Author Topic: STUFFED BREAD FILLINGS  (Read 10280 times)

Offline lcjtaylor

• View Profile
STUFFED BREAD FILLINGS
« on: January 17, 2010, 06:38:49 am »
Does anyone have any good recipes for stuffing bread?

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: STUFFED BREAD FILLINGS
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2010, 10:59:31 am »
I may be able to help,  but need a little more information.   Do you mean for sandwiches.?  For whole loaves where you pull the center out ?.   For fillings for little party rolls?

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2010, 11:57:13 am »
Welcome kjtaylor - there are lots of potential ideas - have you tried any of the scrolls?  Do you want sweet or savoury?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline lcjtaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2010, 01:38:27 am »
sorry guys should have been more specific  :)

I mean for whole loaves were you pull the centre of the loaf out and then fill it

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 18, 2010, 02:52:57 am »
Do you mean like this?

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=599.0

Once we're on the right track, I'm sure you'll get lots of ideas.

Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline lcjtaylor

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 18, 2010, 04:10:28 am »
Yeah thanks Cathy like that one, I didnt see that in there! Does anyone have any other ones?

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 18, 2010, 06:52:01 am »
I was thinking that a bolognaise sauce would be nice for something more substantial.  Here's another one

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=1188.0

I'm sure there's more hiding amongst the starters and snacks.  Try searching for "cob".
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 18, 2010, 09:37:44 am »
Hi,
I asked a similar question not long ago, and somehow didn't see that I'd had any replies until today!  There are some really good ideas there.  Here's the link http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=2713.msg30019#msg30019

As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #8 on: January 18, 2010, 10:32:44 am »
O.K,  I think we are getting somewhere now .       Make a cob loaf, isi's recipe (either) would be good,    Let cool then cut off top and scrape out crumbs,  leaving about 2 cm all round.   The filling could be mostly cold roast vegies,  with some cheese and slices of meat. Layer the vegies and the meat and slices of cheese.   It is important not to put any fillings that are too moist right next to the base of the cob or the bottom will fall out.   Put the top back on and wrap in foil and place in refig over night.   It should be cut in wedges.  I think this is an Italian idea.   Some roast vegies might be ---eggplant, parsnip, sweet potato. pumpkin. red and green peppers. or what ever takes your fancy.   Hope this is the sort of thing you are after.

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 18, 2010, 11:46:16 am »
Wow chookie, most cobs I've seen are quite different, but that sounds great!  I guess put cheese on the bottom.  Spinach, fetta, pinenuts and pumpkin would be great, maybe with smoked chicken.  You've got me excited now.  I keep having to invite friends over for lunch so I have more people to cook for!  What a problem...

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2010, 11:53:23 am »
the bolognaise works a treat. Did a similar thing at my girlfriends wedding on the weekend. Had small finger rolls (about the size of the parbaked ones), took out the middle, toasted them in the oven, filled them with bolonaise, topped them with cheese and shoved them back in the oven for a couple of minutes. Great finger food - especially for a pool party wedding where everyone was hungry lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline Rogizoja

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2010, 02:15:49 pm »
Best thing ever in this vein is a take-away widely available in Durban (South Africa) called "Bunny Chow" (don't ask me where the name comes from). The guts are pulled out of half a loaf of bread, the cavity filled with a really good thick mutton/lamb curry and then plugged with the bit pulled out - really delicious; and you get to eat the "bowl" once you've finished the contents! 

I guess this would also work well with something like a beef rendang or thick bean curry.  Just have fun experimenting.
If music be the food of love, play a tune on your Thermomix for your loved ones.

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2010, 02:51:01 am »
Great finger food - especially for a pool party wedding where everyone was hungry lol  ;D ;D ;D ;D
A pool party wedding - how very fun!!!  ;D

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2010, 09:05:32 am »
Love all the different ideas.