pressure sales and pushing from the GL to sell, sell, sell. I like to teach people about food and how to prepare and cook it easily and cheaply. Hopefully, that is enough to make someone interested in purchasing a machine. Depending on the cost of this new one, I may consider going back.

DH will roll his eyes and ask me how long it'll last this time.  :-))

Once bitten MJ  remember the cost of all the travelling and  the intrusion on your evenings and weekend when you were TOLD. NOT to forget the  that you were
INDEPENDANT, ,
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #367 on: September 04, 2014, 10:18:51 am »
I'm wondering if they will be keeping the same method for using the machine because otherwise all the TM books are going to be an issue. I assume they would. But I tend to assume things that end up wrong!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #368 on: September 04, 2014, 10:22:14 am »
there were 180 sales  for thermomix on gumtree today...
that is alot

I rang my consultant  today, who has not heard anything, as she is n ow just a consultant not a GL.

see what happens Saturday :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline curlycoat2

• View Profile
« Reply #369 on: September 04, 2014, 11:16:17 am »
My cooling offer period was extended so that I could cancel my order and receive a full refund less the freight of the machine back to Perth.

The GL that did this told me she had the authority to assess each case individually but in the light of the rumours etc she offered the above option to me or the delivery of the machine she had for me at her place.

I took the first option :) and I would urge anyone that has not taken delivery of their machine to contact their GL and discuss whether they can also have this extension given to them.

The GL that I spoke to is even taking the machine to our State Head Office to get them to freight it back with the other machines that have been returned.  She will be in training all next week she told me so is happy to organise it for me.

To say I feel lucky would be an understatement.  Whilst I know the machine is good - clearly or I wouldnt have purchased it, I am a gadget girl and I would have sold the one in its box to recoup and purchase the new one. 

I have found it interesting to read how consultants and customers have been treated by the company as result of these thread being posted here and on FB. 

Thank  you for this thread and for the advice that has been given in it and also extended to me via private message.  I have appreciated any and all help offered.

Offline blue

• View Profile
« Reply #370 on: September 04, 2014, 11:47:34 am »
That's great curlycoat2. Glad your mind has been put at ease. It bodes well for how customers are going to be looked after. Still two sleeps!!

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #371 on: September 04, 2014, 12:38:36 pm »
Ok so i just got this from here http://blogs.elpais.com/el-comidista/2014/09/la-nueva-thermomix.html
This has been translated. It is about the NEW Thermomix

Touch screen. Recipes digital input directly on the machine. More futuristic design. These are some of the innovations present the new model Thermomix, which relieve the latter that became commercially available and makes seven 10 years, TM 31 Vorwerk, the manufacturer, thus faces multiple competitors that have sprouted your appliance, possibly the most successful of the century in Spain (more than 1.6 million customers, 124,000 pieces sold in 2012) despite being one of the more expensive (about 1,000 euros).
The sixth version of the device since its appearance in 1968 will go on sale in September, as pointed website Le Nouveau French Thermomix . But the German company neither confirms nor far, neither the price nor the novelties included. True to its business strategy, maintained a stony silence on the issue, "says Vorwerk not their releases before they happen", say from your communication agency.
Despite the secrecy surrounding the invention, more like the formula for Coca-Cola, Wikileaks reports or the Roswell aliens than a kitchen gizmo, The Comidista been able to meet some of its details. The most important is digitization: the new machines can be programmed from a touchscreen and take an entry in one of the sides in which to connect a pendrive kind of round shaped pill laden recipes. With them, the machine itself will be telling you the steps you need to take to make a dish and schedule the times and speeds required for each action.
Thus, recipe books may be used in the traditional manner, ie printed, but also in digital format, ready to be entered directly into the computer system of the apparatus. The "kitchen tour" touch screen let the user view the complete recipes, ingredients and preparation times. They can be searched alphabetically or by category, certain recipes to favorite or check the nutritional value of each dish. There is also talk of a possible update of the application for phones and tablets that allows direct connection of these with the machine.
Screenshot 09.02.2014 to (s) 18.30.32
Things were pretty orange ... / THERMOMIX CANADA

The Thermomix thus becomes a robot in the purest sense of the word, which just bring arms to get you the ingredients in closets and a tray to serve the wine while guises. I imagine criticism from purists arreciarán with this new system, which accuse of destroying the magic of the kitchen to transform further into a purely mechanical process. In the same way that the less skilled in the culinary arts will appreciate that they facilitate the processes up submonger level, while the risk of mistakes and failure is minimized.
The design of new Thermomix has other less impressive, but also resultón news: you do not masturbate, as claimed in The World Today, but they have a different system closed the lid clamped and indicators which warn that the glass metal is hot. Moreover, it still has its classic accessories-the basket, spatula, butterfly and double container Varoma- and basic function of cutting / removal and heat simultaneously. To reassure those who have collected thousands of recipes, they will like the new gizmo.
With digital renovation of its flagship product, the Thermomix stands up to other robots as Moulinex Cuisine Companion or MYCOOK Taurus, with similar functions but something cheaper and available in stores (Vorwerk only sells its machines through demonstrations address). After its defeat in the Spanish courts, after a long battle dismissed the lawsuit against Taurus for infringing its patents, the German company will try to convince consumers that their technology is the best and worth the effort of acquiring economic . Remains to be seen if he achieved with so much drive as in recent years.

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #372 on: September 04, 2014, 01:12:25 pm »
Interesting read. Well done Sherlock!

Offline ltcook

• View Profile
« Reply #373 on: September 04, 2014, 01:20:34 pm »
lol. i love google translate. lol

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #374 on: September 04, 2014, 01:30:29 pm »
Very interesting!
Kylie