Author Topic: Cooking forums/sites?  (Read 4591 times)

Offline flavourofthemonth

• View Profile
Cooking forums/sites?
« on: May 24, 2012, 06:32:45 am »
Besides this fabulous forum, where to you go online for cooking inspiration?

Years ago I used to frequent Recipezaar.com until they changed to food.com. Then they had bazillions of pop-ups and other various problems so I stopped going there. I just popped in now to see if it's all been fixed but after the first page, I can't load the site. Grrr! I give up on that one.

I was hoping Taste.com.au might fill the gap for me but I don't find a lot of inspiration on that forum. Am I just not hangin' around long enough? Really, this is the only cooking forum I feel is worth visiting lately. I would like to find another one or two for 'different' ideas.  ;)

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cooking forums/sites?
« Reply #1 on: May 24, 2012, 06:45:10 am »
Years ago I used to check our Recipezaar FOTM but I found I often had computer problems once I logged into that site.  I didn't even know they are now food.com - thanks for that information.  Since I bought the TMX I haven't felt the need to look at any site which isn't TMX related except when they come up in a search for a particular recipe.  Have you seen our list of URL links to TMX related sites - plenty there to keep you busy for a while.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 24, 2012, 06:53:44 am »
Thanks Judy.

I was thinking I might make a pumpkin, feta and caramalised onion pizza for tea tonight. I want to do as much as possible in my TMX so I wondered if there might be some tips for caralised onions. Well, off course there is.  ;D  I've been sitting here flitting from one page to another reading for the past couple of hours.

I think you may be spot on with suggesting anything TMX related. Looks like it really will be more than enough to keep me inspired and busy.  ;)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2012, 06:57:08 am »
taste.com.au  is the only other site i go to.

then convert it to tmx.

Robyn
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #4 on: May 24, 2012, 07:02:30 am »
I was thinking I might make a pumpkin, feta and caramalised onion pizza for tea tonight.

This one, flavour of the month? http://tenina.com/2011/07/quick-pumpkin-and-feta-tart-with-caramelised-onions/

"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 24, 2012, 07:52:40 am »
This one, flavour of the month? http://tenina.com/2011/07/quick-pumpkin-and-feta-tart-with-caramelised-onions/

Well no, it wasn't that one but you can bet I'm saving that for another time. Thanks for sharing Cecilia.

I just googled pumpkin pizza to get ideas of what to put with it and came across pumpkin, feta and caramalised onions. Sounded good to me so I came here looking to see if I could do the onions in my TMX.  ;)

Offline snappy

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 24, 2012, 08:25:58 am »
FOTM, I made the red onion relish in the EDC and it cooks the onions so long that they caramelize.  Maybe you could try that?  My DH uses that relish on his pizzas and loves it.

And I can highly recommend the thin and crispy pizza base on this forum as well.  The BEST pizza base.

Offline RoxyS

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 06:51:03 am »
I like Best Recipes and have found that if I read the recipe reviews and don't pick recipes that haven't been reviewed (unless there are limited #s of recipes for the one I am after & therefore need to use an un-reviewed recipe) I have ended up with some great recipes and have even managed to convert some for the TMX.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 01:33:47 pm »
I second Best Recipes.

But, really, this is the only forum I go to when I'm looking for a recipe. Even if it's not here, someone will find what I want!
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand