Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7860410 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #40545 on: October 20, 2022, 06:45:26 pm »
My book arrived a few days ago and I have barely had time to open it, much less read any of the recipes.  It is an impressive work and I look forward to relaxing with it as soon as I can.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40546 on: October 25, 2022, 08:07:55 pm »
I’d love one of the RTE books. Haven’t had time to do anything about it yet.
Ral has mostly recovered from his fall and is getting around much more.  Some days he looks awful. Never complains. Several more weeks before the PET scan to see what the cancer is doing. I’m now coping better at ordering the supplies for his Stoma. They are free, we pay for the postage and an annual membership fee.
We are both looking forward to our new home. We already know 7 people who will be near us. They have been very forthcoming about the advantages.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40547 on: October 26, 2022, 01:21:28 am »
Don’t worry about the RTE book Chookie, I’ll got one you can have. My Dad had a stoma, it’s great that the Govt covers the cost of them.  They had a packet stolen from their front door once but they were found dumped in a playground - ha ha what a surprise and disappointment for the thief.
As I’ve said before, you will soon know the whole neighbourhood in your new area.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40548 on: October 26, 2022, 10:35:24 am »
We have a friend who has had a stoma for about 16 years. They go off travelling in their van a lot.

My book arrived on Sunday. Gosh it is big and heavy. A lovely book. There are plenty around in Target and Big W.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #40549 on: October 26, 2022, 09:00:23 pm »
I also had a stoma for 1 1/2 years.  You quickly learn to adapt and get used to it, now I just have a subtle scar to remind me of it.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #40550 on: October 27, 2022, 10:10:49 am »
My dad had a stoma for about 8 years, he managed it quite well and was still able to get about and do the things he wanted to.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40551 on: November 12, 2022, 07:13:52 pm »
Thanks for all the feedback about the Stoma. Ral is increasing learning to cope and live with it. He has coped amazing well with the shift. He loves the new house and the view across the park. He still sleeps a bit during the day but we fit this in with what ever is happening.
The builder is coming on Monday to cut the hole for the lift. On the 21 and 22 they will fit the lift. It will go from the garage into a bedroom.
He is feeling anxious as in 2 week he will have a scan to see if  or how much cancer remains. Given, that 6 months ago he wasn’t expected to survive the op, he is doing very well. He has been gradually feeling better since finishing the Chemo.
He is talking about getting a battery lawn mower to mow our 2 square inches of lawn. We will see about that.
Thanks again for all the good wishes and thanks to Judy for posting.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40552 on: November 13, 2022, 01:15:12 am »
You will be pretty busy over the next couple of weeks Chookie so I’m sure the time will fly by. I know the feeling I had before scans, you hardly give them a second thought until it’s almost time to have them so it’s a perfectly normal thing to worry about.  As far as lawn mowing goes, a pair of scissors would do the job unless Ral wants to start up his own small business for the area. Got to love that he still wants to do things.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40553 on: November 13, 2022, 08:11:45 am »
I’m thrilled that your new house is going along well Chookie. Friends have had a lift installed in their house and the little ones (all less than 4) learned to use it. Apparently it brings them lots of fun. They are grandchildren so I think that is how they get away it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40554 on: November 21, 2022, 07:10:22 pm »
Not good news from Rals scan. The Cancer has grown again. Not as much as when first discovered. He will go into to hospital on Thursday to start a new round of infusions and pills. We are even closer to the hospital at our new home than we were at Invermay. One positive. The lift installation also starts on Thursday at 7 am. DD will take RAL to hospital. The Dr hopes that the new treatment will slow the Cancer down and give him a couple more months. It is 7 months since the first operation. These have been good. Sold one home and bought a new one, which we like. So any more time is a plus.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40555 on: November 22, 2022, 11:09:07 am »
Oh Chookie, I am very sad to read that Ral’s cancer has grown again. Sending giant hugs to you both and your family.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40556 on: November 22, 2022, 01:04:36 pm »
I’m devastated to hear this news Chookie, it is a brave and fighting man who goes back for more treatment. Much love to you both, so glad the sale and moving into your new home has happened in time to give you some much needed more time together.  My heart weeps for you. Xxxx

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #40557 on: November 22, 2022, 06:47:17 pm »
Chookie, like Judy and Cookie, DH and I are so so saddened to hear this news and I can think of nothing to say that even starts to convey our feelings at this time.  We send our love and support to you both. XXX

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #40558 on: November 23, 2022, 10:28:38 am »
Chookie it saddens me too regarding Ral cancer . You two are so special and clearly loved by your family and all of us . Sending love to you both .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40559 on: November 23, 2022, 06:44:35 pm »
Thanks everyone for your kind thoughts and remarks.  7 months ago I was mostly in shock, this time, I just feel sad. Ral will keep fighting but I can see a deterioration in his ability to do things.