Author Topic: Recipe Review- Chocolate Walnut Fudge p.140-Devil of a Cookbook  (Read 3970 times)

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
A simple, reliable recipe.  Requires 500g of chocolate, so most of us would need to make a trip to the shops to prepare this.  I think 3 secs on sp 5 smashed the walnuts up rather much and 30 secs on reverse at the end wasn't really enough time to incorporate the nuts evenly into the fudge, but the fudge was still delicious.  Set easily on bench overnight.  Very yummy.  Thank you, Laurie Rose.

Taste 5/5. Instructions 4/5

PS. I recommend that before cleaning the bowl after this recipe you make a hot chocolate to use up the sticky fudgy bits around blades and on sides of bowl.  Approx 7 mins on 90degrees - choose your favorite speed- I did 5, as I like the aeration.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2012, 09:16:37 am by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
Re: Recipe Review- Chocolate Walnut Fudge p.140-Devil of a Cookbook
« Reply #1 on: July 16, 2012, 03:07:30 am »
Cecilia, what a great little tip with the hot chocolate. A great way to get a yummy treat and drink. Must remember that when I next make caramel slice.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2012, 09:21:21 am »
Made a nut-free version today.  Flavoured with Bailey's Irish Cream today - the one above used Tia Maria.  Both lovely, but I think I preferred the TM.

By the way, I only made this at 8.30am, but it was set well enough to cut by 12.30pm and had good texture when served at about 3pm.

For those of you in warmer climes, might be safe to set it overnight, but it didn't need to go into the frig here in Tassie.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 09:23:52 am by cecilia »
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 22, 2012, 09:22:08 pm »
Yum yum yum
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline asha_76

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 22, 2013, 05:08:18 am »
Made this fudge yesterday.  I used pistachios instead of walnuts which worked well although the 3 secs on Speed 5 didn't chop them up all that much.  I also just used a 20cm square springform pan which I have used to make other fudge recipes and this was fine.

I used Baileys as the cream liqueur.  You couldn't taste it all that much in the end so it is certainly safe enough to give to kids.  It does set very easily too.  Agree that it wouldn't need refrigeration in cooler weather.

Got very positive comments from all who tried this recipe...I'd definitely make it again as it is so easy!