Author Topic: What are you cooking today?  (Read 8925858 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What are you cooking today?
« Reply #36660 on: June 27, 2022, 10:28:42 pm »
Good luck with your crown tomorrow, K Atie, I hope you are able to make the appointment.  So far I have managed to crack my temporary one twice, I am not booked for the 'real' crown for another week yet.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36661 on: June 28, 2022, 12:21:10 am »
Just catching up.
I’ve given up doing battle with DD ovens. Frustrating and bl#&y hopeless. Each day I’ve been going home and packing. I do some baking while there. Don’t know how I will cope without my new ovens. I’ve been trying to use up ingredients from my over stocked cupboards and freezers. Slowly happening.
When searching for recipes I always seem to come back to the Forum and my Blog. Making a lot of SD crumpets and adding SD to a lot of bread recipes. Made potato tots, much healthier than potato gems. Lots of scones, plain, fruit an cheese.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36662 on: June 28, 2022, 12:39:19 am »
At least you have your own ovens you can cook with occasionally for the time being Chookie, any good cook would get frustrated with sub-standard appliances but I imagine they are fine for DD who wouldn’t have the time to do much baking.  Keep chipping away at your packing and you will get there. I hope Ral is at least stable at the moment.

I hope you're able to get to your dental appointment K Atie, it might be a bit difficult if you are not well though.

I got up at 6.40 this morning to make SIL some Woman’s Weekly individual sago puddings, I always used to make them for him for Christmas before they went to Melbourne to live so it has been a long time since I’ve done so.  Harder than I though and they take so long too, currently being steamed for 3 hours and hopefully they will turn out OK. I don’t have much confidence in my cooking these days.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2022, 12:42:24 am by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36663 on: June 28, 2022, 03:26:03 am »
Hopefully the dentist will see you KAtie. Marina you are having rotten luck with your temporary crowns.
Chookie I can understand your feelings about the oven. You get so used to your own oven and how things turn out. Well done on the packing up and ‘sneaky’ cooking.

Judy, I’m sure your puddings will be delicious.
I have a SD loaf rising for DH. I’ve boiled up fruit etc for a fruit cake. Next on the list is a fruit loaf for the freezer and some sort of muesli bar for the freezer.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #36664 on: June 28, 2022, 05:00:53 am »
I made a batch of Marina's peanut butter and chocolate cookie and some vegan anzac biscuits for our GD.  I also made a pot of curried mixed vegetables for my dinner.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #36665 on: June 28, 2022, 08:36:22 pm »
Hope you enjoyed the pb and choc cookies, Mab.  I would love a good vegan anzac biscuit recipe if you were happy to share it.  Ta.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36666 on: June 29, 2022, 01:40:19 am »
Not sure if this info is of use. DD has a crown making machine. Whizz bang latest technology machine, in house. It is quicker, cheaper and better than sending crowns out to be made. There is a gap of 1 hour between the measuring and final fitting of the crown.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #36667 on: June 29, 2022, 02:19:53 am »
Hope you enjoyed the pb and choc cookies, Mab.  I would love a good vegan anzac biscuit recipe if you were happy to share it.  Ta.

Marina, the recipe came from a site called Loving It Vegan, she has some nice recipes on there and I have used some for our GD.  We didn't really enjoy these as much as the peanut butter and chocolate ones you made.  I think it was the "butter" flavour, but then we are not vegans.  I used Flora Plant butter, maybe another brand would have a different taste.  I hope you like them.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #36668 on: June 29, 2022, 08:58:18 pm »
Thanks, Margaret, I will take a look at that site.  I use the Nuttelex 'buttery' in my recipes, it seems to work fine.

It's a shame I didn't know about your DD's crown making machine, Chookie, I could have done with that service ... especially seeing as I broke two temporary crowns whilst mine was being made!  Anyway, I get my real crown at 7.30 this morning, so all should be well from now on with that tooth!  Just in case ... is your DD in Bllarat or Melbourne?

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36669 on: June 30, 2022, 06:23:53 am »
Not sure if this info is of use. DD has a crown making machine. Whizz bang latest technology machine, in house. It is quicker, cheaper and better than sending crowns out to be made. There is a gap of 1 hour between the measuring and final fitting of the crown.

Wow, that is brilliant. It would save so much time.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #36670 on: June 30, 2022, 12:57:38 pm »
Wow Chookie that’s amazing with DD crown machine . Yes managed to get crown done thankfully. Two weeks between appointments. Temporary crown was very good only the cement was disappearing. I just didn’t eat on that side . New crown great . Amazing colour match too. Reading myself for the next one very soon , in fact they wanted to do it two days later but I said no my jaw need to rest .
Cooking lots of soup , pumpkin carrot ginger turmeric and orange. More lemon ginger drink .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
What are you cooking today?
« Reply #36671 on: July 01, 2022, 01:22:13 pm »
I made some Choccie Rocks today.

Yesterday I made some yoghurt using the fermentation program on the thermomix. I’m very impressed. It made over 2 litres with this recipe.
« Last Edit: July 01, 2022, 01:24:18 pm by cookie1 »

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #36672 on: July 04, 2022, 02:19:44 pm »
Double batch of cold and flu lemon drink , this is a old better homes and garden recipe .Oat chocolate chip slice . Cauliflower Tumeric soup Quirky Jo’s , made a mistake added bone broth ( But is was a soup with added carrot  and green beans, had to add some coconut sugar to balance it , it worked sort of ) . Prepared dinner early Skinnymixers lemon chicken tray bake with rice on the bottom.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2022, 02:21:31 pm by K Atie »

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #36673 on: July 04, 2022, 10:41:56 pm »
Special 84 th Birthday party. For Ral yesterday. I cooked all day At my home Kitchen. Made mini Cream puffs, Cauliflower cheese in Filo,a large scallop pie, roast Pork belly, mashed potato , gravy and peas, garlic bread. 

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #36674 on: July 05, 2022, 12:11:38 am »
What a lovely birthday dinner Chookie, you would have been in your element back in your own kitchen. Happy birthday dear Ral.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.