Author Topic: Devil of a Cookbook - links to reviews.  (Read 70569 times)

Offline obbie

• View Profile
Re: Devil of a Cookbook - links to reviews.
« Reply #75 on: July 06, 2012, 12:44:02 am »
I like mine, but still want a Hot Mix pro too. :D
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #76 on: July 06, 2012, 12:58:03 am »
Cecelia you could probably help me here.

I love the lime curry paste in the devil book. It says you can  put it in currys, any suggestions as atm I just smear it on chicken.

Anyone else any ideas?

:)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #77 on: July 06, 2012, 01:05:34 am »
It says chicken marinade or put in your favourite curry.  If you are on Facebook, you could ask that on the Devil of the Cookbook page.  It is mainly photographs and ads of cooking classes on there, but people who ask for tips get their questions answered there too.   
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #78 on: July 06, 2012, 02:30:43 am »
Hally, I think you could even add a little to any casserole type dish. Give it a flavour boost.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #79 on: July 06, 2012, 04:11:37 am »
I'm putting my hand up....I am a consultant since November last year.
There are many things that I don't approve in my current "job" however if I worked for another company eg myer I would still be working for someone else and following their rules which I may not like.
If and when I am fed up I will then chuck this "job" in.
The same would be if I worked for myer.
I hate follow up calls so I only send out a quick email thanking them for attending the demo.
I would hate a consultant to push this $$$ product down anyone's throat!!!
I know I would tell the to go to hell.
I believe the product sells itself and when a person sees the value in the machine THEY will contact me....hopefully :-))

Rara x

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: July 06, 2012, 04:39:03 am »
Rara I would be exactly the same as you - probably not the type of demonstrator HO prefer but I cannot push anything down anyone's throat (I am not a consultant by the way).  I hate people knocking on my door wanting me to buy something and if they kept ringing me, it would turn me off completely - if I want something I will buy it without any pressure being applied.    
« Last Edit: December 29, 2012, 03:17:13 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #81 on: July 06, 2012, 04:42:41 am »
well said Judy.

so many loose consultants like I did.  we need consultants sometimes, when we don't have one.

Glad I work for Me.. :)
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

[/url

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: July 06, 2012, 05:00:39 am »
Rara we love you.....and your recipes. I quite understand what you are saying.

Personally I think HO just does not need this forum and I am sure their consultants can be forum members without 'running to Mummy.' If a person is that insecure heaven help them.

We are individuals and should be allowed to make our own choices without pressure from anywhere. As others have said there are good and bad consultants and good and bad people in society too. I had a lousy one to start with but have been adopted by 2 wonderful people since. :-* :-* I have a dear friend who is a consultant but will not be pushed around by HO and does her own thing for demos etc. Everytime she thinks 'I've had enough" she gets another rush of sales.

OK off the soap box now, stepping down carefully so I don't fall. :D Can't break a leg as I'm going on a Forumfest.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #83 on: July 06, 2012, 05:04:33 am »
Rara you sound like a wonderful consultant. Good luck and thank you for all recipes and advice.  :-*
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #84 on: July 06, 2012, 05:10:34 am »
Be careful Cookie, we need you. :)

There are some good consultants around who like to help, you just have to find them..

[/url

Offline Rara1

• View Profile
« Reply #85 on: July 06, 2012, 05:17:55 am »
Thanks everyone
I'm feeling a bit chuffed right now :D

This is no way sticking up for HO but if you purchased a Kitchen aid mixer, blender, food processor plus accessories you would spend well over the $2,000.
There is no training or demonstration only an instruction manual and maybe a sales assistant that has no idea how to use the machine (unless you purchase the machine online and there is no sales assistant)
As for the recipe books for Kitchen aids...... :-))
No forums that I am aware of....
I have registered my name down on the KA website for monthly newsletters and am yet to receive one.

I know quite a few of my friends that have KA's looking pretty on their kitchen benches and collecting dust.

At least with Thermomix there is some support whether its good or bad.
Also we have an extremely brilliant independent cooking forum  :D

Thanks everyone
Rara x

Offline STD

• View Profile
« Reply #86 on: July 06, 2012, 04:56:12 pm »

I'm just new on this site but just wanted to say I love this cookbook! There are so many great recipes in it! My favourite is the feta and pumpkin tart but my family love the Greek sausages more! I made them into meatball shapes and served them with spaghetti! :) The whole steamed chook was a big hit too and the salmon with yoghurt dressing was amazing tonight! I'm making the Morroccan beef tomorrow or the Turmeric lamb - haven't quite decided yet! :D

oh and desserts ... self saucing chocolate pudding I'm thinking! ... with cream and custard!

Sam :)

Offline knittercook

• View Profile
    • My Blog
« Reply #87 on: July 06, 2012, 10:02:59 pm »
Sam that is great to hear  :) I have only made the coffee and date muffins so far and they were delicious!

I think it will be a bit like the EDC and other books, we need as many of the recipes reviewed, tweaked and posted here so we can ammend our recipes and it will be a fantastic book.

I am a Tasmanian and know that Fiona is passionate about this state, cooking and the TMX.
Seize the moment.  Remember all those women on the Titanic who waved off the dessert cart.  ~Erma Bombeck

my blog http://shazknit.blogspot.com

Offline cecilia

• Renew. Refresh. Rejoice.
    • View Profile
    • Thermorevolution
« Reply #88 on: July 06, 2012, 11:52:23 pm »
Hi STD and welcome.  If you have enough time, could you please post short reviews of those dishes separately - if you're not sure how, just start by adding your opinions to the topics that are already started.  Fresh new opinions are always respected.  Please tell us more.  I haven't tried all of those you mention but I'd like to and your experience would give me added confidence.  Welcome agaian.  :)
"Be kind whenever possible. It is always possible." — Dalai Lama

https://www.facebook.com/thermorevolution

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 12:27:45 am »
Cecela, I dint do facebook so cant access the page. Perhaps you could as for a good curry recipe for me.

Thanks

STD, glad to see some good reviews.

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......