Author Topic: Darling Downs Co-op / Shopping Tips  (Read 21192 times)

Offline Depome

• View Profile
Re: Darling Downs Co-op / Shopping Tips
« Reply #45 on: March 26, 2010, 02:43:58 am »
When we lived at Gowrie J, we used to go to his house at Cotswold Hills every Saturday to buy direct. He always did the PCYC markets on Sunday, having driven all over the region every Friday to collect the produce himself from farms. So I guess we got in early on Saturday ;) while passing by his area, and avoiding having to get up early to head to the markets on Sunday  :P The quality was always excellent as everything is super-fresh, and prices were good too. We moved north in 2006 and haven't bought from him since then, including since coming back. He only set up that delivery store thing since we left. I didn't think it was open to the public? I was under the impression that it's a warehouse HQ kinda set-up, from where he coordinates deliveries. I remember him (Murray) telling me that it wasn't really meant to be a shop to walk in to, but that was in March (ish) 2006 when we came back to visit. Don't know where he's at now.

Offline versaceyoyo

• View Profile
    • the thermomix diary
« Reply #46 on: March 26, 2010, 05:32:04 am »
You can definitely walk in and just shop - they have little baskets for you!  It is good - the fruit and veg were fresh and I got some beautiful little pink ladies which were the same price as Millers Fruit Barn (not organic at Millers though).  He stocks all the Barambah lines (price eg milk is $5 for 2 litres).  Also stocks Ivyhome and Cleo's 'bath' mllk.

Probably not as big a selection as Campbell Street but if you are out the airport way, it could be convenient for most staples.

To find it have a look at his website http://www.mrorganic.net.au/contact.aspx

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: April 25, 2010, 03:57:45 am »
Yes it's definitely open to the public as that's where I go (and got the rapadura from ages ago).

You can also have it delivered for $5.60 in Toowoomba which is something we are seriously considering with us being so busy.  The thought of having it delivered to our door and knowing each week we'd have a new stock of fruit and veges in the house would be great!!

We are still finessing how much we need to get through a week (some things I overestimate and somethings I underestimate) but once we've got that down pat we'll set up a standing order and not worry about it until I need extras to make stock etc.

I like the Campbell Street one to get anything I haven't been able to get from Mr O. and then the Budget Health Food Shop.  The budget place is where I last got all my seeds, nuts etc from but I'm going to give Campbell St a go for that as they have dispensers.

Offline Snoozie

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 25, 2013, 01:27:20 pm »
Is there currently a co-op running in the region?