Author Topic: Lemon Chicken & Broccoli Penne Review - 5 Ingredients or Less - P12  (Read 2318 times)

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
I'd be interested to know if anyone else has had any success with recipes from this book?  This is the second one I've tried that I've had disappointing results with.

I attempted the Lemon Chicken & Broccoli Penne last week and I hate to say this but it was totally inedible.

The recipe doesn't specify what type of chicken to use so I used cut up thigh fillets.

Technically the recipe works in that everything is cooked in the amount of time specified but there was just way too much lemon.  I desperately tried to save it by adding additional cream to the ricotta cheese sauce and then even went for garlic-infused olive oil and sesame oil but there was no saving it - it tasted horrible and no-one in the family would eat a second mouthful (including my 23 month old son with a huge appetite)!

Not sure if I did something wrong but unfortunately we had to throw it all out and for this reason I'd have to give it a 0/5.
Linked CC
« Last Edit: January 28, 2014, 07:06:52 am by Cornish Cream »