Author Topic: Caramalised White Chocolate Mousse Passionfruit Curd Coffee Crumb - In The Mix  (Read 6300 times)

Offline DK3000

• View Profile
I tried this for a dinner party, and to be honest it was quite a lot of work.  In total it took something like 3-4hrs to prepare all of the components, which I did a few days beforehand and put each component in a container in the fridge.  On the day I assembled in dessert glasses, then back in the fridge till time to eat. 

The work was absolutely worth it, THIS DESSERT IS SO DELICIOUS!!!! ;D

The rich white choc mousse is really nicely paired with the tart curd, and the crumb gives a delicious crunchy texture.

It really is worth the effort, all of my guests practically licked the bowls clean, even the "non-dessert lovers".

Notes:

I could only get tinned passionfruit in syrup, so I reduced the amount of sugar even more than the recipe suggested.  I think if the curd is on the sour side on it's own it works better with the mousse, which is quite sweet.

I stopped and stirred the white choc every 10 min or so, as the mixture closer to the blades was caramelising faster than the outside.

I also subbed instant coffee for coffee beans, and it turned out fine.  I used a little less weight in instant coffee than noted for ground beans, not sure of the exact amounts.

It was so delicious I didn't have time to get a photo, sorry!

SO YUMMY!!!!!

DK

Offline Frozzie

• View Profile
Sounds delish.. I make a white choc and passionfruit mousse dessert in martini glass also divine.. Will be trying this one thx for the post
Kim :) ... Back in the land of Oz

http://frozziegourmande.blogspot.com/

Offline beaniegoesnuts

• View Profile
Help! i made the mousse and even though the flavour was absolutely delicious it turned out really grainy and it didnt seem like that at all last night when it was warm. what did i do wrong?!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Sorry BGN, this is the only book I don't have so I cannot help you there.  It doesn't look as if too many people have tried the recipe but hopefully there is someone out there who can answer your question.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Katya

• View Profile
I've got the book but haven't tried this recipe.   If you're on Facebook, In The Mix has a Facebook page so you could try asking on there and I'm pretty sure Dani will try and answer it.