Author Topic: Mango ice-cream  (Read 5865 times)

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
Mango ice-cream
« on: January 11, 2010, 02:16:47 am »
Hi All. Well I just tried making mango ice-cream the same way that the banana ice-cream is done by just freezing the mango and then just blitzing it and it turned out a little ripper. It turns out real creamy and smooth, better than making sorbet with it. Hope some of you try it and enjoy the great flavour of it. Sandy

Offline Nay-nay

• View Profile
Re: Mango ice-cream
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2010, 02:26:39 am »
Yes - I tried this the other day too and added bit of cream - tasted like a Weis bar - YUM YUM!  ;)

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 11, 2010, 02:42:43 am »
Not a bad idea Nay-nay, I wonder how it would go with some of our home made yoghurt, it would be one way of using up the 2litres that I made the other day.

Offline Thermomixer

• View Profile
    • Thermomixer
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2010, 02:58:00 am »
Thanks Sandy - might be better to freeze the mangoes rather than bottle them?
Thermomixer in Australia

http://thermomix-er.blogspot.com/ - my blog

http://thermomixmagic.blogspot.com/ - our joint blog in Oz - please feel free to join us.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #4 on: January 11, 2010, 05:19:00 am »
The mango and yogurt ice cream is a good idea.    I have little packets of frozen mango in the freezer,  and little packets of frozen berry yogurt,  put both in bowl of T.M and zap until a good consistency. Yummmmmy   :-))

Offline Intrepidtrier

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 12, 2010, 12:27:59 am »
You are probably right again Thermomixer. Sounds like a lot of trouble just to bottle them.

Offline meganjane

• View Profile
    • The Bush Gourmand
« Reply #6 on: January 12, 2010, 01:46:47 pm »
I did this too as I'd frozen chunks of mango when they were cheap. It was for a coconut mango ice cream and I'd already made the custard, so I put the mango sorbet with the custard, but it was divine on its own!

I now freeze all sorts of fruit - chopped watermelon, halved cherries, strawberries, pineapple etc all for making sorbets or ice creams.
A great cook is one who can rustle up a fabulous family meal with some freezer burnt chops, wilted carrots, sprouting potatoes and cabbage that's gone brown on the cut edges.
The Bush Gourmand