Author Topic: Bimby Chocolate Cake  (Read 348212 times)

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Bimby Chocolate Cake
« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2009, 09:39:02 am »
The treasure cake looks lovely. Real treasure too.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
    • Thermomix in North East Victoria
« Reply #46 on: October 11, 2009, 12:41:58 am »
Great job Ali!!

Yesterday I took Miss 3 to the show and we had a sneak at the cake decorating section. In the Amatures section, I think we'd be a good chance  :D :D :-*
For a healthier lifestyle.
Thermomix addict and consultant.

http://thermomixinnortheastvictoria.blogspot.com/ - My Blog

Offline alioop

• View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 11, 2009, 02:35:47 am »
Yesterday I took Miss 3 to the show and we had a sneak at the cake decorating section. In the Amatures section, I think we'd be a good chance  :D :D :-*
lol - good idea ILB but I'm pushed to my creative limits just getting the two done a year for my kids!! ;D ;D

CarolineW don't forget to let us know how you go and would love to see pics of your finished cake!! :)
From the beautiful South-West Western Australia!

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #48 on: October 15, 2009, 09:07:37 pm »
Well, the cake is now made (very easy, thanks for posting ILB).  It took a bit more than one lot of mix to fill the tin to the depth I needed for the treasure chest cake.  So tomorrow is D Day for my treasure chest building attempt (gulp)!!!  :o :o :P

I was going to make the yummy fudgy chocolate icing which belongs to the double chocolate cake in the UK book, but I don't want to take any risks that it won't hold its shape enough (when I make it look like wood planks, etc).  So I'm going to be chicken and make some chocolate butter icing instead.  On second thoughts - maybe I should go with the original icing after all, so that I have an excuse when it doesn't look like planks of wood after I've done my fiddling!  ;D ;D

Does anyone already have a butter icing tmx recipe to save me converting, by any chance??  I'm guessing I'd better make a double quantity of it to be on the safe side.  Does that sound right, all you experienced cake decorators out there?

(Repeat mantra after me:  'There's still time to make a normal cake if it doesn't turn out.  There's still time to make a normal cake if it doesn't turn out .....')
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 16, 2009, 04:20:26 am »
It will turn out, without a doubt. It will be dearly loved and will impress everyone.

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 16, 2009, 04:37:01 am »
Caroline, I made cup cakes with this recipe last night and this morning used a butter icing that someone posted somewhere on this forum. Thank you to whoever that was.

125 Butter at room temp
3/4 cup icing suger
2tbs milk
2tbs cocoa
Put butterfly and all ingredients into bowl.
spd 4. blitz, scrape down and blitz again until smooth.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2009, 11:44:39 am »
Well done Caroline!
Thanks VHJ - you are right, I think it may have been Brazen that posted the recipe originally.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2009, 01:34:53 am »
Thanks, VHJ.  I made a double quantity of this icing today, took a deep breath and went for it.  I'm really chuffed with the finished cake, actually.  I can't believe how well it's turned out.  I mean - it would have been much better if any of you guys had made it, but for an incompetent's first attempt, it really isn't bad.  It's now hidden in the oven, with the oven dials all taped over so that I can't have a Senior Moment and turn it on!!!  :o  DH is going to take a photo of it so that I can post it for you to see.

Thanks so much everyone for your recipes, expertise and encouragement.  I couldn't have done it without you.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Very Happy Jan

• View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 17, 2009, 02:17:20 am »
well done Caroline W. Looking forward to seeing the photo. I'm sure it is fantastic.
Jan.  Perth,  Western Australia
Adolescence is a time of great change. Between the ages of 12 and 17 a parent can age 20 years.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 19, 2009, 10:34:21 am »
Clever girl-we knew you could do it. I laughed at the taping of the oven dials. I would be one of those people who forgot and turned it on.

Offline I Love Bimby!

• View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 19, 2009, 11:08:26 am »
Well done Caroline  :-* :-* :-* The difference is that yours is made with love rather than a purchased cake. Hop the birthday is a wonderful one and really looking forward to seeing those photos! ;D

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 19, 2009, 08:46:45 pm »
The party went really well, the kids had a great time and didn't want to leave (has to be a good sign  :D ) and everyone ooohed and ahhhed at the cake, which was nice.  DH took the required photo - but I'm still waiting for it!  One of the kids said it was the best cake she'd ever tasted, by the way, so that was thanks to you ILB, and to you VHJ.

The weather was glorious, so we were able to do everything outside, which was much more fun.  All in all, a really great day - if exhausting!  DH made a brilliant pirate MC-ing the party games I'd put together, complete with inflatable parrot on his shoulder!  ;D

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #57 on: October 20, 2009, 04:49:14 am »
.....  DH took the required photo - but I'm still waiting for it! 

Was it a polaroid like MrsT likes?

....  DH made a brilliant pirate MC-ing the party games I'd put together, complete with inflatable parrot on his shoulder!  ;D

Not the Norwegian Blue ???

Great to hear you had a grand time  :-* :-*
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 20, 2009, 11:43:01 am »

.....  DH took the required photo - but I'm still waiting for it! 

"Was it a polaroid like MrsT likes?"

Nope - it was a Delayed Digital  ;)

"Not the Norwegian Blue ???"

This one was still rarer - the Bromley Red  ;D

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 24, 2009, 10:20:41 am »
Hi, i just really need to say THANKYOU...
this cake is so good.

my daughter is at kindy now, my son at kindy next year.
i made this cake yesterday to sell at the kindy cafe.
i got amazing comments, results.
it was so good, moist, yummy,   i loved it.
it will be another all time favourite,

i love my thermomix.....

Robyn

My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url