Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7842241 times)

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #38055 on: December 05, 2019, 04:45:48 am »
Judy!
Did I see you this morning?  :)  :)

We are in Adelaide for a couple of days.  Had my car serviced yesterday and this morning after booking out of our Hotel decided to drive down to Westlakes shopping centre.  Not sure of the name of the road we were on but after leaving Port Rd onto this particular road, we were waiting at the lights to turn right into West Lakes Blvd.  A silver Mazda drove in front of us going down the road we were just leaving.  It looked so much like you I had to come and ask :)

We've booked into another hotel near a venue where we are going out to tonight, before we head off back home tomorrow. 

Hope you and everyone here are having a great year with another Christmas almost upon us. I can only imagine all the wonderful things everyone is planning to cook.

I must try and drop in more often, I've gotten completely out of the habit of doing so.  :P

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38056 on: December 05, 2019, 07:45:35 am »
JulieO we miss you.  Please try and drop in occasionally.
Lovely lunch with friends. Chooks laying like made.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38057 on: December 05, 2019, 10:37:52 am »
Julie O , like you I do not come here often but lovely to hear from you. I do get the notices but have not much to contribute as my life has changes. Still I love hearing from everyone.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38058 on: December 05, 2019, 11:26:59 am »
Judy!

No Julie that would’ve have been me, I didn’t go anywhere near West Lakes today as I had gym this morning then came home to change before going to see Mum then back to the gym place for our Christmas party.  My car is a silvery blue Corolla.

I often think of you and what a lovely surprise to find you’d popped into the forum today.  I hope all is well with you and the family.  Geoff passed away in January but Mum turned 97 on Sunday so my visits to the nursing home are still happening.  Life is good though, I’ve never been so busy - not cooking though! 
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38059 on: December 05, 2019, 07:24:42 pm »
Judy!

No Julie that would’ve have been me, I didn’t go anywhere near West Lakes today as I had gym this morning then came home to change before going to see Mum then back to the gym place for our Christmas party.  My car is a silvery blue Corolla.

I often think of you and what a lovely surprise to find you’d popped into the forum today.  I hope all is well with you and the family.  Geoff passed away in January but Mum turned 97 on Sunday so my visits to the nursing home are still happening.  Life is good though, I’ve never been so busy - not cooking though!

I'm sorry to hear about Geoff Judy but am glad to hear everything is going well for you though.  Am not surprised that you are busy, you are such a lovely lady.

Wow 97!  I bet your mum was spoiled at the nursing home.  My mum passed 2 years ago in November and DH's dad the month before that so not a particularly nice couple of months there, otherwise we are going well. 

I still enjoy cooking but mostly cook different meals for each of us.  Mine are basically light meals to maintain my weight but DH needs more heartier meals as he works 12 hour shifts and is pretty active so he needs to eat more cals otherwise he loses weight and he doesn't need to do that.  It works though as I get to still bake etc.

Gert, it's great to see you still pop in from time to time too. I'm the same, I don't have much of interest that I'm able to contribute but it's nice to read what others are doing.  I hope you have a wonderful Christmas :)

Chookie, so good to see you are still posting too!  Such a great bread maker, I remember looking at your lovely crusty loaves with envy  :P

We'll be heading home in the next couple of hours, just waiting for it to become light.  Enjoy your weekend everyone!  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38060 on: December 06, 2019, 02:26:50 am »
Mild weather today. At home day except for car service.
This time last year Gert was with us. We throughly enjoyed her company. Tomorrow we are going to the Highland Gathering at Daylesford where GD is playing the bagpipes.  She is Drum Major for the school pipers. We hope it doesn’t rain. 
I am going to a TMX 6 demo in a couple of weeks. There will be me and 2 other women there.  I thought there had to be 6 for a demo to take place.
« Last Edit: December 06, 2019, 02:39:45 am by achookwoman »

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #38061 on: December 06, 2019, 02:40:09 am »
I enjoyed myself immensely and we all enjoyed some wonderful meals.
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38062 on: December 06, 2019, 02:52:13 am »
Us 'oldies' at my gym are having a Xmas picnic on Monday and we have been asked to bring a plate.  I thought I would do devilled eggs so am looking for suggestions of any tried and true recipes - they are easy enough to pull together, I guess I am just checking to see if anyone has a particularly 'spectacular' recipe that I can make.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38063 on: December 06, 2019, 07:12:51 am »
Marina, last January we had a picnic in the park and I bought hi fibre bread from Bakers delight and made curried egg sandwiches and they disappeared very quickly.  Not much trouble as you can make the curried egg the previous day.   Just boiled eggs, mayo or cream and curry powder, S and P. A bit of iceberg lettuce adds a bit of crunch.
Gert, that looks like rack of lamb at Frangos.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38064 on: December 06, 2019, 08:14:47 am »
JulieO how wonderful to hear from you. I do think of you, especially if I make one of your recipes. Trying to stay cool over here. How is your Grandson JulieO, growing up I'm sure?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38065 on: December 06, 2019, 09:55:54 am »
Thanks Chookie, that is pretty much what I was thinking.

Offline JulieO

• View Profile
« Reply #38066 on: December 06, 2019, 07:35:23 pm »
JulieO how wonderful to hear from you. I do think of you, especially if I make one of your recipes. Trying to stay cool over here. How is your Grandson JulieO, growing up I'm sure?

Hi Cookie  :D  Yes my grandson is growing up, especially upwards. He will be 9 next month and it won't be long before he'll be eye level to me (which wouldn't be all that hard really).  He's such a gorgeous little boy and we love it when he's able to come and stay for a weekend or longer if it's school hols.  Love him to death  ;D

We are expecting 41 here tomorrow but then back down to 28 on Monday.  The temps have been so up and down (mainly down) so far and believe it or not I've still been wearing my winter gear for my morning beach walks.  So close to Christmas that is crazy.

Was so nice to wake up in our own bed this morning and am having a morning off walking (done heaps in Adelaide), back into it again tomorrow.  I have nothing planned for the day which is also nice after a busy few days.  :D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #38067 on: December 06, 2019, 10:11:34 pm »
Lovely mild day. 20 degrees.
Calling in at French shop in Creswick for a Baguette and coffee on way to Bagpipe Gathering at Daylesford.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #38068 on: December 07, 2019, 11:13:07 am »
It’s cool here today, so lovely.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #38069 on: December 07, 2019, 06:17:19 pm »
Hope you had a good day in Daylesford yesterday, Chookie.