Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6163559 times)

*suzanne*

Re: Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14625 on: May 29, 2014, 09:47:13 am »
Thanks for the lovely comments everyone and no definitely not a career path for me xx
Mab glad to hear that your test results were okay xx
have a lovely time mf and happy birthday to your dh xx

Offline Bedlam

• Denise - Mandurah WA
    • View Profile
What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14626 on: May 29, 2014, 12:26:28 pm »
Signed the contract to build today...at long last.
Have a nice weekend MF and happy birthday to your DH.
Glad it all went well Mab
Denise

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #14627 on: May 29, 2014, 12:28:56 pm »
A big sigh of relief then Denise, when do you expect the build to start and finish?

Enjoy your weekend away MF, happy birthday for DH tomorrow.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cornish Cream

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14628 on: May 29, 2014, 12:50:38 pm »
Congrats on signing the contract for the start of your new house Denise.You must be so excited.Did the bubbles flow  :D
Denise...Buckinghamshire,U.K.
Don't cry over the past,it's gone.Don't stress about the future,it hasn't arrived.Live in the present and make it beautiful.

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #14629 on: May 29, 2014, 01:07:34 pm »
Denise this is soooooo exciting. We need progress pics . Don't get upset if it all does not go to plan. It is happening and that is the important thing.  I would love to build a house.

Gert
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14630 on: May 29, 2014, 01:25:48 pm »
Awesome news Denise and sooooo exciting. How long should it take?
We have built a few in our 40 years and in actual fact this home that we renovated is the first that we haven't built.
Location looks lovely. I love Mandurah. Can't wait for the progress reports  ;D

We just went out for dinner. Well DH did as we went to a pub in town which was packed full but nothing appealed to me. DH ordered drinks before I had looked at the menu and when he came back I told him to order as nothing appealed. He to be fair said have our drinks and then go but I said I was happy to have a toastie later, my instinct was correct. His lamb shank, mash and veg looked like slops.The mash was watery, veg almost raw and the gravox  gravy looked like a watery soup. The food was swimming. To make matters worse my supposed to be SB was a semillion which I don't like!!! Home now with a glass of SB and a cheese toastie  :D  Happy now but honestly don't know how some places get away with serving sub standard food  ???

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14631 on: May 29, 2014, 04:25:36 pm »
Deniese, can;t wait for the pics.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

mcmich

« Reply #14632 on: May 29, 2014, 08:56:34 pm »
Happy birthday to your DH, MF. Hope you have a nice weekend away and make for up for dinner last night.

Bedlam, very exciting. Like Gert, I would love to build a home.

Welcome to the forum momoftwo. Happy birthday to your mum. I'm sure she will enjoy the facial masks and appreciate the cupcakes.

Offline droverjess

• View Profile
« Reply #14633 on: May 29, 2014, 10:08:23 pm »
Errrr unpacking, hanging pictures, unpacking, hanging pictures.. Unpacking.... And putting away......
Young arrived home tonight til Sunday and we went out for a one course meal. DH is away working.
More to do tomorrow, putting away and clearing decks for visitors for dinner. First meal in dining room coming up.
( not counting the temporary set up we had at Christmas! )
 ;D
We have a sea of boxes and paper. DS is expecting to spend most of the day in the attic! All of their stuff is up there and they will be setting up homes in due course.
DH should be well impressed when he gets in tomorrow night!

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #14634 on: May 30, 2014, 12:44:20 am »
Glad the kids have come home to help DJ.  Take care of your DH as well.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

Offline Mama Fergie

• View Profile
« Reply #14635 on: May 30, 2014, 12:52:53 am »
It's lovely that the young ones are home for the weekend DJ. Two extra pairs of hands makes such a difference.
I hope you all enjoyed your dinner out last night .  ;D
Have a nice family weekend when DH comes home.

Offline jo_nz

• View Profile
« Reply #14636 on: May 30, 2014, 03:28:13 am »
Bit late to the party here (no pun intended) but WOW Suzanne, I love the frozen party pics!!  Going to have to steal a few of those ideas in a few months time! 
I spent pretty much a whole day this week making an Elsa dress for DD - she is going to a movie party tomorrow: "come dressed as your favourite movie character".  If I do say so myself, it's pretty cool.  I will take some photos tomorrow when she is all dressed up.  Just have to get her thin short hair into a French braid!! 
Jo

When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #14637 on: May 30, 2014, 05:22:11 am »
MF I find the longer I have the thermomix the less I am enjoying eating out. I even found my self quietly criticising a friends cooking, which I felt bad about even though no one except DH knew.
Happy birthday to your DH.

Denise, how exciting. We built this house and love it. There were hassles along the way but they were easily overcome. We have only lived in this house and our first one. Except for 5 years in the bush for work. 2 years in Broome and 3 years in Carnamah.

I went shopping this morning and DH decided that he was going to catch Public Transport to the hospital to see his brother. I said I would pick him up, however when I rang nearly 2 hours later he said he had only been there 15 minutes. He wants to catch public transport home. He has never caught anything except the train before so obviously his bus experience is pleasant so far. Parking at the hospital is impossible and it VERY expensive. It is going to take him all day, but he seems to be having fun.  We'll see when he gets home. ??? ??? ??? ???
« Last Edit: May 30, 2014, 05:25:37 am by cookie1 »
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Emme

• View Profile
« Reply #14638 on: May 30, 2014, 05:25:32 am »
Bedlam, exciting and probably some frustrating times ahead for you, but it will be worth it.   :)  Looking forward to photos of progress. 

Glad the family were able to visit DJ.  Many hands, less work for you. 

mcmich

« Reply #14639 on: May 30, 2014, 07:02:48 am »
Have had a great day.  ;D  Nearly got done for shop lifting and have had the carpet put down in the bedrooms. Haven't had carpet for 10 years so I keep walking around the spare bedrooms in bare feet - it feels lovely.  ;D