Author Topic: Cheeky Request ...  (Read 15901 times)

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
Cheeky Request ...
« on: September 19, 2010, 10:10:11 pm »
Does anyone have their thermomix recipes on either Master Cook or Meal Master software?  I'm thinking of buying an application for my ipad which allows imports from either of these.  It has the ability to enter recipes quickly online, which is easier than on the 'keyboard', so it's tempting to buy anyway.  But if some kind soul would let me have their recipes which they've already entered (obviously doesn't matter if it isn't only thermomix recipes  :D ) it would be fabulous!

I've been looking for a software recipe solution for a while, but was limited by having a Mac, so this App sounds pretty promising.
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline cookie1

• Global Moderator
    • View Profile
Re: Cheeky Request ...
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2010, 04:07:59 am »
I'd love to help but don't have anything you need. I'd love an ipad but certainly don't need one.
May all dairy items in your fridge be of questionable vintage.

https://www.facebook.com/The-Retired-Thermomixer-834601623316983/

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 20, 2010, 07:03:46 am »
I'd be happy to provide you with files from my Living Cookbook software.  I can export them as .txt files which can be imported into almost anything, so that would be a headstart over typing perhaps.

Let me know.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.
Email thermomix.darlingdowns@gmail.com

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 02:50:40 pm »
With many, many, many thanks to Cathy, I am now the ecstatic owner of recipe book software, complete with 123 Thermomix recipes split into their various categories.

Really, I'm so thrilled and excited that I have to reach the conclusion that I'm just sad!   :-))  One day, hopefully, I'll get a life ... but until I do, Cathy has made me very happy.  :-* :-* :-*
As my picture shows, I've suddenly become younger :-)  DD was of the opinion that her picture should be here, not mine!

Offline Meagan

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 06:03:45 pm »
Tell me more about the app you chose and how it works for iPad please  ;) I am looking for an iPad friendly solution too.
Thermomix consultant in beautiful Perth,  Mum to 2 boys :)

Do you Fly with the flyLady?  www.flylady.net

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 11:00:20 pm »
Really, I'm so thrilled and excited that I have to reach the conclusion that I'm just sad!   :-))  One day, hopefully, I'll get a life ... but until I do, Cathy has made me very happy.  :-* :-* :-*
Glad I could spread such joy with the press of a button.  You're not sad - if you want sad, check out this post.
Helping you to take back control over what your family eats, one meal at a time.

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 23, 2010, 12:39:38 am »
Glad I could spread such joy with the press of a button.  You're not sad - if you want sad, check out this post.

LOL.  I had a few chuckles reading that thread.  Yeah OK, we're as sad as each other  ;) ;D

Offline CarolineW

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 23, 2010, 12:59:33 am »
Tell me more about the app you chose and how it works for iPad please  ;) I am looking for an iPad friendly solution too.

Hi Meagan,
I actually have 2 apps.  One is very good for grabbing recipes browsed for on the web - but only on set sites (thermomix NOT being one of them, although I've put in a request.  Recipezaar is, though, which I tend to use for my non-thermomix activities.)  It also comes ready loaded with a bunch of recipes.

Hmm, after starting this post, I realised that I couldn't remember the recipe book app names, and that my ipad is upstairs in the bedroom, where my DH is asleep.  So I guess I'll post the name tomorrow.

Anyway, the other app I have is HandyCookbook, which I originally looked into because it has an easy recipe entry interface online (which is quicker and easier than the entry over iphone/ipad option which also exists), and because it sends grocery shopping lists to To Do, which I use a lot.  However, then I saw that it was easy to import existing files into, meaning that any kind thermomix forum soul (eg Cathy) who was willing to share their files with me, would give me a huge leg up.  And it was indeed very, very easy to import the recipes. (should anyone else be willing to share their recipe files with me - please feel free!)

I guess if the first app added forumthermomix.com to their search database, that would be my ideal app (how many of us have iphones or ipads?  Can we join together to encourage them?!)  but in the meantime using the 2 together - one for 'normal' cooking, and the other for thermomix, works well for me.

Anyway, the other one I hve

Offline andiesenji

• View Profile
    • Books, Cooks, Gadgets and Gardening
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2010, 12:16:41 am »
Caroline,
Have you seen My Cookbook.com ?

You can enter as a guest and look it over.   I have a Mac and I have made up my own Word template for my recipes as it prints out easily but I have also used online venues such as eGullet's RecipeGullet. 

There are several online cookbook sites where you can upload and store your own recipes, access them easily and get them in a printable form - that is, without any graphics, unless you want to include them.  I know one is based in Australia because one of the people who used to be on eGullet used that site for her recipes.  I can't recall her screen name but will try to find it. 

Some of my recipes are also on other sites but mostly I just use a Word document on my computers - it makes it easy for me to send them via email to other people who can download them and add or change the data in the document. 
That is assuming that they do have Microsoft Word on their computer. 
One of my friends has an IPad and has Text Edit Genius which can open and interpret Word text files.   I also have Text Edit so I usually just convert them myself before sending them along to her. 

I'm not OverWeight, I'm UnderTall!
My Blog: http://www.asenjigalblogs.com/

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
    • brazen's culinary adventures
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2010, 05:56:09 am »
cathy, i would love those recipes too if that's ok?! i have LC but don't use it much as it all seems too hard to type all my recipes into it lol
Karen in Canberra :)
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog
Thermomix Magic Group Blog

Offline faffa_70

• My favourite things TMX ... roses & purple :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2010, 03:09:37 pm »
I have LC too but need educating on exporting and importing files if someone has the time :)  :-* :-*

Happy to share as well   ;)
Kathryn - Perth WA :)
Mum of 5 hungry mouths :D
Noni to 3 more hungry mouths!

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2010, 10:49:46 pm »
yeah, i need that help too lol

i need help with capturing recipes from online too - the only way i've found is by C&P each bit separately into LC, is that correct or is there another way? it takes forever :(
Mum to 3 including one with Coeliac Disease and 2 with autism, aiming for a paleo / AIP diet
My Cooking Blog

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 24, 2010, 11:37:15 pm »
I'm more than happy to share my LC files.

Brazen, you're definitely doing it the hard way!  Check out this demo Learn how to use Living Cookbook to copy recipes from the Internet.

There are other demos there as well which are helpful.  I don't use the recipe planning or shopping list functions, but I'm sure they'd be good.

Faffa - If you go to File and choose Import or Export, the prompts are pretty helpful.  Mainly need to choose what file format you want, choose the recipes or chapters you want to export, then choose a location on your hard drive to export too.

I haven't tried importing files (need someone to export theirs  ;) ;)) but exporting is easy.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 10:41:29 pm by cathy79 »

Offline brazen20au

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 24, 2010, 11:48:01 pm »
sorry cathy, do you mind sharing the link again? thanks :)
My Cooking Blog

Offline cathy79

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2010, 10:41:56 pm »
I've fixed the link.