Author Topic: Vegan for a month  (Read 21349 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Vegan for a month
« Reply #45 on: March 05, 2014, 07:16:01 am »
Just an update Emily, how did your vegan diet go for a month? I imagine it would have been fairly difficult, but not impossible. I'm also guessing that you all felt great as anyone would who does this type of detox.
I would now introduce each of those foods you cut out, one by one to see if you or your family have intolerances.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Emily Mum of 4

• View Profile
Re: Re: Vegan for a month
« Reply #46 on: March 31, 2014, 12:24:54 pm »
Hi mj,
Yes we did feel fantastic, we are hoping to do it again after Easter because now with animal product in our system wee are sluggish and tired like before. It seems a plant based diet might suit us better. It's my husband who is pushing it (a tradesman and martial artist mind you), he has a green smoothie for breakfast and a big one at lunch, baked beans, chickpeas etc and only meat for the evening meal. The smoothies have chia seeds in them also. The thing that has struck me is how tired we are now we are eating meat and I know dairy is a problem for me as well because when eating dairy I get stomach aches and bloating.

Offline mrsb

• View Profile
Re: Vegan for a month
« Reply #47 on: March 31, 2014, 12:34:32 pm »
Fantastic update. Very interesting indeed. All the best with the new month