Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 371517 times)

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #330 on: September 03, 2014, 11:16:23 am »
I am not sure Courton whether there are still consultants but they also have an online distributor. I had a contact on another forum that had bought one online from them. So I waited for a couple of months to see if he had any issues. When he didn't I contacted the seller as well and found it a really easy process. It was delivered by courier within 3wks if ordering. I also got four cookbooks on a disc that I then downloaded into ibooks on my iPad as well as printing out the EDC for easy reference.
The only issue if you can call it that was my mc crazed but rather then fluffing around sending it back to Germany, I just ordered one directly from Perth.
The $ saved at the time were quite considerable even adding in postage was still very worthwhile.
Kylie

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #331 on: September 03, 2014, 11:18:59 am »
Turando thank you for having the courage to confirm what we have been suspecting for so many months. Hope you don't have any repercussions from the disclosure xx.
Kylie

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #332 on: September 03, 2014, 11:20:26 am »
I haven't been on here for many months because we recently moved across the world to be with a terminally ill grandmother. I had to sell my tmx when I left Australia because of differences in voltage and then couldn't buy one here because they are not available in the US and Canadian consultants were forbidden to sell to US residents so have been missing the tmx very much. Hence, news of a new model is very interesting. I wonder if they will start to market to the US market and what the price will be in the UK and rest of Europe? I always found the Australian pricing to be too steep when compared to its European and UK counterparts, particularly since the strengthening of the Australian dollar against other currencies. Australian pricing very uncompetitive because TMX Australia is a monopoly supplier.

The Canadians have been selling into the US for some time MAP if you want one . Not hard to,get your hands on one if living in the US.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline MEP

• View Profile
« Reply #333 on: September 03, 2014, 11:29:22 am »
That's what I thought as well Gert but since beginning of 2012 ( I think) they were advised no more sales to US. But yes, if I desperately wanted one I could, but I had to pay for postage from Canada, the consultants PayPal fees (additional 7%) and pay for postage (both ways) if tmx ever needed servicing. Consultant was going to provide bogus Canadian address so it was a very dodgy and expensive purchase. Total cost came to over $2400 Canadian dollars I think.
From Perth WA

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #334 on: September 03, 2014, 11:36:22 am »
Kylie - does HO have access to the users info on this site? If not I'm not sure how they would figure out who I am :) If they do and they kick me out that's ok.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #335 on: September 03, 2014, 11:37:54 am »
Not sure but I wouldn't put it past them LOL
Kylie

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #336 on: September 03, 2014, 11:41:59 am »
lol no worries. theres no info there anyways on who I am :)

I am very curious about the new model though as I have no idea about what the differences are and if its anything significant.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #337 on: September 03, 2014, 11:42:45 am »
Me too - love s new gadget!
Kylie

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: September 03, 2014, 11:43:55 am »
Feels real now!  Getting excited!!!!
( not that I didn't believe you Gert)
Denise

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #339 on: September 03, 2014, 11:45:03 am »
haha me too. and the only way i'll be able to justify it is if I somehow earn it via being a consultant. how we are meant to do demos without a new machine though to get sales is going to be an issue. hopefully it is nothing ridiculous for the consultants to upgrade.

Offline kyton

• View Profile
Re:
« Reply #340 on: September 03, 2014, 11:59:08 am »
Will keep my fingers crossed for you Turando. So have we found out because of the time difference do we get the release first or are we after Europe?
Kylie

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #341 on: September 03, 2014, 12:05:29 pm »
Kylie - does HO have access to the users info on this site? If not I'm not sure how they would figure out who I am :) If they do and they kick me out that's ok.
HO does not have access to personal details of this site turando.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2014, 12:09:08 pm by Cornish Cream »
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline turando

• View Profile
« Reply #342 on: September 03, 2014, 12:35:23 pm »
Thanks for that! :)

Offline Kimmyh

• View Profile
« Reply #343 on: September 03, 2014, 12:47:06 pm »
Thanks for your honesty turando. It's very refreshing to be informed and I appreciate you taking time to answer a few of our queries.

Must say, well done Gert. You worked it out ages ago.....we never doubted you. Your our tmx super sleuth!

Offline thenorthern

• View Profile
« Reply #344 on: September 03, 2014, 01:16:32 pm »
Turando, and others, can I ask some questions to confirm some things?  I'm not sure how much you know obviously so no worries.

Can I be confident that my cooling off period begins when I make payment NOT from when I signed the form?
Do you think there will be more stock of the TM 31 at all, from today/when they went out of stock last week?
Approx how long will it be until the new model will be ready to be delivered?
Do only select consultants know?  I imagine this is the case.
Soon to be owner from Melbourne, Australia.