Author Topic: ThermoChef???  (Read 3137 times)

Offline shani345

• View Profile
ThermoChef???
« on: May 11, 2013, 02:31:56 am »
Hi all - new to this, and wondering if I should purchase ThermoChef?  I really can't afford Thermomix . . . Are there any MAJOR problems with the cheaper version?  Thanks

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: ThermoChef???
« Reply #1 on: May 11, 2013, 02:43:10 am »
Hi Shani, some people have one on here, not sure myself.

I have 2 thermie machines, which are great.
Welcome to the forum also. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline shani345

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2013, 06:45:27 am »
Thanks, obbie. Anyone else with a view?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2013, 06:50:50 am »
I'm the same as Robyn, sorry. A couple of our members have them and seem to be quite pleased with them. I THINK you may need to use smaller quantities when kneading though.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

stacelee

« Reply #4 on: May 11, 2013, 07:38:00 am »
I have both the Thermochef and Thermomix.  I've made several posts over the last 18 months or so about the Thermochef....I'm still happy with both machines.  I prefer the Thermomix on a daily basis because of the stronger motor for kneading and the reverse function but  the Thermochef is definately adequate.  If I couldn't afford the Thermomix, I think that the Thermochef is definately adequate.  I haven't found anything except doughs that it has major problems with....minor problems with whipping mayonnaise but nothing that would make me say don't buy the machine.  The customer service that Newwave provide is very good and when I have had a problem with the machine they were very easy to deal with.  I have/had a multicooker of theirs that was DOA and they were very good about sending me a new one with instructions on how to return the old one at their cost.  My Thermochef had problems which required sending it to them which again was done at their cost and it was returned with a new jug as well as the old one that they felt was faulty.

Offline shani345

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2013, 11:16:50 am »
Ah, ok. What about maxi superchef or Bellini?  Too many choices!

mcmich

« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 11:53:41 am »
Hello Shani, Bellini has been withdrawn from sale several times, haven't heard of the maxi superchef.
Several of our members have Thermochefs. Good luck with your decision.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 02:02:24 pm »
Hi Shani, welcome to the forum.  I just wonder if there are other forums where these machines you mention are discussed.  As this is a Thermomix forum you will not find too many people with anything but a Thermomix so unfortunately you are not going to get a lot of advice here.

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.