Author Topic: grinding coffee  (Read 10342 times)

Offline Mel66

• Mum of 3 + Hubbie + dog
    • View Profile
grinding coffee
« on: December 16, 2010, 10:15:05 am »
Hi All,
Can anyone please tell me how to make cappuccino in the TMX? from grinding the coffee beans, to frothing the milk. :)
(if they can also tell me how to get rid of hot flushes I would be eternally grateful)  ;D ;D ;D

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
Re: grinding coffee
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2010, 10:59:56 pm »
Mel, making coffee is on page 32 of the EDC if you are in Aussie land. There is s thread on here somewhere about frothing the milk ... will see if I can hunt it down otherwise JD might beat me to it ( :-* :-* you legend JD!). We grind our coffee on speed 9 for about  1 minute but that is to use in our coffee machine (can't bring ourselves to get rid of it as the TMX is always in use when we want a coffee!) so you would probably need to adjust your times as I think you wouldn't want it so fine for the TMX coffee. Others may have some more useful tips for you.  :)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 17, 2010, 12:43:03 am »
Thanks faffa. I've been buying pre ground coffee.

Hot flushes are a #$$%@*&. They seem to hang around for years after everything else. I think I could have said goodbye to them.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2010, 02:23:38 am »
Oh poor Mel. I had my first hot flush at age 46 and I am still having them at 67. What I wouldn't do is go on hormone replacement therapy .  I developed a breast cancer that loved oestrogen. Fortunately it was diagnoised early. I  had a lumpectomy followed by radiation therapy so now 13 years later I am a survivor as are many on this forum.

Keep moist wash cloths in the fridge is one little tip. I am sure you will gt a lot more tips here which have nothing to do with coffee ;D ;D

Gretchen
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline CreamPuff63

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2010, 03:52:59 am »
Frothy Milk here. Also on p31/32 of EDC. I'm not a coffee drinker, so I have tried the Hot Chocolate and that was  ;D
Non Consultant from Perth, Western Australia

A balanced diet is a biscuit in each hand

Offline Mel66

• Mum of 3 + Hubbie + dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 17, 2010, 05:42:22 am »
thank you all...oh no Gertbysea...I was diagnosed with menopause 12 mths ago at the age of 43...looks like I will just have to learn to live with them  :-\

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: December 17, 2010, 05:58:21 am »
Gretchen you have made me feel so much better. I was 46 and now am 61 so here's hoping they are a thing of the past. They're certainly reduced. I started taking HRT, but when the first scare came round some years ago DD informed me that the best thing I could do was not take it. I think I only took it for a few months.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline gertbysea

• Don't experience life from the cheap seats.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 17, 2010, 10:00:06 pm »
Well there are quite a few of us on this forum who have been through  it all and many just starting. This is a good place to keep a cool head so to speak.

Mel66 I suggest you buy yourself a coffee maker. My second best investement is a Delongi which was even more expensive than the thermomix but believe me I deserved it. Nothing like a real cup of decent coffee. Somewhere here there is a thread about how to make coffee in the TMX. Maybe JD can find it.

Gretch
Gretchen in Cairns, Australia

Life is like an onion; you peel off one layer at a time and sometimes you weep. Carl Sandburg.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 17, 2010, 10:24:41 pm »
I'll have a bit of a look around, here's one from way back http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=913.0

This one http://www.forumthermomix.com/index.php?topic=867.0
« Last Edit: December 17, 2010, 10:28:05 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.