Author Topic: Recipes to import into Living Cookbook etc  (Read 11291 times)

stacelee

Recipes to import into Living Cookbook etc
« on: May 23, 2012, 04:13:33 am »
Hiya,

I'm not sure if anyone is interested, but I have been gradually importing the recipes from here into Living Cookbook.  I have just finished getting all the "Starter & Snacks" recipes in.  I have exported them to a file in Mastercook format as a mx2 file.  If anyone would like the file to import it into whatever software they are using please let me know.  I can also export it as a couple of other formats.

Cya
Stacey

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Recipes to import into Living Cookbook etc
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2012, 04:20:45 am »
That sounds like a pretty big job, Stacelee and a very generous offer.  Can you export into Word .docx?  If so I would love to take you up on your offer.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline obbie

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2012, 04:24:45 am »
Stacelee what a swettie to offer.
My Thermomix,  Kitchen Aid, Pizza oven, Nu Wave 5 in 1, Spatulas, all brings love, laughter, happiness, and great food  to my kitchen.

http://obbieskitchen.wordpress.com/
[/url

stacelee

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2012, 04:33:23 am »
I just checked Living Cookbook and I can export to a txt file and then use word to convert it.  For anyone who is using Paprika, it will import the mx2 files.  I have just tested it and it also takes the "categories" across.  I have tagged/categorized the recipes in the "starters & snacks" section as thermomix, appetizer, snack.

Offline goldfish

• Love life's little light bulb moments!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2012, 07:48:25 am »
Hi stacelee -that was/is a humungous task to undertake and your exceptionally kind to offer it this way.  I'd love to receive the file if you can guide me through what I have to do . . .  :D

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2012, 08:55:27 am »
Hi there, thank you for your very generous offer. I have the living cookbook as well...can it be exported to another book? If so, would love a copy. :)

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2012, 10:20:13 am »
WOW Stacelee what a generous offer - I would love a copy as well  :-* :-*
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

stacelee

« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2012, 10:24:15 am »
I've put a copy of the Starters & Snacks.mx2 file into my google drive for those who want it.  The link is https://docs.google.com/open?id=0Bx8cSYVb_-_2YVpTYWFkZmdpMUU .  I will try and put a copy of it as a txt file as well...I just have to go pick my daughter up from work first :).  I will load other ones up as I finish them.

If you want to import the file into Paprika for the iPad, download the file, open iTunes, click on your iPad and go into Apps.  If you scroll to bottom of the screen, you should see the apps that will let you add files to.  Click on Paprika and then the little add button, you should then be able to go to wherever you copied the downloaded file to and select the file.  Sync your iPad to get the file onto it, then open Paprika on your iPad.  Tap on the settings icon (it looks a bit like a cog) and then tap on import recipes.  You should see the name of the file displayed under "Please select a recipe file to import".

I'm fairly sure that Living Cookbook will import mx2 files.  I'm working on my mac at the moment but will grab my laptop to check soon.  Let me know if there are any hassles with the file.  I can always email it to people.  I'm working on the Soups at the moment and hope to have it ready soon.....its my way of avoiding having to watch Origin tonight :D.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2012, 10:27:49 am by stacelee »

stacelee

« Reply #8 on: May 23, 2012, 10:37:47 am »
I've already discovered one glitch myself....It's lost the author information when it has imported into Paprika.  I have made sure that I included all the information about author/source when I put the recipes in....I'll try and figure out what has ooooopsed.

Bonsai

« Reply #9 on: May 23, 2012, 02:15:53 pm »
Stacelee when I click on your link it takes me to the google docs intro page and it looks like I have to create an account - is this how it should work?

stacelee

« Reply #10 on: May 23, 2012, 08:27:28 pm »
That wasn't quite the way that I thought it was set up to work. I will have to see if I can come up with a better solution.  I've worked out the author thing....living cookbook doesn't export all of its information so i will just move where I put the author.  If anyone who wants the file at the moment just messages me, I can email it to you.

Offline nazar

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 27, 2012, 12:19:10 am »
wow stacelee
 thats a huge task and so generous  and thoughtful of you to offer it to  use  thank you

South West WA AUSTRALIA

Offline courton

• View Profile
    • Blendstyle
« Reply #12 on: May 27, 2012, 07:39:23 am »
hi there

When I press on the link it comes up with the following message..

File Type: Unknown

Description: Windows does not recognize this file type.

You may search the following Web site for related software and information:

Thanks for trying though. Really appreciate the generous nature of your offer.

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 27, 2012, 09:43:26 am »
Hmm I have downloaded it now problems, still haven't imported it yet  :-)) :-)) keep forgetting!
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

stacelee

« Reply #14 on: May 27, 2012, 10:22:37 am »
I've had a couple of people ask me about the file I posted now.  The one I have posted currently contains the recipes in MASTERCOOK format.  You can use several software packages with it including Living Cookbook and Paprika.  If you don't have any recipe software, I have also exported the recipes in text format to a different file.  Word will open text files.  If you would like either of the files, I am more than happy to email them to you....just let me know which one you need. 

Have a great night
Stacey