Author Topic: What's for Dinner Tonight?  (Read 5208277 times)

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
Re: What's for Dinner Tonight?
« Reply #3465 on: June 14, 2012, 11:40:37 am »
After last night's drama of the oven not working, my DH unscrewed it and had a look but is none the wiser. I rang the supplier and was asked "is it on automatic?". Duh!
Apparently, if there is a power surge, the oven will switch over to automatic mode all by itself. I looked, and of course the little A symbol was on. Once I went though the rigmarole of taking it off automatic, it turned on. Yay! Problem is, there are a pile of screws on the benchtop and metal parts all over the kitchen. I just have to wait for DH to put it back together LOL.
This oven is the bane of my life. The previous owners of the house didn't leave me an instruction manual, and when we finally moved in, just before Christmas one year, it was stuck on automAtic.  I had to ring around a lot to find a supplier who promised me a manual which never eventuated. I had all my family due for Christmas lunch at our house and I couldn't get the $$&@&$ oven to work. I eventually found a manual on the internet and worked out how to get it off automatic.
The knobs are very imprecise and lately the temperature is erratic.
Anyway, enough ranting!
For dinner tonight we had fish with broccoli and cauliflower with the awesome cheese sauce and other veges. Everyone enjoyed it except my fussy DS who declared the sauce "disgusting". However, if I listened to his opinion we would have takeaway or pasta carbonara every night!
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

stacelee

« Reply #3466 on: June 14, 2012, 12:15:30 pm »
I can sympathise...my oven hates me and my microwave died last week.  My new microwave arrived yesterday and already I can tell that it is going to be a beautiful friendship.  I've proved two batches of dough in it, baked bread, made garlic toast crackers and a batch of shortbread and a batch of cafe biscuits...they all worked beautifully...and my husband is happy because he was able to make his horrible instant porridge this morning for the first time in a week.

Offline EmeraldSue

• View Profile
« Reply #3467 on: June 14, 2012, 12:35:19 pm »
I like the sound of your microwave. Is it a convection microwave? How do you prove dough in it?
"A messy kitchen is a happy kitchen and this kitchen is delirious." Anonymous

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3468 on: June 14, 2012, 05:14:01 pm »
Uni did you cook the minestrone in the TMX?

Only for ten min then into my thermal cooker
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

stacelee

« Reply #3469 on: June 14, 2012, 07:31:06 pm »
Emeraldsue, it is a convection steam microwave that I just got to replace my dead microwave and I think I am in love.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #3470 on: June 14, 2012, 11:47:07 pm »
Tonight is Coral trout again, as I have just ordered a big box...
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3471 on: June 15, 2012, 12:16:36 am »
Tonight is left overs from my varoma demo if there is enough, otherwise steak sandwhiches.  :)
:D

Offline Amy :-)

• View Profile
« Reply #3472 on: June 15, 2012, 12:49:51 am »
Tonight is left overs from my varoma demo if there is enough, otherwise steak sandwhiches.  :)

What are you cooking for your varoma demo Astarra? :)

Offline maddy

• View Profile
« Reply #3473 on: June 15, 2012, 01:02:42 am »
we had chorizo & capsicum risotto

.....and I had to plonk a lamb chop on top for hubby......so he thought he was getting a mans meal  :-))  LOL.
.........EAT CAKE!

Offline fundj&e

• View Profile
« Reply #3474 on: June 15, 2012, 01:22:54 am »
i wonder if that would work with DH  plonk a lamb or pork  chop on top of some couscous  ;D
i don't need a recipe i'm italian

Offline deedub

• View Profile
« Reply #3475 on: June 15, 2012, 04:50:02 am »
Something from the freezer, almost too much to choose from! Probably butter chicken
Melbourne, inner north

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3476 on: June 15, 2012, 06:51:25 am »

Well I didn't cook it, the consultants did (yep, there were 2 of them) We had: berry fruity dream; sundried tom, capsicum and cashew chunky dip; Chicken, pumpkin and cous cous salad with dressing; pizza bianca; chickpea soup; lemon steamed pudding with lemon sauce ... ummmm think that was all, but wouldn't be sure. Was all very yum, and now I have my second bowl/blade set on order, and own a FSA cookbook. I also ordered the 'devil of a cookbook' too.  :D

• View Profile
« Reply #3477 on: June 15, 2012, 09:42:29 am »

Well I didn't cook it, the consultants did (yep, there were 2 of them) We had: berry fruity dream; sundried tom, capsicum and cashew chunky dip; Chicken, pumpkin and cous cous salad with dressing; pizza bianca; chickpea soup; lemon steamed pudding with lemon sauce ... ummmm think that was all, but wouldn't be sure. Was all very yum, and now I have my second bowl/blade set on order, and own a FSA cookbook. I also ordered the 'devil of a cookbook' too.  :D

...guess who's jealous? :-))

Offline astarra

• View Profile
« Reply #3478 on: June 15, 2012, 09:47:10 am »
LOL Amy  :D

• View Profile
« Reply #3479 on: June 15, 2012, 11:34:26 am »
*sighs loudly* :-))

;D

Don't feel too bad for me Astarra, I did cook some yummy dinner here :D Steamed pink snapper with oven baked wedges and steamed vegies. The pink snapper is soooooo yummy and tender and mmmmmmmmm ;D ;D