Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6039116 times)

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26340 on: July 20, 2022, 11:20:03 pm »
We are crutching again . Cooked a corn silverside in the shearing shed kitchen , they ate it up in salad rolls . Made Milo muffins too .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26341 on: July 21, 2022, 08:07:43 am »
It rained here this morning. I did the ironing and a bit of baking.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26342 on: July 21, 2022, 11:29:24 pm »
Believe it or not after 6 days the kitten Jerry returned home late last night and is still here this morning. I asked DH to contact a neighbor and he had seen a black large cat this week ! DH and I last night thought we would go over to look today as how would you see a black cat at night !! DH had  little fluffy on his lap inside last night for ages too . So we are pleased but if that meant he went tomming I’m not sure that being fixed worked that well .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26343 on: July 22, 2022, 02:43:06 am »
Our car has been a bit hesitant to start lately so we rang the RACV and they brought us a new battery. Like me I don't think it liked this very cold weather, now we shouldn't have any worries.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26344 on: July 22, 2022, 09:17:59 pm »
LOL  :)
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26345 on: July 23, 2022, 02:19:34 pm »
Made another batch of  lemon ginger drink . Started coughing today , very tiered and breathing hard , tiered of being unwell . Have no idea if I’m going to be able to get my crown done this week if this keeps up .

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26346 on: July 23, 2022, 11:12:58 pm »
Yesterday we had our first Open Day for the sale of our house. The house was ‘Open’ for 1/2 an hour. We arrived 2 hours prior and put lights and heaters on. 12 families turned up. This was very good. One family from Melbourne. Jellis  Craig is the Agent, All advertising is on the Internet,  there have been a lot of likes on Face Book.  We have no idea how this will all go but are so great full that we are staying with DD. We were both exhausted. Back at DD home, I made chicken soup and Ral slept for 3 hours. Again, we have had so much help it is truely amazing. Our Melbourne family have all caught COVID so have been unable to visit.
Cookie, finalising an estate is emotional and exhausting. Glad to see you are nearly there.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26347 on: July 23, 2022, 11:44:58 pm »
It would be much easier not living in a house open for inspection Chookie, good luck with the campaign.

Katie I can’t imagine it would be easy having dental work done in your condition. What has your GP diagnosed your problem as?
« Last Edit: July 23, 2022, 11:47:32 pm by judydawn »
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26348 on: July 24, 2022, 07:05:31 am »
Chookie we have our fingers crossed for your house open. Very nerve wracking. Thanks for the kind wishes re MIL’s estate.  Hopefully soon.
KAtie as Judy said I hope your GP can find out what is going on.
Mab some cold mornings I feel as though I need a new battery. Especially yesterday with the weather we had.
I haven’t done much today. I found some sweet short crust pastry in the freezer so I’m stewing some apples to make more McDonalds apple pies. My cake tin is full, there is plenty of bread in the freezer and rolls too. Maybe I should do some house work.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26349 on: July 24, 2022, 09:14:00 am »
Chookie, fingers crossed for a quick sale.

I went searching for a recipe I needed today I found it and then culled a lot that I didn't really need.

« Last Edit: July 24, 2022, 09:15:36 am by mab19 »
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26350 on: July 24, 2022, 11:56:48 am »
I did that a while back Margaret and now I’m using reams of paper to print on the blank side with more recipes LOL. Recipe collecting is an addiction but not harmful to anyone so I can’t see me giving it up any time soon, at different stages of our life we need different recipes.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26351 on: July 25, 2022, 04:59:36 am »
Well done on the recipe culling. I think many of us have lots of recipes for 'one day.'
I've been saving mine on Snap and also on Copy Me That, which is great for online recipes. It's free too.
https://www.copymethat.com/

I haven't done a lot today. Feeling a little bit down as my dear friend who died would have been 72 today.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26352 on: July 25, 2022, 09:23:36 pm »
I had a look at your house on the JC web site, Chookie, it looks fantastic and I hope you will have a lot of interest in it.

I got a bit of a mortgage shock yesterday when my bank statement came in.  In a period of 4 weeks our interest rate had gone from 3.99% to 5.74% to 6.24% (a difference of c. $433 / month)!  As you might guess, I was onto the bank pretty quickly and after a productive discussion our mortgage had gone down to 4.99% - what a huge relief.

Next $ shock was our electricity bill at over $700 but, due to our plan with our supplier, it came down to mid $300s.  I couldn't figure out why it was so high to start with but discovered that, although our house had been empty for one month I had left our hot water on as well as the under floor heating!  The place was deliciously warm when I finally got up there at the weekend so, as well as the supplier discount on our bill I had a beautifully warm weekend when usually the house is freezing in winter because we are not there to keep the fires burning, hence the hot water which heats the under floor slab would always be warm.

Also had a burst pipe outside which was quickly attended to by a great local plumber and an extortionate bill came in from the ATO during the week, which the accountant sorted out for us, so it was a financially up and down couple of days, but overall, I feel we came out on top - for once!
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26353 on: July 26, 2022, 05:48:16 am »
Well done with your negotiating skills Marina, I hope everyone is doing the same as you.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26354 on: July 26, 2022, 11:22:03 pm »
Oh hell Marina, you did well but what a pain having to deal with all of that.
We have had an offer for the house, ( it has been on the market for less than 1 week)  agent is negotiating for us. We will know today. Buyers wanted 6 month settlement. After discussion with DD we said ok.
KAtie,  your tough muffin was probably due to over mixing.
I did battle again with DD dreadful oven. Also her TMX 31 has given up on kneading. I mixed bread dough on reverse for 1 minute. Oven took 1 hour on 250 to reach 400. So altogether not too bad a result.