Author Topic: Anything goes for Uni  (Read 7861718 times)

Offline mab19

• View Profile
Re: Anything goes for Uni
« Reply #40515 on: August 15, 2022, 05:32:52 am »
Wonderful news Chookie about your new home.  A busy time ahead for you now.
The  man who said it can't be done should not interupt the woman doing it.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40516 on: August 24, 2022, 10:38:41 pm »
I was just reading Cookie’s comments about enjoying the smell of her neighbours cooking. I have been a bit concerned that I might annoy my new neighbours when using the BBQ out side. I often cook roasts in the BBQ as well as grills. Any pointers?  We all seem to be so close together.

Ral is much better this week. The previous 2 weeks were not good. 2 more Chemo to go.  These are different. We don’t know how , but not supposed to be as severe.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40517 on: August 25, 2022, 12:08:56 am »
I love the smell of BBQ’s and roasts from my neighbour Chookie, I don’t know what others think of it but for me it brings back memories of when I could eat anything.

Good to hear the chemo is not affecting Ral as badly now and with only 2 more to go that must be something you will be looking forward to ending.
Judy from North Haven, South Australia

Make the most of every day, you never know what is around the corner.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40518 on: August 25, 2022, 10:01:43 am »
Almost to the end now Chookie. It will be a breather for you both.
I love smelling the neighbour's cooking. It's such a different variety. Tonight someone is having a roast, it smells delicious.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #40519 on: August 25, 2022, 08:37:27 pm »
Even though I have been vegetarian for a long time now, I still love the smell of a barbecue!

Hope this final round of chemo works for Ral.  Give him an extra hug from DH and I.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40520 on: August 25, 2022, 10:07:59 pm »
Thanks for the positive feedback about outside cooking.
We think we may have sold. Final look today and buyers must sign contract by lunchtime today. Yesterday was hell. 2 families wanted to buy. Agent was going back and forth  all day, with us in the middle. The selling market is very difficult at the moment and buyers are very cautious. Can’t blame them. If the sale goes through, we will have 60 days to pack up and move out. We can’t fit all our antique furniture into the new house. We think we can keep the pieces we love most. Books will be a massive problem . Most people use the internet for recipes but I do love my books. Ral is the same. This is what we will have to deal with. The second photo are all cooking books!

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40521 on: August 26, 2022, 12:37:11 am »
Chookie I have everything crossed for that signature to happen today so that you can start the next step. I’m sure you will have room for some bookshelves in the new house, as books are dear to you both I hope you can take them all with you. Good luck with everything.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #40522 on: August 26, 2022, 04:47:25 am »
Chookie, I hope all goes well for you today.  It's hard to down size when you have so many lovely things that won't fit the new house.  Good luck with it all.

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40523 on: August 26, 2022, 08:59:53 am »
Chookie I would dearly love to have a wall of bookshelves like that. I do in one of the bedrooms but it doesn't hold nearly enough.
I do hope the contract is signed and you can go ahead with things.

Offline mab19

• View Profile
« Reply #40524 on: August 30, 2022, 02:46:24 am »
I had to call the ambulance for DH last night.  He had a fall in the shower and I had trouble getting him up.  He was vomiting and had diarrhea for most of the afternoon and evening and thinks he passed out when he was in the shower.  The boys were both away and DIL was out at a family birthday party.  I sent her a text and she called into the hospital on the way home.  As our DD lives 45 mins away I had no choice but to call the ambulance.  Fortunately he didn't break any bones or his hip and he was allowed to come home about midnight.

Offline judydawn

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40525 on: August 30, 2022, 04:26:48 am »
Sorry to hear that Margaret, I know how difficult it is to get someone up from the floor. Glad to hear he was able to come home after being checked out. Maybe time for him to use a shower chair?

Offline djinni373

• View Profile
« Reply #40526 on: August 30, 2022, 05:09:47 am »
Oh Chookie. That is a magnificent wall of books. We had to downsize to 5 bookshelves when we moved. I found that difficult so I can only imagine what it must be like for you. But I am sure you will manage.

Oh Mab, That would have been difficult. Glad DH is ok.

Over the weekend I bought a racing rubber duckie from our local Rotary Club for a charity duck race on. Should be a lot of fun.
“Age isn’t a number, it’s an attitude.“

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
« Reply #40527 on: August 30, 2022, 07:21:40 am »
Mab how very frightening for both of you. I'm glad DH is ok.

Gayle I hope your rubber ducky wins. I bought a raffle ticket in a hamper on Saturday morning. I won it. I was very pleased. It wasn't too large and had lovely stuff in it.

Offline Cuilidh

• View Profile
« Reply #40528 on: August 31, 2022, 02:23:30 am »
So much has been happening for so many people and I haven't been good at keeping up with you all..

Chookie, good luck with the book culling, I would rather you than me ... DH is hopeless, it doesn't matter what the book is, he simply cannot throw any out (I have noticed a few of my old recipe books disappearing though, but they were pre-vegetarian days, so he was forgiven).

Mab, that must have been frightening for both you and DH, glad to hear that he had no broken bones and was safe home afterwards.

Cookie, congratulations on your rubber duckie win.
Marina from Melbourne and Guildford
I can resist everything except temptation - Oscar Wilde.

Offline achookwoman

• View Profile
    • Chook woman
« Reply #40529 on: September 13, 2022, 11:36:03 pm »
Mab, hope DH has recovered. It is very upsetting for you both. Cookie, nice to win something.
The sale has gone though. So packing in earnest now. Have hired a storage unit and have shifted a lot of boxes into it.
Ral has 1 treatment to go. These 2 are not as bad as the Chemo. After the next treatment, tests will be done to see how successful the Chemo has been.   If the cancer is still there he can’t have any more Chemo. He is looking forward to the new house. We are still living with DD and spend as much time at home , packing, as possible.
About 8 weeks until we shift.