Author Topic: What have you been doing today?  (Read 6038142 times)

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
Re: What have you been doing today?
« Reply #26895 on: March 31, 2023, 07:17:24 pm »
So much is happening with everyone at the moment.  Sorry to hear of your fall, Cookie and hope your bruising and pain clears up soon.  We have to be so careful now as we "mature".  The weather map yesterday looked like there was a fair bit of rain over your way so I hope you enjoyed it and there was no flooding.

K Atie take it easy, you don't get a gold star if you push yourself when you are not feeling your best.

Chookie, you are sounding as if you have so much going on at the moment.  Good luck with the cataract next week.

A good massage,Judy - oh, you lucky thing!

Hope you enjoy getting back into quilting, Mab.  Like Judy, I haven't got a lot of patience for such fine work.  I am sure you will settle into it and thoroughly enjoy your creativity.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26896 on: April 01, 2023, 04:38:00 am »
Thank you everyone, I am taking it easy feel better today . Cookie think you should get checked out , all will be fine but best to make sure , hope your DD is better soon too . Chookie we have a local bakery that makes Hot cross buns , they are pretty good . Judy I was thinking that a good massage regularly would be great .

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26897 on: April 01, 2023, 12:23:58 pm »
Feeling pretty good today thanks everyone. I have lots of bruises and sore spots, but everything works so I’m fine.

We had lovely rain the other night. We got about 36mm or so. No flooding  anywhere near us. It was slow and steady. Judy we always have water restrictions for June, July and August. No sprinklers at all. We can only use our bores for 2 days a week. The garden has suffered quite a lot as a result of this. We’ve been sung Wet a Soil to help things along.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26898 on: April 02, 2023, 01:06:23 am »
Thankfully Day light savings has finished today , clocks back an hour . But as the season changes it’s already dark in the morning. Feel good that it’s gone back to normal time , let’s just say three weeks ago would have been better .

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26899 on: April 02, 2023, 02:10:12 am »
Cookie, glad to hear you are OK. Be loud and proud, show everyone your bruises and they will feel your pain. I ended up with a whopping black eye 4 years ago with my one and only fall (so far) and it sure makes you be aware of how easy it is to fall as we’re aging.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26900 on: April 02, 2023, 05:31:29 am »
Your black eye reminded me of a funny story from my past, Judy (not implying that your black eye was funny in any way they are horrible things).

Many years ago when we were living in Wellington we organised a concert by a Scottish folk group for Amnesty International and hosted a party after.  We had a lot of our family's Scottish friends there as well, including my mum.  As the party was drawing to a close, mum, DH and I were at the door fare-welling some friends when mum bent over for some reason just as DH was lifting his mandolin up and the headstock caught mum in the eye.

Next day she had a whopper of a black eye and very proudly told everyone that her son-in-law gave her a black eye.  So glad she and DH got on well together and she saw the funny side of the story!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26901 on: April 02, 2023, 10:37:27 am »
Good one Marina ha ha, not funny at the time though.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26902 on: April 03, 2023, 05:08:58 am »
Love it Marina.

When we were teaching in Carnamah, back in the dim dark ages I walked into the toilet door somehow. That day at school we had been discussing domestic violence and how many women often said they had walked into a door. I don't bruise easily and fortunately my toilet door crash didn't show any bruising, so I was able to go to school and not mention it.

Offline K Atie

• View Profile
« Reply #26903 on: April 03, 2023, 05:14:02 am »
Yesterday DGF and I made two batches of Onion Jam . We had made some for the market awhile ago but decided to make some for ourselves. Old style on the stove in two pots . It has mustard seeds and chilli sauce .

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26904 on: April 03, 2023, 06:42:11 am »
k Atie, that sound nice I love onion jam. 

Today DD took me to Moorrabin to check my TM31 in for a service.  While there I bought myself another jug.   My kitchen bench looks very naked without thermi sitting there.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26905 on: April 03, 2023, 07:26:40 am »
That was very coincidental timing, Cookie!

Mab, hope you took your TMX's serial number.  Getting the wrong machine back following the service of my TM31 has nearly destroyed my joy of cooking.  Fortunately I can swap mine for DH's here in the city ... but still ... total incompetence by the service department has left a bad taste in my mouth (excuse the pun!).

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #26906 on: April 03, 2023, 09:49:19 am »

Mab, hope you took your TMX's serial number.  Getting the wrong machine back following the service of my TM31 has nearly destroyed my joy of cooking.  Fortunately I can swap mine for DH's here in the city ... but still ... total incompetence by the service department has left a bad taste in my mouth (excuse the pun!).

Marina, I marked all the parts so I'll be able to tell if they are mine.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #26907 on: April 03, 2023, 11:54:56 am »

Marina, I marked all the parts so I'll be able to tell if they are mine.

GOOD!!!

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #26908 on: April 03, 2023, 11:38:50 pm »
Oh Cookie , hope you are ok. I tripped over a couple of times. I have been more embarrassed than hurt. DD suggested Anica cream for the bruise. Seemed to work.
Joiner still fitting drawers. I’m a bit sick of everything sitting around in boxes. He is doing an excellent job so I’m not complaining.
Started having the paintings hung yesterday.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #26909 on: April 04, 2023, 08:47:49 am »
I had an appointment with the physio this afternoon. I thought my balance was pretty good but with  my eyes closed its dreadful. I have things to practise before I see her in 3 weeks.

This morning we had coffee with a group of car maniacs buffs. It's always fun as we are from a couple of different clubs. DH picked up the former owner of the old/new car.