Author Topic: Does anyone own a Phillips Airfryer?  (Read 351477 times)

Offline Wonder

• View Profile
Re: Does anyone own a Phillips Airfryer?
« Reply #510 on: February 19, 2014, 11:53:16 pm »
I would love that recipe Maddy, we used to have spring rolls all the time but haven't made them in ages and yours look great.

Judy I par cooked for 5 large potatoes cut into 6 wedges for 10 minutes in the microwave, drained and patted dry then put in a container with oil, salt and lemon slices and left in the fridge for the day. Into the airfryer for 15 mins 200 degrees and stirred twice as the drawer was quite full and I wanted them all to brown.

I had a massive fail this morning  :-[ I stirred some spices and spoon of oil onto a can of drained chick peas then left in the fryer for 25 minutes 200 degrees while working thinking they would be a good morning snack. Unfortunately they were all burnt. Will try again when I can watch and stir them a few times.

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: February 20, 2014, 12:30:12 am »
Mrs B, you are the clever one. Have it to play with and at a great price. Me, still waiting.
Great work girls.
Denise

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #512 on: February 20, 2014, 01:52:30 am »
Maddy, perhaps you could post it as a recipe like what I did for peri peri chicken. Thermomix and AF friendly :)

I took me a bit of flipping through pages to get to Wonder's apple in puff pastry posting.

If it's a setting that worked, perhaps in the Guideline thread?

Moderators, comments?

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: February 20, 2014, 02:21:45 am »
Hi girls, this is becoming bigger than Ben-Hur ;D

I have tried to keep the list up to date (have added some things this morning) and in blocks for each individual member.  It's important that these times and links to recipes are all in the first posting so they can therefore only be added to that list by Courton who started the thread or the moderators.  Ideas must have full details to go on this list, if you try something different please do write down your times so that you can share it with us later when you have either tweaked your idea or feel it is perfect for the list.

I would like to add links to recipes that are posted in full elsewhere on the forum due to the fact that the Thermomix is included in part of the recipe.  I've put the Peri Peri chicken recipe link on BZB, are there anymore that I've overlooked?

Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: February 20, 2014, 02:50:45 am »
Made some sweet potato pastries, had to cook them all individually so would be easier and quicker in the oven but I wanted to see if it could be done in the air fryer.
Roasted 5mm slices sweet potato in preheated 200o for 10 minutes.
Cut puff pastry sheet into 4 squares, folded edges over.
Put some garlic paste on the bottom (did 1 first so I could get it into the a/f whilst I prepared the rest).
I'd steamed some spinach in the TM from my garden, drained well and squeeze out any excess liquid. Ended up with 3/4 cup. Added some of this then some grated tasty cheese which I'd done in the TMX.
Next was a layer of roasted sweet potato and another sprinkling of cheese on top.
Best results were to put the square of pastry directly onto the base of the wire basket, I also tried it on a metal disk lined with baking paper but the bottoms didn't cook properly.  I popped them back in later to crisp them up.
The best pastry squares were cooked at 180o for 8 minutes.
I ate one immediately and froze the other 3.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: February 20, 2014, 02:57:43 am »
Sweet chicken drumsticks 180o not preheated, for 30 minutes turning halfway then increased heat to  200o for 10 minutes.

Placed a casserole dish into the a/f, added the 6 skinned drumsticks and the following liquid.

125g pineapple juice
50g brown sugar
40g light soy sauce

Thickened the juice later with 1 tsp cornflour but would add it at the beginning to save time. They are delicious, I sneaked one for lunch.

Whilst they were cooking I made mashed potatoes and steamed vegies in the Thermomix and I now have everything ready to reheat for tea tonight.  Topped the potato dishes with Tenina's frozen, grated cheese butter from FFS and will reheat in the a/f to brown the top.
« Last Edit: February 20, 2014, 03:01:17 am by judydawn »

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #516 on: February 20, 2014, 04:38:09 am »
Fabulous cooking, Judy :) Was tempted to get the cute little cast iron pots the other day. So many pretty colours to choose from. But I stayed on track, and bought pie pans instead cos that's my next project. Make Ozzie meat pies (for the first time!), make shortcrust pastry for it (first time as well!) plus bake in the Airfyer. Will stick to store-bought puff pastry...too many things could go wrong otherwise. Hehehe.

180C maybe, girls? Try with 5 mins intervals. Just not sure how to check the base, to see if it's cooked.

Offline BeezeeBee

• View Profile
« Reply #517 on: February 20, 2014, 04:39:21 am »
Hi girls, this is becoming bigger than Ben-Hur ;D

:) :) :)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #518 on: February 20, 2014, 06:09:18 am »
love the look of the drumsticks Judy.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: February 20, 2014, 08:11:55 am »
Would it be a good idea to have an air fryer section like we have non thermomix recipes? Or under non thermomix recipes have an air fryer section? Possibly the latter. What do others think? It is getting hard to find the recipes.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: February 20, 2014, 08:25:17 am »
Small roasted cauliflower florets - mixed with 1 tsp garlic powder, S & P and 1 tablespoon olive oil.  Cooked 15 minutes in preheated 180o.

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: February 20, 2014, 08:33:05 am »
Cookie, have you checked the airfryer times thread lately, lots of things have been added to the list.  They don't show up as an unread posting though because all new times and recipes are added to the first posting so that they are easy to find without interruption of comments.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #522 on: February 20, 2014, 09:22:08 am »
Judy,  love what you are cooking. 
Today I reheated rolls for lunch took 5 mins from cold.  Great,  didn't have to light the oven.
Baked meat balls.  This was great as they were very soft and didn't fall to bits.  Years ago I bought a silicon sheet .  It is very thick and heavy.  I cut it to fit the mesh with a bit of a gap.  Perfect,   as the thin silicon is good but works best with food on it.  I left the thin sheet in while heating up and it stuck to the grill at the top.  No harm done. 
I am going to post my recipes , that use the TMX and AF on my Blog. All these recipes I will also post on the Forum.   This is what I always do. 

Online judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: February 20, 2014, 10:11:31 am »
Are you saying that the thin silicone sheet got sucked up by the fan to the top of the air fryer Chookie?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: February 20, 2014, 10:43:25 am »
Thanks Judy. I hadn't been there as I only check threads with the new sign on them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/