Author Topic: so what was your favourite...  (Read 19294 times)

Offline GoneCrazY

• View Profile
Re: so what was your favourite...
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, 02:59:32 am »
this topic  hasnt been posted in for a while but i thought id unearth it as im new and just reading around the boards :D

well for me i havent recieved my thermo yet ( on its way )
my fave appliances at the moment are my slowcooker and nespresso coffee machine !! use the coffee machine toooo much haha and slow cooker at least twice a week ( often more in cooler weather )
I HAVE SOMETHING BAKING ...........................BUT IT WONT BE READY TILL FEB 2012 ;)

Offline NikiG

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 18, 2011, 03:03:52 am »
I'd have to say my Vitamix, but have decided it's staying as it does a better job on the green smoothies than my TM does. I will be selling the breadmaker and food processor (Magimix, less than a year old!). Might keep the rice cooker as I take that along to my church cookups and it's light and easy to transport. I will also be keeping my digital kitchen scales as I have found the TM's scales to be inconsistent in their accuracy (even after checking that the cord is fully pulled out, the feet are clean and nothing else is leaning on the bowl when I weigh things).
NikiG
Central Coast, NSW

Offline Chelsea (Thermie Groupie)

• View Profile
    • My Blog - Full Little Tummies
« Reply #32 on: August 18, 2011, 04:17:29 am »
Nicki I have found that my bench tops are slightly sloped and that my TM only weights accurately at the front of my bench. Something else to check.  :)

Offline Halex

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 18, 2011, 12:38:57 pm »
My Miele oven, i love it

H :)
Mum to Crown Prince......

Offline Carine

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 18, 2011, 01:29:49 pm »
Hand-beaters- still great to wisk egg white!
Franco-Australian living in Tamworth (NSW, Australia)

Offline jeninwa

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 19, 2011, 02:06:55 pm »
My Bamix, and my kenwood food processor it was the top of the range, both haven't seen light of day since I got my TM at Christmas. Must sell them one day.
I child-proofed my house, but they still get in!

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 19, 2011, 02:38:04 pm »
(rather what IS my favourite is the TM, pressure cooker, cheapie hand beaters, cheapie microwave dish --ALWAYS in constant use) okay i haven't probably used my Romertophf (? spelling) for quite a few months, but I'm not chucking those gorgeous clay dishes out. The frypan and wok seem to be a thing of the past for the time being, but am not going to turf them either because they are a different style of cooking to the TM, and will always be handy.
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline NikiG

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2011, 11:08:09 pm »
Nicki I have found that my bench tops are slightly sloped and that my TM only weights accurately at the front of my bench. Something else to check.  :)
Thanks very much for this Chelsea, I will move it around the kitchen to see if there's a good spot for it :) I was trying it again last night and it seems to be about 10-16g out - it weighed a 1kg bag of rapadura at 990g and my other scales had it at 1003g. I will persevere though!
NikiG
Central Coast, NSW

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2011, 11:15:59 pm »

[/quote]
Thanks very much for this Chelsea, I will move it around the kitchen to see if there's a good spot for it :) I was trying it again last night and it seems to be about 10-16g out - it weighed a 1kg bag of rapadura at 990g and my other scales had it at 1003g. I will persevere though!
[/quote]
You might need to get it recalibrated, I'm sure they can do that
Denise

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2011, 01:14:58 pm »
I still love my Kitchenaid Stand mixer and use my pie maker, slow cooker and occasionally my stick blender. Other than that it's my coffee percolator.
Sold the rice cooker and bread maker.

I don't cook meat in my TMX (other than steaming fish and chicken occasionally) so love my Le Creuset stove top pieces.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand

Offline NikiG

• View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2011, 12:28:02 am »
I thought of a reason to keep my rice cooker - it has a 4 hour 'keep warm' function, so I can put my brown rice on to cook, then head out to Zumba, and when I get home I just need to do the stir fry in the TM. Until the TM has a built in timer/delay function, this seems like a good option!
NikiG
Central Coast, NSW

Offline JuliaBalbilla

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 05, 2012, 08:30:20 pm »
Magimix food processor and Bamix stick blender.  Sorry, a bit late coming in on this topic ...

JB
Rosemary from Bournemouth formerly Gloucestershire

mcmich

« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2012, 10:13:46 pm »
I still use the slow cooker, breadmaker, pie maker (regular and mini) and tefal fresh express.

Offline DizzyGirl

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: May 05, 2012, 10:34:07 pm »
Slow cooker. I absolutely love it and still use it a lot. My 3 tier steamer was used everyday before thermie arrived. Must get rid of it because I haven't used it since.
Exercise is a dirty word... Every time I hear it, I wash my mouth out with chocolate