Author Topic: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?  (Read 368778 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: New Model Thermomix, truth or rumour?
« Reply #705 on: September 10, 2014, 03:17:28 pm »
New Facebook Page: Happy Thermomix Customers in Australia
If you're a FB user, please join.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: September 10, 2014, 03:21:44 pm »
Beat me MJ, Was just coming to post  :D :D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #707 on: September 10, 2014, 03:30:21 pm »
Beat me MJ, Was just coming to post  :D :D
Thanks for adding me!!  ;D
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline jayson

• View Profile
« Reply #708 on: September 10, 2014, 05:36:57 pm »
My tm5 arrived today!! Soup cooking away! Happy bunny here!

Offline PaulsTinopener

• View Profile
« Reply #709 on: September 10, 2014, 09:26:23 pm »
Hi Australia,
I have to correct my mail from yesterday: now it's in the german news as well. (Found 2 newsletter, the Huntington and " Die Welt"). And even the angry customers/the social media  in Australia are mentioned (http://www.welt.de/wirtschaft/article132103081/Gepimpter-Thermomix-erzuernt-die-Kunden.html) (that newsletter is rather conservative, no gossisp issue): "Hotlines sind daher in den vergangenen Tagen zeitweise zusammengebrochen, zudem gibt es in sozialen Netzwerken und einschlägigen Foren einen Sturm der Entrüstung – national wie international, etwa in Australien. " (Translation: Hotlines are broken meanwhile in the last days, further there was a shitstrorm in socail media ein special internetsites, nationa as well as internatioanl, e.g. in Australia). I should have got a letter with new information wether I cancel my order TM31 or pay 90 Euro to get the new one. I haven't got it by now, tomorrow I will try the telephone hotline, where other customers spent > 20 Minutes waiting. And as the hotline is open only 08;00 -  17:00 it will be my lunch break. Perhaps I can sell it as the new diet? Don't eat but wait?
Good night!!! (it's 22:24 over here)

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #710 on: September 11, 2014, 12:21:25 am »
Has anyone compared the noise of the two? I'm wondering if there is much of a difference??

What I want to know too, some say marked difference, others say no difference..... ???
:D

Offline bluebear_74

• View Profile
« Reply #711 on: September 11, 2014, 12:31:41 am »
Has anyone compared the noise of the two? I'm wondering if there is much of a difference??

What I want to know too, some say marked difference, others say no difference..... ???
I heard some say it is, but when doing things like nuts and ice it's still loud from the noise of it hitting the bowl rather than the motor.

I make poached eggs many mornings and the motor is so loud just spinning water around! Mum said she always knows when I'm making breakfast because she can hear it from her bedroom (the other end of the house from the kitchen).

I was telling my brother how the TM5 looks so much better and how everyone says the TM31 looks spaced aged. Then he told me when he saw it he thought it was ugly and had too many buttons but didn't have the heart to tell me because I wanted it so much. Then to rub salt into the wound I was thinking of getting a air fryer last night and trying to decide between a cheap one with dials and a more expensive Phillips one with a digital display & buttons. He said the digital display one matches the TM5, so I should get the cheap one to match my TM31  :'(. Brothers >:(.

Offline JenJan

• View Profile
« Reply #712 on: September 11, 2014, 01:58:22 am »
Is it just me or does anyone else think the TM5 looks like Marvin the paranoid android from the 1981 TV series "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?

Online achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #713 on: September 11, 2014, 02:01:06 am »
BB,  when I made soup the noise was the same.  I ground the carrots and lentils first.  ( made a lot of noise in both machines). Then added water and cooked T 100 for 20 mins.  Same amount of noise.

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: September 11, 2014, 04:19:17 am »
Is it just me or does anyone else think the TM5 looks like Marvin the paranoid android from the 1981 TV series "Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy"?

That may a good name for my TM 5. I have Termite and maybe now Marvin.  ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: September 11, 2014, 04:24:32 am »
According to ACA, it's a 'cult kitchen appliance'. Ooh! I'm a part of a cult!   :D

MJ I read somewhere a while ago that it was like a virus. So you are in a cult and have a virus. Don't get well. I'm not planning to.  ;D ;D ;D
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #716 on: September 11, 2014, 04:51:22 am »
....so, has the patent ended on the Tm31 model or is it still valid??
Will there be cosmetic changes to the other thermo cookers when it does?  Shall be interesting to watch.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline floweryspring

• View Profile
« Reply #717 on: September 11, 2014, 04:54:47 am »

I just sold my thermomix in the US. I was able to buy it from Canada because I was a previous thermomix owner in Aus. The left over warranty is being transferred over to the new owner. I was very surprised because inAus they told me it's not transferable! What is going on Australia??

I checked this situation with UK Head Office yesterday because I was under the impression that the warranty couldn't be transferred.  I was wrong and certainly in the UK any warranty left to run is transferred to the new owner.

Nik xx

HO says "sorry" in an update to an article on news.com.au ..... http://mobile.news.com.au/lifestyle/home/thermomix-tm5-launches-in-secret-and-customers-are-not-happy/story-fneuz5ql-1227052897047

Why is it that warranties can't be transferred if  machines change hands? Is that restriction legal I wonder?

I can't see why you can't transfer the warranty - you can on cars.

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #718 on: September 11, 2014, 05:06:33 am »
Oh Paulstinopener, I really need to stop working so hard and read the German news more, I really didn't know any of this.  Oh Vorwerk, really???

Offline leesmac78

• View Profile
« Reply #719 on: September 11, 2014, 05:07:36 am »
I decided to join the happy Thermomix club on Facebook.