Author Topic: Orange Maple Chicken  (Read 4768 times)

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
Orange Maple Chicken
« on: January 31, 2011, 08:37:51 am »
Name of Recipe:Orange Maple Chicken
This is from the IntelliSteam website and I converted it to Thermomix.
Number of People: 4
Ingredients:
2 skinless, boneless chicken breasts - sliced

Finely grated zest and juice of 1 small orange

2 tbsp maple syrup

¼ tsp dried chilli flakes

Salt and freshly ground black pepper

Rice and vegetables.

Preparation:
1. Place orange juice and zest, maple syrup, chilli flakes and salt and pepper in tmx bowl and mix for 5 secs on speed 4.

2. Place chicken in a bowl and pour the marinade over and place in fridge for at least 30 mins. Don't clean the bowl out.

3. Place rice in basket, 800ml water in bowl and chicken in foil boats with the marinade poured over in the Varoma.

4. Cook for 20 mins on Varoma temp speed 4.

5. With 5-10 mins left add vegetables on top varoma tray (depending on veg used, time needed to cook and personal preference).

Photos:

Tips/Hints:
The original recipe was for 4 chicken breasts but that's far more than we eat. If you were doing that amount I imagine you may need to cook longer as they would be layered a lot.

I also poured the juices into the bowl, added cornflour and cooked for 3 mins to make a sauce, but found it didn't have much flavour. If wanting to make a sauce I'd add the juice from 1/2 an orange as well.

This was a really nice chicken dish, it had a lovely citrusy taste and all the kids gave it a thumbs up.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
Re: Orange Maple Chicken
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2011, 08:51:54 am »
Zan, this looks very nice.

Offline kezza

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2011, 09:06:22 am »
Zan, this I know will be really tasty as I am currently working through Luke Mangan's latest book and I have made hIs maple roasted chicken breast recipe a few times now.  For the sauce to pour over the chicken afterwards he uses verjuice, chicken stock and butter.  I think this would work perfectly with your dish. What do you think?

Offline Zan

• View Profile
    • My Thermomix Blog
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2011, 09:30:54 am »
Kezza that sauce sounds lovely and am sure it would work.

It didn't really need a sauce but as I had all these juices I thought it was worth a try but I think the chicken had sucked all the flavour out, lol.