Author Topic: Devil of a Cookbook - links to reviews.  (Read 70160 times)

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
Re: Devil of a Cookbook - links to reviews.
« Reply #105 on: July 10, 2012, 02:54:35 pm »
I haven't made anything from the book, yet. Must admit, when I heard there was going to be some corrections, I was a little put off.
I do feel so sorry for Fiona, she's put her heart and soul into the project.

I'm pretty sure it's 100% of the profits going to the Devil's project, not 100% of sales.

A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline Master Moderator

• Thermomix Recipes
  • Administrator
    • View Profile
    • Thermomix
« Reply #106 on: July 10, 2012, 10:38:57 pm »
Hi all...

I have been following this topic closely and I would really appreciate if some of you could take out some posts that are either offensive or speak badly about consultants, other sites and the charity in itself. Please slim this down to recipe corrections only.

I agree that this forum is here to be as transparent as possible about the wonderful Thermomix machine. I will NOT delete this topic as members have the right to make amendments to incorrect ingredients. I can understand that some of you are unhappy about what has happened concerning this recipe book. But please bear in mind that this is for a very good cause and that Thermomix do release excellent books in order to widen our taste bugs and imagination.

PLEASE save time for myself and the moderators by slimming this down.

I don't wish for new/existing members to see such posts that appear here.  We don't want members to leave or speak badly about this forum. Over the years, only great things have been mentioned and that has helped us grow. We all want to see this forum grow. There is still huge growth potential!

I am not finger pointing at anyone and I blame only myself for not acting sooner.

Let's keep up the magic. This forum is the biggest English speaking Thermomix community in the universe. Literally thousands and  thousands of people come here on a daily basis for fun, friendship and help. All of you are the success that has happened here.

Thank you all for your attention.  Keep smiling

Admin

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: July 11, 2012, 02:06:11 am »
Thank you MM. Well said.

If such a fuss had not been made about removing the minor corrections then in all probability no one would have noticed the errors in the cookbook, which of course make it no less desirable as a beautiful book instigated by a wonderful chef, charity worker and Thermomix consultant Fiona Hoskin.

It always saddens me to read negative comments regarding the hard working consultants who's main desire is to share the Thermomix experience. I personally feel they need more support and nurturing here where they can offer their expertise in an unbiased way.

As you said this is a very popular friendly forum thanks to you and the lovely moderators who keep us on our toes. As in any community there are differences of opinion from time to time but more especially when it is perceived that  someone is "pushing their own barrel" or trying to censor others  unnecessarily. Things usually sort themselves out nicely or a troublemaker finally gives up. 

We seem to have had a nice bunch of new members who start to contribute straight away which gives us older member a lift and some great new threads are developing adding to the fun and interest.

I do wish all those hundreds of lurkers would join in and have some fun with us. Be nice to have some members from more of the wider Thermomix Community .

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #108 on: July 11, 2012, 06:07:28 am »
MM,  you are certainly correct about the magic of this Forum.  The generosity of the Moderators to both new and old members is amazing, as are the contributions from active Forum Members.   

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2012, 01:23:38 am »
STD,  there is a recipe for mascarpone in the Everyday Cookbook.  I haven't tried it yet and haven't found a review for it on this forum.

In response to questions from customers, I have been making up a list of tmx-made cheeses people have reviewed, so if you do make some mascarpone, please consider adding a comment on this thread too:

http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=9724.0

:)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 16, 2012, 12:54:59 pm »
 :) Thanks Cecilia. I'll be sure to give that recipe a go next time I need mascarpone  :) I don't use it much - maybe twice a year so don't hold your breath for my comments!  ;D I'll defintely be checking out those cheese links though.

BTW - I made the 'Roast chicken' tonight from the Devil book and my family said it was the best chicken they'd ever tasted. I didn't tell them it was steamed in case they thought it was healthy! Defintely on my 'to do again' list.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 17, 2012, 04:01:16 am »
what a funny user name STD, why not pop over and introduce yourself to us.  :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 17, 2012, 06:46:07 am »
what a funny user name STD, why not pop over and introduce yourself to us.  :)

We'd love to find out more about you. Are you from Tassie too? Are you a consultant or just a TMX lover like most of us?
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 29, 2012, 02:22:31 am »
OMG! My friends have just pointed out what the initials STD could be mistaken for meaning!!! LOL!!! How can I change my user name to something more 'user friendly'!?!?  I clearly didn't think that one through well enough!!!  ;D

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 29, 2012, 02:28:15 am »
STD, good idea.  Just go into your profile and change it under a/c related settings.  Then perhaps go over to Introduce Yourself under your new name and explain that you were previously STD so that we all still know who you are.  If you are a consultant in Tassie, why not tell us - we like people to be upfront with us.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 29, 2012, 02:29:45 am »
Good idea, was surprsied at your choice :o
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 29, 2012, 06:34:55 am »
STD, I think you are some one else.. :-\ 

Hows the cooking, why not introduce your self. Would love to know more about you.

Are you from Tassie too.  Hope you are having fun cooking.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline cecilia

• View Profile
    • Thermorevolution

Offline Jamberie

• View Profile
« Reply #118 on: December 29, 2012, 01:26:58 am »
Just after I attended the Devil of a Cookbook Cooking Class, I made poolish for Mick's Ciabatta but I didn't get time to use it, so I froze it just in case it was useable later on. Does anyone know if the poolish would be ok to use now? I did leave it enough time to rise....so it's in its risen state. If so, this could be a handy way of doing poolish because you have to be pretty organised (which I'm obviously not) when deciding to make the rolls (which by the way were lovely at the cooking class).
I have a Facebook page with all things cooking, you'll find it here: https://www.facebook.com/What-Amber-Ate-1097437023601587/

Offline cecilia

• View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #119 on: April 19, 2013, 12:39:31 pm »
If you ask on the Facebook Devil of a Cookbook page, Fiona Hoskin (editor of the book) will answer your question, Jamberie.